Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very disappointed in Anderson coaching today...

Started by HogAllMighty, March 16, 2018, 04:22:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogAllMighty

HogAllMighty

I still support him but this is embarrassing.   He really need to do some soul searching.

RagingHawgOn

orvillesghost

No surprise

This kind of year is his ceiling..after seven years how can anyone have a doubt.

The administration nor most of our fans really care though.

hobhog

revolution

PATHETIC! He should say he's embarrassed and commit to the fans that he will get this fixed. If we don't make the Tourney next year, he's got to GO!

hogwild6700

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Hulk HOGan

I'd like a change at this point, but he's got at least two more years here.

Oliver

I don't support him but realize there is a ton more of this crap to come

JONAS

Quote from: revolution on March 16, 2018, 04:26:47 pm
PATHETIC! He should say he's embarrassed and commit to the fans that he will get this fixed. If we don't make the Tourney next year, he's got to GO!

How is he going to fix it?  He has coached this way all his life.

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm done with hogs basketball. Disappointment too regularly isn't fun.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Swinefeld

Unless he signs a monster recruiting class, I think next season is his last.  They lose a lot of experience and I don't see any game changers coming in.  With the SEC getting better, next season could get real ugly

PygmalionEffect2

Yes, I think it's Sweet Sixteen or bust for Anderson next year.

I know it's modified my behavior towards Arkansas, I hardly watched any of the games live this year.

Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.

We've reached the apathy stage, surely that new AD can recognize it.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Southern Hogspitality

BentonvilleJeff

I put this on the players and the coaches.  It's called a team game. What an absolutely horrible way for all of them to end the year. Didn't even go down with a fight. Seniors didn't play worth crap. Really the only person to show up was Hall and he couldn't beat them by himself.

rude1

Today? Where have you been? I been disappointed all season, and wasn't surprised to see it end this way today.

masbas3

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2018, 04:22:26 pm
I still support him but this is getting old.

It's taken you 7 years to to get disappointed?

pigroots

For CMA to succeed he must recruit. He's not an X and 0 coach. He needs players and our recruiting is at a 'C" level. Therefore we only improve as the players age but only to a mediocre level. This season was supposed to be the year talent and experience came together. Welp...now where do we go from here?

mykidsdad

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on March 16, 2018, 04:28:56 pm

I know it's modified my behavior towards Arkansas, I hardly watched any of the games live this year.

Don't let the door hit you.

The real Hogules

He lost what little support that I still had in him. He won't upgrade his assistants and the best players he can recruit are from in state and want to stay home. We OWE those kids a better fate than to be coached by these losers!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

alohawg

If you're not an x and o coach, then you're no coach at all, you're an overpaid cheerleader.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

elkhog

Today?  I haven't seen anything encouraging in 7 yrs.  I didn't expect to though.

At least he proved the experts right, that Arkansas would be upset by Butler. 

I'm now officially done with Anderson.  Senior team, 7 years, should have made some kind of run this year.  Done, done and done.
GO HOGS!!!

99toLife

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on March 16, 2018, 04:28:56 pm

Mike is Mike I warned the Hog nation the day he was hired. Good guy, middle of the road coach, but will never take the Hogs anywhere.

The_Iceman

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: orvillesghost on March 16, 2018, 04:24:38 pm
No surprise

This kind of year is his ceiling..after seven years how can anyone have a doubt.

The administration nor most of our fans really care though.
I think you hit on the crux of the issue in your last sentence. The type of fan I have become is much more common overall than it is here among Hogville fans. I rarely watch games any more and never attend them. Was at KY game this year and that was my first game in 8 years. What has gone on the past 20 or so seasons, compared to what I was used to from 1975 to 1997 or so, has totally turned me off. As I age, I have so many more things to take my time that I am more interested in that watching average basketball. Means next to nothing to me. I see that it is not being addressed over 2 decades and that tells me it is time to move on from it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Kevin

just don't understand why anyone is disappointed.  this is what the Anderson program does.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

riccoar

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Southern Hogspitality on March 16, 2018, 04:29:12 pm
We had the talent...

Not really. No Pg, horrible options at the 4, no bench help. All Mike's fault in year 7.

fieldturf

More like earth, wind and dumpster fire......

elkhog

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 04:32:38 pm
If you're not an x and o coach, then you're no coach at all, you're an overpaid cheerleader.

Exactly.  He's always been Nolan's shadow.  I knew he couldn't replicate him, but so many thought he could.  Many said Anderson was running the show in Nolan's last few years and those years sucked, so I was always baffled people were so high on Anderson. 
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

revolution

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 16, 2018, 04:36:12 pm
Not really. No Pg, horrible options at the 4, no bench help. All Mike's fault in year 7.
Very small team too. Not that Butler is big, but they are bigger than we are by far in top 7 players on both teams. That had a lot to do with their rebound advantage in first half of 25 to 15.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

userpick

buldozer

I like the guy but I have to admit that sucked....

buldozer

40MINSOFHELL

Hopefully they fire his ass after next season.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: userpick on March 16, 2018, 04:38:16 pm
Take away the 21-2 start and we win though
Swap head coaches and we win though. And their head coach makes less than half the salary of our head coach.

Oliver

revolution

Quote from: userpick on March 16, 2018, 04:38:16 pm
Take away the 21-2 start and we win though

Take away all the baskets they scored, and we shut them out!

This is advanced analytics.

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm skipping next year and waiting for a good coach.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

99toLife

riccoar

Quote from: elkhog on March 16, 2018, 04:37:30 pm
We should go get that rookie right now. 
Even though he's from Butler, he'd probably take it based on what we pay.

allredhog

So our new AD has walked into a situation that his quote, ""We've got to get a handle on coach contracts and the buyouts," Yurachek said. "To me, losing football games is being terminated with cause. The protection sometimes that coaches are provided within their contracts to me is ludicrous. I want to be a leader in this industry in how we write our coaches contracts moving forward so that there's not 100 percent guaranteed protection for their contracts." , is going to force some action.  And while we are at it, a new men's track coach too.  And both are likable people but that is not what they were hired for.
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

Applebottomjeans

Any chance he'll retire next year? He's pretty young

latrops

Quote from: 99toLife on March 16, 2018, 04:33:11 pm
Mike is Mike I warned the Hog nation the day he was hired. Good guy, middle of the road coach, but will never take the Hogs anywhere.

From 2003 to 2011 CMA went to the NCAAT in 6 of 8 seasons, including a Sweet 16 and an Elite 8 run. 

The problem isn't that he was hired.  The resume showed that he was a good coach and significant upgrade.  The problem is that he isn't succeeding here at the same level he did at USB and Mizzou AND that there doesn't seem to be much pressure or expectation that he does.

99toLife

Quote from: Applebottomjeans on March 16, 2018, 04:58:06 pm
Any chance he'll retire next year? He's pretty young

Why would he do that he has a good class coming in next year.  ;)

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 16, 2018, 04:31:56 pm
Don't let the door hit you.

It didn't, been gone quite a while.

I went where the peoples is.

You look kind of lonely in there.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Applebottomjeans

Anyone who says they were surprised today is lying to themselves.  This falls solely on Anderson.  Everyone knew this was a possibility but we were hoping we'd play up to our potential.  Anyone whose watched our team this year knows we're always capable of choking like today.