Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on Lane Kiffin

Started by Hoggie17, October 25, 2017, 02:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DeltaBoy

His ex wife is STILL HOTT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

King Kong

Tusks

I'd take him as HC of the Hogs.  It's not gonna happen, but I'd take him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Next1_04

The man has been fired twice in September. No thanks.

King Kong

Quote from: Next1_04 on October 25, 2017, 03:49:55 pm
The man has been fired twice in September. No thanks.

Getting fired before is the only reason to not hire someone (especially since one was the NFL) the Nick Saban and Bill Belichick wouldnt be he HOF coaches they are.

Fired before 40. Kiffin is/has only improved and is better prepared than some Asst. or non P5 HC coach will be.

phadedhawg

eh, I admit, even though I could care less about the Vols, I did feel sorry for the way he up and left in the dead of night. 

Of course we hired a coach who did the same thing to the Falcons so...shrug...

He might do well and it might really tick Nick Satan off to have to go up against him every year.  Of course Nicky would probably hang 3 or 4 more TDs on us to prove his point if Kiffin became our next coach.

The Hawg Marshal

She wouldn't be coming along though.

hogcam

Hoggie17

If Lane Kiffin were out HC he could take back to where BP had us.  He knows it would be his last chance.  Risk is there but the rewards could be great. I would roll the dice on him.

When he was at Tn he landed a helicopter at kids HS game to recruit a kid. 

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

King Kong

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 25, 2017, 05:43:46 pm
PJ Fleck is better

Not sure PJ a NE guy would bolt after one year for our job. Especially after his DC advices against it.

Kiffin was willing to leave the Raider for this job

TrueBlue

You can play it safe and be mediocre the rest of your life or you can gamble big and win big.

East Clintwood

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2017, 06:08:41 pm
Not sure PJ a NE guy would bolt after one year for our job. Especially after his DC advices against it.

Kiffin was willing to leave the Raider for this job

And he'll be willing to leave us in the middle of the night for his next big gig.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 25, 2017, 04:45:22 pm
He knows it would be his last chance.
Joey Freshwater doesn't understand the concept of last chances.

King Kong

October 25, 2017, 09:12:42 pm #16 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:15:14 am by King Kong
Quote from: East Clintwood on October 25, 2017, 07:50:15 pm

And he'll be willing to leave us in the middle of the night for his next big gig.

Well, there aren't many gigs better than ours that he can get. Also there are these new things called buyouts. UT was to stupid to not give him one

NuttinItUp

He is only 4-3 at FAU.

Laughable.

Better options abound.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 25, 2017, 09:21:42 pm
He is only 4-3 at FAU.

Laughable.

Better options abound.

FAU hasn't won more than 3 games in 6 years. Over 4 games in 7 years.

Your dismissal is laughable.

King Kong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 25, 2017, 10:15:37 pm
FAU hasn't won more than 3 games in 6 years. Over 4 games in 7 years.

Your dismissal is laughable.

It's possible they win out. Which would be an amazing turnaround in one season

Currently 3-0 in conference average margin of victory in conference is 28 points

kp72204

If he won 8 games here, he'd get an offer somewhere. Is the Arkansas job I to be a spring board to a higher profile gig?

King Kong

October 26, 2017, 06:45:08 am #21 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:13:09 am by King Kong
Quote from: kp72204 on October 25, 2017, 11:30:41 pm
If he won 8 games here, he'd get an offer somewhere. Is the Arkansas job I to be a spring board to a higher profile gig?

Here the thing. He will get a non-compete to other SEC schools. Then there are only a handful of that pay this much. It's the same reason Mullen can't get out of MSU even though he tries every off-season. He can't/won't take a the 1.5 paycut.

Outside SEC job that can pay what we can, Texas, OU, OSU, Michigan, Penn State, and USC. They aren't coming for Kiffin for various reasons. This is also a reason we were able to keep Petrino.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Hoggie17

Quote from: King Kong on October 26, 2017, 06:45:08 am
He is the thing. He will get a non-compete to other SEC schools. Then there are only a handful of that pay this much. It's the same reason Mullen can't get out of MSU even though he tries every off-season. He can't/won't take a the 1.5 paycut.

Outside SEC job that can pay what we can, Texas, OU, OSU, Michigan, Penn State, and USC. They aren't coming for Kiffin for various reasons. This is also a reason we were able to keep Petrino.
So now everyone thinks we are just a stepping stone to a better job?  If that is true CBB took this job as stepping stone for somewhere else.

King Kong

October 26, 2017, 08:16:05 am #24 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:00:00 pm by King Kong
Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 26, 2017, 06:50:51 am
So now everyone thinks we are just a stepping stone to a better job?  If that is true CBB took this job as stepping stone for somewhere else.

I don't and Our history show this. Twice NFL HC have left for Arkansas. We pulled the 3 straight Big 10 Championship Coach. Because good coaches know they can win here.

But I also understand there are some programs that are better jobs.

Sivad

Coaches don't voluntarily leave Arkansas for another job.

hoghiker

This.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Sivad on October 26, 2017, 02:08:34 pm
Coaches don't voluntarily leave Arkansas for another job.
Ken Hatfield and Eddie Sutton said to tell you hello.....
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Sivad

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 26, 2017, 02:16:35 pm
Ken Hatfield and Eddie Sutton said to tell you hello.....
Hello.
Eddie Sutton was drunk and no one is talking about basketball.
Hatfield did not get along with the AD and the fans were hard on his butt wanting him gone.
When football coaches are in favor here (the point of my response) they don't voluntarily leave.

Pigasaurus

I don't like the weasel. Even if his dad did coach the 78 orange bowl defense.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Torqued pork

Surely there's an adult who would take the job.

Ex-Trumpet

Well, that would mean the Hogs program was succeeding!  Much better scenario than where we are now.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HawgPound

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 26, 2017, 08:39:22 pm
Tosh 3.0
I would rather have Tosh. At least the coaches show could be fun when he rips on bad plays.

Ex-Trumpet

Clemson would not have beaten Bama if Kiffin had still been the OC.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

I think you are correct if Kiffin is the OC, BAMA wins.  But that could have been true with any OC who had been there longer.  Saban rolled the dice likely thinking he could make the difference himself.

Kiffin at Arkansas would not scare Saban.  Saban knows his personal work habits are why he does better than most.  He knows that most coaches will not put in the time and effort to be great.  He might ease up on us like he does for Bret if Kiffin was the HC.  We wouldn't improve our chances of beating BAMA if Kiffin was the HC.  Kiffin is one of several who could get us to 8 wins most of the time and 9 to 11 on occasion.  Others are Gus, maybe Venables, maybe Morris at SMU

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 12247 on October 27, 2017, 10:29:44 am
I think you are correct if Kiffin is the OC, BAMA wins.  But that could have been true with any OC who had been there longer.  Saban rolled the dice likely thinking he could make the difference himself.

Kiffin at Arkansas would not scare Saban.  Saban knows his personal work habits are why he does better than most.  He knows that most coaches will not put in the time and effort to be great.  He might ease up on us like he does for Bret if Kiffin was the HC.  We wouldn't improve our chances of beating BAMA if Kiffin was the HC.  Kiffin is one of several who could get us to 8 wins most of the time and 9 to 11 on occasion.  Others are Gus, maybe Venables, maybe Morris at SMU

Let's be honest...who at Arkansas might scare Saban? 

Saban doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to put his tail between his legs.

King Kong

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2017, 10:37:48 am
Let's be honest...who at Arkansas might scare Saban? 

Saban doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to put his tail between his legs.

This. I'm not looking for a coach to go head to head with Saban. But if we can find a guy that beat the teams we should like Petrino did. We will be headed back in the right direction.

Kiffin can do that

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Ex-Trumpet

Would that be any worse than somebody that loses a lot and continues to lose a lot and simply won't leave?   8)

CPL HOG

I would be ok taking a chance on Kiffin, at this point we don't have much to lose.

King Kong

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lane-kiffin-fau-20171026-story,amp.html

"When you're younger, you're thinking about, 'OK, how fast can I move? How big is the place? How much money are you going to make?' " Kiffin says. "Well, if you've already been at those kinds of places, if you've been fortunate to make a lot of money, maybe you start to think a little bit different."

Piggfoot

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2017, 10:37:48 am
Let's be honest...who at Arkansas might scare Sabin? 

Sabin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to put his tail between his legs.
We need to forget about Sabin and concentrate on the games we're supposed to compete in and win. When facing Alabama we need to play conservative and as much as possible avoid injuring our players. Once we develop a competitive team then we can think about jumping on Alabama. I would play my third team more to give them experience.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

King Kong