Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Erik Ezukanma

Started by Tsarcasm, June 26, 2017, 09:16:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

rljjr

Nothing other than to say sign him up!

Hogs49ers

This is fantastic news!  And if you look a littler deeper, you can see that 2 of the crystal balls come from TCU recruiting gurus, and the 3rd crystal ball came from an Aggie guru (which are 2 of the top schools we are competing with.)
SCREW Vandy!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

"Ezukanma is among the top recruits in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and holds 13 reported offers. As a junior, Ezukanma caught 88 passes for 1,447 yards and 20 touchdowns while also rushing 29 times for 383 yards and four touchdowns.

Arkansas is expected to have a much smaller class than normal due to less attrition on the team under Bret Bielema. At this time the Hogs expect to sign one wide receiver. Ezukanma would be a perfect addition in that regard. He is another example of how the Hogs have stepped up their recruiting efforts in the Metroplex."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GoHogzzGo

Wow that would be huge. Get our one receiver for the class locked in as a stud, no settling needed.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

lumphog

2 days ago Arkansas was at 14% on the Crystal Ball... Last Place
And NOW... 43% and the Leader... LOOKS GOOD FOR THE HOGS

Hogs49ers

He reminds me of Joe Adams a bit.
SCREW Vandy!

Oklahawg

Might not have to have a WR in this class but this one would be a dandy. Yes please.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Steef

Holy beans!!

Yes please!

NoogaHog

I watched the hudl video. Holy crap! Is there no one in Texas that can tackle this dude? Great running but BAD, BAD tackling. Also at 5:19, running back a squib kick for a TD? That's just rude. You can't let that happen if you are the kicking team. He just insulted them.  :)

He looks great. Some said he looks like Joe Adams, and he does run like him. But he is also 6'3". Let your mind's eye take you to a place where Joe Adams is 6'3" and tall enough to go get a ball. WOW! I just get tingly thinking about that.

SIGN THIS KID!!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Paul

June 26, 2017, 04:19:39 pm #12 Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:34:13 pm by Paul
at 6'3" he has quickness & speed & a great handle:  "Easy E."

The_Boot_stops_here

Would be an awesome get. Love the size. When is he visiting?

tusksincolorado

He sure gets there in a hurry....

Lived in Flower Mound once upon a time....Lewisville and Flower Mound would play ball at the old Texas Stadium. First Texas HS game I ever saw....60K showed up! AMAZING!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pig in the Pokey

June 26, 2017, 09:49:24 pm #15 Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:13:18 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: NoogaHog on June 26, 2017, 03:59:06 pm
I watched the hudl video. Holy crap! Is there no one in Texas that can tackle this dude? Great running but BAD, BAD tackling. Also at 5:19, running back a squib kick for a TD? That's just rude. You can't let that happen if you are the kicking team. He just insulted them.  :)

He looks great. Some said he looks like Joe Adams, and he does run like him. But he is also 6'3". Let your mind's eye take you to a place where Joe Adams is 6'3" and tall enough to go get a ball. WOW! I just get tingly thinking about that.

SIGN THIS KID!!
kid has a real knack for keeping guys just out of reach. Some of those runs were ridiculous. Honestly, I know this comparison will get scoffed at, but he runs like one Lance Bambi Alworth. Just keeps dudes just out of range.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogFoo

Yes, can definitely see the Joe Adams comparison.   Yes please!  Dang, just keep adding players like this and we'll be where we all want to be very quickly!   And that kid is 6'3?  Dang! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Oklahawg

Allow the tap on the brakes - we may not sign a WR this class. A lot depends (my presumption here) on whether Martin or Nance do well enough to go pro early.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rljjr

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 26, 2017, 10:22:36 pm
Allow the tap on the brakes - we may not sign a WR this class. A lot depends (my presumption here) on whether Martin or Nance do well enough to go pro early.

I'm usually in rapt agreement with you, but I don't know how you say no to a 4-year guy like this. I understand positions will be tight, but we have a strong need for size, speed and versatility, especially if we get to have it for 3 years vice 2 (or 1). As the adage goes, the numbers will work themselves out.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 26, 2017, 10:22:36 pm

We've got what, 7 scholarship WRs?  A couple more seem like a good idea.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

absofreakinlutely!!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

presidenthog

Quote from: rljjr on June 27, 2017, 07:55:28 am
the numbers will work themselves out.
They always do. We need to let them do thier thing more often.

Pinto

Joe Adams wasn't 6'2" though...

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on June 27, 2017, 08:55:19 am
We've got what, 7 scholarship WRs?  A couple more seem like a good idea.

We'll take a WR, you can count on that. Would be awesome if its this guy

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 27, 2017, 01:06:43 pm

Agreed.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Richard Davenport

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 27, 2017, 01:06:43 pm

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Never say never, but the numbers are very, very tight.

Arkansas loaded up in the 17 class.

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 27, 2017, 02:18:06 pm
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Never say never, but the numbers are very, very tight.

Arkansas loaded up in the 17 class.

Sure would be nice to have a couple of those scholarships this year....
1909/1964/1965/1977

NoogaHog

Quote from: Pinto on June 27, 2017, 12:18:36 pm
Joe Adams wasn't 6'2" though...

According to the Wikis, Joe is 5'11". 6'3" with those moves is a good thing.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

onebadrubi

NO way we turn this guy away because of not enough scholarships.  They are recruiting him because they want him, I have to believe.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 27, 2017, 03:01:55 pm
NO way we turn this guy away because of not enough scholarships.  They are recruiting him because they want him, I have to believe.

You can't make a spot that's not there. Crazier things have happened, but as of now I would be surprised if they took a WR.

rljjr

Based on what you know now, what are the final positions of need that get filled?

Mike_e

Blueshirt?

If the young man has a senior year like his junior.. well it might be hard to keep him.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ricepig

Quote from: Mike_e on June 27, 2017, 06:52:29 pm
Blueshirt?

If the young man has a senior year like his junior.. well it might be hard to keep him.

He ain't blue shirting, someone else might.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 27, 2017, 06:56:40 pm
He ain't blue shirting, someone else might.

Those blue shirts last year...
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 27, 2017, 07:10:04 pm
Those blue shirts last year...

The numbers will work themselves out.......

Snortingred1

I mean, I think we can afford one scholly to a wr if he is real quality.  A three year quality receiver could stand to go a long way.  I have to agree though, we need all the quality O-line and D-line we can get.  One wr could be worth it though, especially if the coaches have strong confidence in their skills, team orientation, and commitment.

tophawg19

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 27, 2017, 04:01:39 pm
You can't make a spot that's not there. Crazier things have happened, but as of now I would be surprised if they took a WR.
RD , I had heard that there might be between 18 and 20 spots because of transfers that didn't fit . Have you heard this ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 27, 2017, 07:38:44 pm
RD , I had heard that there might be between 18 and 20 spots because of transfers that didn't fit . Have you heard this ?

We still have to "lose" 3 before fall camp.......

onebadrubi

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 27, 2017, 04:01:39 pm

While I hear what you are saying and respect your opinion as much as anyone on this topic, I don't think this staff would be talking with him if he couldn't commit here, just not their style. 

LRHawg

Someone with Twitter send him the video of Joe Adams juking the entire Tennessee team on that punt return. Tell him he's up next!

ridgehog88

Cobi Hamilton Clone. Long lanky with good moves.

secneahog

We have really good, young depth at wr. This is a small class, I would pass on the wr spot and get another hybrid Lber/DE Hog position.  But him actually be a lber, not out grow that position and can't move well.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Pinto

Quote from: ridgehog88 on June 27, 2017, 09:22:36 pm
Cobi Hamilton Clone. Long lanky with good moves.

I love Cobi to death but he wasn't as elusive. This guy probably can't beat Cobi in a foot race though lol

LRHawg

Quote from: Pinto on June 28, 2017, 07:28:40 am
I love Cobi to death but he wasn't as elusive. This guy probably can't beat Cobi in a foot race though lol

Elusive enough to slip through the Georgia secondary for that sweet, sweet game-winning TD. Man, still one of my favorite moments in Hog Football.

ricepig

Quote from: LRHawg on June 28, 2017, 11:12:22 am
Elusive enough to slip through the Georgia secondary for that sweet, sweet game-winning TD. Man, still one of my favorite moments in Hog Football.

Huh, Childs please?

LRHawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2017, 11:16:31 am
Huh, Childs please?

Haha, yeah I actually went to go find the video to link here and realized it was Childs. My memory is bad that far back, apparently. Maybe a better example would be one of his long TD's against LSU in 2011?

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: LRHawg on June 28, 2017, 11:18:42 am
Haha, yeah I actually went to go find the video to link here and realized it was Childs. My memory is bad that far back, apparently. Maybe a better example would be one of his long TD's against LSU in 2011?

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LJHOG

I can't see saying no to this guy.