Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Source inside the Administration and it's not good.

Started by Pigstie, October 23, 2017, 11:37:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 25, 2017, 01:33:17 pm
It’s never been proven wrong because it’s the truth. If she no longer has the job and people are interviewed there’s no case. That was a state funded job and there are rules & regulations that must be followed, they weren’t, and that does make the university liable. That’s 100% the main reason he was fired, and if he didn’t hire her it was Long’s decision to keep CBP or not. Long had no choice but to fire him.

Yes, it's been proven wrong. The U of A was never in any danger of lawsuits.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 25, 2017, 01:27:16 pm
Who is it? I can't find it.
Me either. But if it was done in May I seriously doubt if there is a connection.

Ā 

HoggyCat

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 12:38:42 pm
"C" as in Carroll

Why would a house bought in May be relevant to our unofficial coaching search?? Especially when we don't even have a vacancy!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hawgon

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 25, 2017, 01:57:40 pm
Why would a house bought in May be relevant to our unofficial coaching search?? Especially when we don't even have a vacancy!!

Who said it is?  No one. It is just that one of the candidates has recently purchased a house at Beaver Lake.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 01:58:35 pm
Who said it is?  No one. It is just that one of the candidates has recently purchased a house at Beaver Lake.

They have to debunk anything and everything. Like Ghost adventures. Just like they took it as gospel I said Tim Horton is gonna be the next coach last night....

They don't know how it works here. They don't know how to connect dots. They are puppets. They only see reasons, modern day witch hunts, must be the only reason we bring up anything we hear.

PRJ

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 12:55:25 pm
Every P5 football program has down years but very, very few have 6 straight down years.

Heck some of them have decades of down years.................until they get the right coach. Case in point......Kansas State. I do agree that schools with a decent tradition like Arkansas shouldn't have six straight down years.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 25, 2017, 02:07:44 pm
They have to debunk anything and everything. Like Ghost adventures. Just like they took it as gospel I said Tim Horton is gonna be the next coach last night....

They don't know how it works here. They don't know how to connect dots. They are puppets. They only see reasons, modern day witch hunts, must be the only reason we bring up anything we hear.

PRJ

I was watching Ghost Adventures a few weeks ago and the muscular, hipster kid claimed he smelt a ghost fart. 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 25, 2017, 02:07:44 pm

PRJ
I had no judgement either way. I was just curious who it was. But you have to admit , if it had been done in September or October it would have set off more alarms than it being in May. Again no judgment just an observation on my part.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: menehune on October 25, 2017, 10:46:05 am
It's not about the affair, probably not even all about the concocted lie trying to cover his butt. I IS about hiring his girlfriend for a job she wasn't as qualified for as the other applicants.  I love Petrino and am still ticked at him, but let's not revise the story to make us feel better.  It sucks!
I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.

hogcam

seasonhog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 10:18:46 am
No, Petrino only lied to Long once and he shouldn't have. As I stated, he should have been punished but not terminated.

The misstate Petrino made......was not calling his lawyer before he spoke to anyone.

hawgon

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 25, 2017, 02:11:53 pm
I had no judgement either way. I was just curious who it was. But you have to admit , if it had been done in September or October it would have set off more alarms than it being in May. Again no judgment just an observation on my part.

Oh I don't know.  Reasonable people have known that this wasn't going to work for a good while now.  I would expect that an actual football cinch, particularly one who's old boss and friend had just come back from a huge deficit and beaten Bert's team in the Belk Bowl would know the score.  Fact is, there was a lot more went on at that trip than has ever come out on this board and Fuentes had a front row seat.  He probably told his boy, "Won't be long now."

hawgon

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2017, 02:15:33 pm

The misstate Petrino made......was not calling his lawyer before he spoke to anyone.

Absolutely. 

Ā 

PorkRinds

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2017, 02:15:33 pm

Truer words have never been spoken.

cjack

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
Oh I don't know.  Reasonable people have known that this wasn't going to work for a good while now.  I would expect that an actual football cinch, particularly one who's old boss and friend had just come back from a huge deficit and beaten Bert's team in the Belk Bowl would know the score.  Fact is, there was a lot more went on at that trip than has ever come out on this board and Fuentes had a front row seat.  He probably told his boy, "Won't be long now."

Is the guy Chad Morris?  I'm so confused.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

King Kong

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 25, 2017, 12:56:47 pm
Aside from 5 or 6 seasons, we've sucked since we've joined the SEC.

We have had what? 11 seasons of atleast 8 wins. I disagree with the sucked part. Maybe only 3-4 elite years

hogcam

The house he supposedly bought though, is not a house a coach that makes millions would buy to live in. So, I am guessing it is a different Chad Morris from Dallas. Unless I am looking at the wrong thing.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
Sounds plausible. And he would  be an upgrade over what we have. My only drawback to him would be if he had success here aTm might steal him from us. But I'd be willing to gamble.

seasonhog

[quote author=hawgon

Absolutely. 

Seasonhog;

If he had been let go.....it would be with a lot more dollars then he got.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 25, 2017, 12:56:47 pm
Aside from 5 or 6 seasons, we've sucked since we've joined the SEC.

Actually Alabama has done pretty well since joining. You did say "we", bama fan.

hawgon

October 25, 2017, 02:40:20 pm #420 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:53:45 pm by hawgon
Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2017, 02:28:14 pm
[quote author=hawgon

Absolutely. 

Seasonhog;

If he had been let go.....it would be with a lot more dollars then he got.

He hung himself with that statement he released after that first meeting with Long.  My client would have never made a statement like that and he would have never said anything to Long in that situation.

Dropkick

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 25, 2017, 01:27:16 pm
Who is it? I can't find it.
Look at the carroll couNty real estate transfers in May. I dOubt with the timing it has anything to do with ouR  Very possiblE opening. It wouLd however make you think they Like the area.

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgon on October 25, 2017, 02:40:20 pm
He hung himself with that statement he releases after that first meeting with Long.  My client would have never made a statement like that and he would have never said anything to Long in that situation.

Even after that......a good Lawyer would have found that he had a concussion & did not know what he was saying.

Should have called you......I have seen your work on HV.

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on October 25, 2017, 02:48:15 pm
Look at the Carroll Counreal estate transfers in May. I doubt with the timing it has anything to do with our possible opening. It would however make you think they like the area.ty

I would have gone to Greers or Norfork, easier drive from Memphis.

Ā 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Pigstie on October 23, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
I have been told that CBB will be retained, UNLESS he were to choose to resign.  Will fire Anderson and Scott.  Possibly back to 4-3 next year.
Quote from: Pigstie on October 23, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
I have been told that CBB will be retained, UNLESS he were to choose to resign.  Will fire Anderson and Scott.  Possibly back to 4-3 next year.

So if he only wins 1 or 2 more games this year he stays?  Interesting.  So he fires only 2, Scott and Anderson?  Who does he hire? Who would want the jobs ? 

We will see but with each loss it looks like he is losing his players and his coaches.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 25, 2017, 02:28:19 pm
Actually Alabama has done pretty well since joining. You did say "we", bama fan.

Not overly impressed with Bama this year either.

I think they're primed to be beaten by UGA.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 25, 2017, 01:33:17 pm
It's never been proven wrong because it's the truth. If she no longer has the job and people are interviewed there's no case. That was a state funded job and there are rules & regulations that must be followed, they weren't, and that does make the university liable. That's 100% the main reason he was fired, and if he didn't hire her it was Long's decision to keep CBP or not. Long had no choice but to fire him.

We've had attorneys weigh in on this issue ad nausea...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hawg Life

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 25, 2017, 03:03:30 pm

So if he only wins 1 or 2 more games this year he stays?  Interesting.  So he fires only 2, Scott and Anderson?  Who does he hire? Who would want the jobs ? 

We will see but with each loss it looks like he is losing his players and his coaches.

He should've hired Partridge & Bostad, and they would've taken the jobs. Look @ where they ended up.

Hawg Life

lasthog

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 25, 2017, 12:49:22 pm
He wasn't fired for lying. He was fired for hiring her for a position in which there were 300 applicants, and no one else was even interviewed, and all 300 could file suit against the school. This was a huge liability, which really gave Long no option but to fire him.

phadedhawg

lasthog

Quote from: Rustyhog on October 25, 2017, 08:29:47 am
Coaches loose jobs more for empty seats than W's & L's. Granted, at Arkansas, filling the seats is ALL ABOUT W's & L's. But if a coach goes 50-50 and the stadium/arena/ballpark is full every event, then chances are the coach is safe.

BTW, merchandise royalties have almost doubled since Long has been in power. from 9.5% to 17% This in just the past 3 years.

IMO... the fan "experience" is KEY to the future of college Football. Considering you can now watch the game in the comfort of your own home with HUGE HD TV's. PLUS no traffic, lines at the restrooms, ect... IMO, the next issues they have to address is the West side of the stadium and traffic.  But that is another discussion. (the west side of the stadium is embarrassing! Should have been upgraded before the north endzone imo)

Except at the Brady's. Six kids, one toilet. Brutal.

Piggfoot

Quote from: snoblind on October 24, 2017, 09:26:06 pm
Meh.  When the piped in music is turned up so loud 50 minutes before the game two folks standing next to each other can't carry on a normal conversation I don't call that a better fan experience.
The sound system is awful. Way to much reverb and echo. It was very difficult to understand the announcer. The Jumbotron did not show enough football or replays. Lots of crowd shots which did not interest me. The whole presentation appeared to be directed by a person with ADHD.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 25, 2017, 03:21:09 pm
He should've hired Partridge & Bostad, and they would've taken the jobs. Look @ where they ended up.

Yep, make Partridge RC pay him some coin and put him to work.  Instead he followed up the Anderson disaster with more FCS/Assistant to the Assistant guys.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoghearted

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 25, 2017, 10:58:41 am
Ok, so lets do like you and say, she was a gold digger grabbing for money and fame, willing to pleasure a 50 year old leech, while having a boyfriend, riding on the back of a motorcycle.

She just wasn't that pretty....

Hell you might as well as call her a HO.....

I guess you thought JFK, Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ares, Jimmy Swaggart, Tiger Woods, and our current President are innocent too.

"Just grab 'em by the P...."! RIGHT!?

Did you see anything in my post defending what Petrino did?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoghearted

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 25, 2017, 02:14:26 pm
I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.
There is no law that requires employers to hire the MOST qualified candidate.

She met the minimum qualifications for the job. The absolute minimum. And she could be considered a 'minority' hire, being female.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

lahawg1

Quote from: hoghearted on October 25, 2017, 04:31:15 pm

She met the minimum qualifications for the job. The absolute minimum. And she could be considered a 'minority' hire, being female.

Meh, she was hired for her "special talents", we all know that

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: hoghearted on October 25, 2017, 04:31:15 pm

There are laws against hiring candidates that you are sleeping with over more qualified candidates, particularly at a public institution. 

GuvHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on October 25, 2017, 04:51:21 pm
There are laws against hiring candidates that you are sleeping with over more qualified candidates, particularly at a public institution. 

No there aren't.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hawg Marshal

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 01:56:02 pm
Yes, it's been proven wrong. The U of A was never in any danger of lawsuits.

I don't know what has or hasn't been proven wrong but I do know this, at the company I work for if someone tried to hire someone they were sleeping with as a subordinate with and got caught they would definitely be fired no matter how qualified they were for the job,  and as someone who has sat through numerous HR meetings I can tell you, you can do everything right and still have the potential for lawsuits so with a soup sandwich like the potential went way up.  If none of the candidates sues, and they could have then in 2 months when Jessica and BP had a fight she could have sued the university. No coach was going to survive that anywhere.

hoghearted

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on October 25, 2017, 05:04:57 pm
I don't know what has or hasn't been proven wrong but I do know this, at the company I work for if someone tried to hire someone they were sleeping with as a subordinate with and got caught they would definitely be fired no matter how qualified they were for the job,  and as someone who has sat through numerous HR meetings I can tell you, you can do everything right and still have the potential for lawsuits so with a soup sandwich like the potential went way up.  If none of the candidates sues, and they could have then in 2 months when Jessica and BP had a fight she could have sued the university. No coach was going to survive that anywhere.

1) Employers are entitled to make workplace rules regarding that sort of thing, and that may be the policy at your place of employment. The other candidates for the post had no legal reason for filing suit; it's not against the law to hire your side piece. But you are correct, Jessica could have caused a mountain of trouble and bad press in filing a sexual harassment charge, and it would have been difficult for Petrino (and the UA) to defend.

My issue is not with the firing. I just think arguments should be based on facts already in evidence. He embarrassed the university, and his firing was justified. People arguing against it admit that as well; they just believe it could have been handled differently. They believe there is a difference between 'can' and 'should'.

B Ray

Quote from: Dropkick on October 25, 2017, 02:48:15 pm
Look at the carroll couNty real estate transfers in May. I dOubt with the timing it has anything to do with ouR  Very possiblE opening. It wouLd however make you think they Like the area.
I see what you did there !!

snoblind

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 25, 2017, 04:01:44 pm
The sound system is awful. Way to much reverb and echo. It was very difficult to understand the announcer. The Jumbotron did not show enough football or replays. Lots of crowd shots which did not interest me. The whole presentation appeared to be directed by a person with ADHD.

It is.  What is really sad is it has improved over the past couple of years - back then we were at the point of bringing ear plugs.  That's why I don't understand anyone arguing the fan experience has improved. 

The only real improvement I see over the past, say, 5-7 years is the traffic flow.  Even that that gets screwed up once or twice a year when they try to tweak it and make it worse.  But overall, it has really improved.

MemphisBossHog

Heard Finebaum on his show today talking to someone about coaches on the hot seat in the SEC.  Said nobody has been more disappointing in the SEC than BB, but Finebaum noted that the Ark fan base didnt seem too upset about it as if to say Hog fans have lowered their expectations.  The guy he was talking to didnt seem too interested in talking about Arkansas and they moved on to Tennessee.

But it was interesting how someone outside of the state of Ark and outside of the fanbase and outside of Hogville has the opinion that yes, BB has been horrible--"SEC record has been abyssmal" in Finebaum's opinion--yet in their opinion we dont seem too upset about it and BB's seat most likely is not really that "hot."

I think Finebaum, at the risk of being laughed at by everyone on here, is right.  We have lowered our expectations. The majority of Hog fans seem to think BB is a really nice guy and everyone seems to want him to succeed.  Obviously Jeff Long LOVES BB and Arkansas has never thrown money around like other schools, so no one expects Ark to buy BB out for $15M.  So we look for ways to make it okay for BB to win 4 or 5 games in his 5th year.  Sure, some on here want BB gone right now.  I get that, but for the most part, I doubt Arkansas has the stomach to pay BB $15M over time NOT to coach and then have to put together an attractive package to get a new coach in here. Just dont think Arkansas as a program wants to win as badly as some other schools.  Thats not a knock on Ark.  Just an observation.

I heard someone describe the Tennessee situation like this.  Either Tennessee is going to continue to pay middle of the road to a little above salaries to its Head Coach and coaching staff OR they are going to get serious and start offering $6M, $7M, or $8M per year and get an elite coach.  Arkansas might have to look at this line of thinking.  They could go low and try to get a young up and coming coach that will be relatively inexpensive like Scott Frost or Mike Norvell OR they can continue to pay $3-$4M per year for mediocre to good coaches OR they can up the ante and get in the big leagues and make their guy that they want an offer that he cannot refuse.  That is what Mal Moore did at Alabama.  Moore, the Bama AD at the time, wanted Saban who was in Miami coaching the Dolphins so he went to Miami and he got his man.  He paid a ton but look at the payoff.  Arkansas is going to have to decide what route it wants to take because right now, what's going on with the program simply isnt working.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 10:18:46 am
No, Petrino only lied to Long once and he shouldn't have. As I stated, he should have been punished but not terminated.
If he lied once and was not caught, he lied many more times that he was not caught
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 04:54:07 pm
No there aren't.
I don't know if there are any such laws in Arkansas or not.  But whether there are criminal/put somebody in jail kinds of laws about this, it still opens the university to civil lawsuits.  There is no question about that.