Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The Bulls Clearly Like Bobby Portis More Than The Guy Whose Face He Broke"

Started by edemire, November 09, 2017, 08:13:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

Good recap of the Portis situation after his scintillating season debut:
https://deadspin.com/the-bulls-clearly-like-bobby-portis-more-than-the-guy-w-1820287885
This insight matters: Younger Bulls teammates "portrayed Mirotic as the aggressor, leaking to reporters that he charged Portis before getting punched."
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: edemire on November 09, 2017, 08:13:16 am
Good recap of the Portis situation after his scintillating season debut:
https://deadspin.com/the-bulls-clearly-like-bobby-portis-more-than-the-guy-w-1820287885
This insight matters: Younger Bulls teammates "portrayed Mirotic as the aggressor, leaking to reporters that he charged Portis before getting punched."

I've also read that they saw Portis reaching out with apologies and Mirotic isn't reciprocating at all. So, it seems as though the team definitely has BPs back on this.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Adam Stokes

The fallout since the incident has simply shown that Mirotic's pride got hurt more than his face.

rusvegashog

I'm happy to hear they've got Bobby P's back. Ive noticed through the years that most of the athletes/ celebrities who have been from Arkansas and made it big are well liked and respected in their chosen profession. I'm glad to see he's following suit.

edemire

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 09, 2017, 03:13:10 pm
I'm happy to hear they've got Bobby P's back. Ive noticed through the years that most of the athletes/ celebrities who have been from Arkansas and made it big are well liked and respected in their chosen profession. I'm glad to see he's following suit.

Agreed. That's definitely true for the most part, although let's not mention Alvin Robertson here... ; )
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Grumpypenguin

hawgball40

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on November 10, 2017, 11:33:50 am
It's the exact opposite on the chicago bulls subreddit. They love him there
Good to know. Reading that forum over the years since he was picked up has made me think that bulls fan are a bunch of feckless haters. they trash him no matter how he plays.

SPAL

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 10, 2017, 12:56:47 pm
Good to know. Reading that forum over the years since he was picked up has made me think that bulls fan are a bunch of feckless haters. they trash him no matter how he plays.

They would fit in well on mmqb

PorkRinds

RebHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 10, 2017, 11:16:15 am
Alot of the chicago fans don't like bobby

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=10

Damn brutal guy has 1 misstep and they are calling him pyscho...loose cannon....unstable.
Was a bulls fan during Jordan era so I liked he got drafted by them but sifting through that 32 pages garbage I wish they would trade him also.

Birminghog

Hawg Red

Another 20/10 double for Portis. 6th man of the year? He's been a man possessed since coming off suspension.

hawgball40

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 10, 2017, 09:01:33 pm
Another 20/10 double for Portis. 6th man of the year? He's been a man possessed since coming off suspension.
He lead the team in FGA's too. 7/17 from the floor. Hopefully he keeps playing at a high level. Would love to seem him win a starting job. I still think portis is capable of growing into a 1st, 2nd, 3rd option.

3kgthog

Some Bulls fans hate BP, but they accepted Dennis Rodman despite his time as a Piston and him just being really weird. Go figure.

hogwood

Birminghog

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 09, 2017, 02:14:38 pm
The fallout since the incident has simply shown that Mirotic's pride got hurt more than his face.

If Mirotic had pride he wouldn't half a$$ it on the court. When he wants to play he is an ok player. But most times he is simply a liability on the court. I never understood Forman's love for this guy. Good teams would have cut him years ago.

I'm hoping BP gets to move onto another team when this contract is up. The Bulls are badly managed and their coach is terrible.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

songofthesword

i post there.  hell i posted in that thread.

They don't hate portis.  On the sly they want to tank as bad as possible and don't want him stealing Laurfi's mintues. their hate of BP has nothing to do with bP himself

i hope to god he gets traded from that darn show of a team and their darn fans

Hawg Red

razorback1829

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 12, 2017, 01:46:28 am
17 and 6 tonight for BP. Man possessed.

Well looks like BP is gettin Mirotic out of Chicago. Haha I don't think their worried bout him coming back at all now.

hawgball40

Quote from: songofthesword on November 11, 2017, 06:42:49 pm
i post there.  hell i posted in that thread.

They don't hate portis.  On the sly they want to tank as bad as possible and don't want him stealing Laurfi's mintues. their hate of BP has nothing to do with bP himself

i hope to god he gets traded from that darn show of a team and their darn fans
bull butter. i've been reading that board since he was drafted and the hate has been pretty consistent. even when he has a good game they write it off as a fluke.