Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many more scholarships are availabale

Started by TuCanSam, January 23, 2018, 09:51:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Is greyshirting still a thing? (Postponing enrollment for 1 semester for incoming freshmen to be counted towards the next recruiting class.)

Seems like that might be an option as well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The NewEra on February 08, 2018, 09:51:02 am
According to Morris, they may sign one or even two more to this class.  That will put them at 90-91 on the cap of 85, meaning they know of five or six guys that will be leaving the program before the entire new class shows up on campus.
Between not making grades and the undesirables on the team, there will be 10% of the current players who will not be back next year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 02, 2018, 04:37:36 pm
No, HogimusMaximus is though.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Your impotent, arent you

Three and Snout

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on January 27, 2018, 08:44:26 am
The devil is in the details. The question I continue to have is whether a player can be removed from the 85-man roster, but continue to have his school paid for. Was the guarantee for the scholarship or a place on the roster? This could be treated similar to a medical hardship where school is paid for after a player's football career is over.

There is this...

15.5.1.6 Aid After Departure of Head Coach. A student-athlete who receives athletically related institutional
financial aid in subsequent academic years after the departure of a head coach from the institution is not
a counter, provided: (Adopted: 4/29/10 effective 8/1/10, Revised: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17)
(a) The student-athlete participated in the applicable sport and received athletically related institutional
      financial aid during the coach's tenure at the institution; and
(b) The student-athlete does not participate in the applicable sport during subsequent academic years at the
      institution.