Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelley

Started by wpswillriseagain, November 18, 2017, 02:05:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wpswillriseagain

SIAP but apparently he is cheering the team on from the stands.

AirWarren

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on November 18, 2017, 02:05:21 pm

Ok.

HiggiePiggy

I just hope the next coach knows how to use him.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Leadbelly

That's where he needs to be!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Dr. Starcs

Keep him away from the alcohol sales

Leadbelly

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2017, 02:10:45 pm

I don't see him fitting either Norvell's or Gus' offenses'
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Leadbelly

Good for the kid for coming. Started out the week dumb, showed some good judgment at the end.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Karma on November 18, 2017, 02:40:53 pm
Good for the kid for coming. Started out the week dumb, showed some good judgment at the end.

Good judgment? I'd say poor. He went with a lukewarm ballpark frank over Chick fil a

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 02:17:00 pm

I don't see him fitting either Norvell's or Gus' offenses'

Seriously? Gus?  He fits his system perfect.  Heck he doesn't actually fit the system we have now. 

Leadbelly

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2017, 04:15:49 pm
Seriously? Gus?  He fits his system perfect.  Heck he doesn't actually fit the system we have now.

Don't see biggin in the same light as $cam or Marshall. Both ran and passed for 1000+ yds during Gus' best yrs in a P5 conf. CK not as athletic as Stidham either. Just don't see it, go sign Bohannon!

RebHog

Wow ya fits like a square peg in a round hole he is a bruiser not a mobile QB.

apcapri

Will play next week against Mizzou.

Leadbelly

Quote from: apcapri on November 18, 2017, 05:25:43 pm
Will play next week against Mizzou.

I hope not. The biggin needs some time away. Should not be allowed back until after the season. The QB is the person who holds the whole team in his hands therefore he needs to be trusted by all within the program. Dude just lost a lot of trust, let him cool his jets for the season!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 05:16:41 pm
Don't see biggin in the same light as $cam or Marshall. Both ran and passed for 1000+ yds during Gus' best yrs in a P5 conf. CK not as athletic as Stidham either. Just don't see it, go sign Bohannon!

You do realize that Kelley I believe he also runs a 4.5. That is not a qb that sits in the pocket all the time.

apcapri

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 05:51:24 pm

I hope not. The biggin needs some time away. Should not be allowed back until after the season. The QB is the person who holds the whole team in his hands therefore he needs to be trusted by all within the program. Dude just lost a lot of trust, let him cool his jets for the season!
BB said he thinks he's checked all of the boxes on the list of things he had to do so he would be back with the team Sunday.

Leadbelly

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2017, 06:01:58 pm
You do realize that Kelley I believe he also runs a 4.5. That is not a qb that sits in the pocket all the time.

Just read his measurables in a 247 article. Timed a 4.9 which is impressive for his size but still not a 4.5. I just hope we never see him in a Gus offense.

mellonhead

Leadbelly

Quote from: apcapri on November 18, 2017, 06:06:38 pm
BB said he thinks he's checked all of the boxes on the list of things he had to do so he would be back with the team Sunday.

Just saw that too. Don't agree with it but very little BB and staff does surprises me.

hogfooey

Lol, might want to recheck that
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Cinco de Hogo

You guys need to stop worrying about and poohuahing the current players.  Most of them will be back next year and playing for a new coach who will hopefully play the best most prepared players we have.  At QB in particular it will be a new deal and I hope one of them comes back and takes the job.  It doesn't matter which one it is or even if it's a JUCO the new coach brings in.

I wish all of them the best but what we need to be talking about is off-season conditioning.  We need to talk it up every day and if a player or parent reads Hogville they need to think that's all we ever talk about.  Our new coach will without a doubt have a plan for each one of them, they need to exceed that plan(or in other words put in 110%).

Carry On!

hogfooey

Quote from: hogfooey on November 18, 2017, 06:15:45 pm

Lol, might want to recheck that

I'll save you the trouble

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/cole-kelley/

"Has been clocked at 4.9 in the 40-yard dash"
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Leadbelly

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 06:17:27 pm
You guys need to stop worrying about and poohuahing the current players.  Most of them will be back next year and playing for a new coach who will hopefully play the best most prepared players we have.  At QB in particular it will be a new deal and I hope one of them comes back and takes the job.  It doesn't matter which one it is or even if it's a JUCO the new coach brings in.

I wish all of them the best but what we need to be talking about is off-season conditioning.  We need to talk it up every day and if a player or parent reads Hogville they need to think that's all we ever talk about.  Our new coach will without a doubt have a plan for each one of them, they need to exceed that plan(or in other words put in 110%).

Carry On!

Sorry Dad, I had thought this was an open forum.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 06:22:13 pm
Sorry Dad, I had thought this was an open forum.

Well it's not open to bashing players actually,

At it's not Dad, it "Yes Sir" to you son! LOL

Leadbelly

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 06:25:15 pm
Well it's not open to bashing players actually,

At it's not Dad, it "Yes Sir" to you son! LOL

Just re read my posts here. Didn't "bash" CK or anyone else. Stated measurables and my reasoning on what punishment should be doled out to him for his very public bad decision. I kinda like the kid and really don't care for the scolding, sir!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 06:39:59 pm

Just re read my posts here. Didn't "bash" CK or anyone else. Stated measurables and my reasoning on what punishment should be doled out to him for his very public bad decision. I kinda like the kid and really don't care for the scolding, sir!

Didn't say you did was merely making a statement because some post ARE borderline...or over.

That was the tone of MY post YOU quoted.

code red

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2017, 02:10:45 pm
He is nothing special.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

KlubhouseKonnected

Well if Gus is the coach he is doomed anyways. Kelly needs polishing and Gus needs another coaching staff to polish his quarterbacks for him.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 18, 2017, 07:09:44 pm
Well if Gus is the coach he is doomed anyways. Kelly needs polishing and Gus needs another coaching staff to polish his quarterbacks for him.
If Gus is it. He has an incoming Freshmen from Greenwood who runs a similar offense already.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: RD on November 18, 2017, 07:11:24 pm
If Gus is it. He has an incoming Freshmen from Greenwood who runs a similar offense already.

Is this right?  I wouldn't  think Noland does much running.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 05:51:24 pm

Why ? I think Kelley is the only really good thing we have going for us in the future on the O side of the ball. Agim made three great plays early in the game and then was held most of the rest of the game and it wasn't called a single time.  As far as the coach was concerned, he rolled down south on a high and mighty horse talking a bunch of sh#t and had only one friend in the SEC coaching fraternity, Mike Stoops. The SEC coaching fraternity was going to make damn sure Bielema wasn't going to make it. It's no great surprise that the coaches who lost to Bielema are now gone. Butch Jones, Jim McElwain, Hugh Freeze and Leslie Miles. We need to bring in a coach who walks softly and carries a big stick instead of one who can't cover the checks his behind writes.  I don't know who that is, but if we want to be successful, we'll play the coaching carousel correctly this time.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 18, 2017, 07:23:45 pm
Why ? I think Kelley is the only really good thing we have going for us in the future on the O side of the ball. Agim made three great plays early in the game and then was held most of the rest of the game and it wasn't called a single time.  As far as the coach was concerned, he rolled down south on a high and mighty horse talking a bunch of sh#t and had only one friend in the SEC coaching fraternity, Mike Stoops. The SEC coaching fraternity was going to make damn sure Bielema wasn't going to make it. It's no great surprise that the coaches who lost to Bielema are now gone. Butch Jones, Jim McElwain, Hugh Freeze and Leslie Miles. We need to bring in a coach who walks softly and carries a big stick instead of one who can't cover the checks his behind writes.  I don't know who that is, but if we want to be successful, we'll play the coaching carousel correctly this time.

One simple reason; a dui by a 19 or 20 year old kid needs to draw more punishment than a 1 game suspension. Sounds like the young man was having trouble keeping it between the lines. The lives he endangered are more important than a 1 game suspension! It's bigger than just FB

31to6

Quote from: RebHog on November 18, 2017, 05:23:02 pm
Wow ya fits like a square peg in a round hole he is a bruiser not a mobile QB.
If you spread offense and run zone read out of the pistol with him he is going to get 4 yards every time, and sometimes he will get more. TJ in motion playing Felix. Whaley and Hayden alternating at TB.

Nah, he can do just fine. And his passing game is pretty good.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 18, 2017, 04:15:49 pm
We have a system?   Looks more like a confused mess to me.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 18, 2017, 08:30:44 pm
We have a system?   Looks more like a confused mess to me.

Systematic Destructive Disorder(SDD) haven't you ever heard of it?

razorcash2

more like a 4.8

East Clintwood

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 18, 2017, 06:13:43 pm

Just read his measurables in a 247 article. Timed a 4.9 which is impressive for his size but still not a 4.5. I just hope we never see him in a Gus offense.

I hope we never see any of our players in a Gus offense.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PORKULATOR

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 02:44:33 pm
Good judgment? I'd say poor. He went with a lukewarm ballpark frank over Chick fil a
proof he's unpaid... An Auburn kid would have had the surf n turf.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Leadbelly

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 08:36:21 pm

I hope we never see any of our players in a Gus offense.

My point exactly!!

carolinahogger

I heard that he bought a hot dog.  No word for sure as to what he had on it.  I'm guessing at least mustard and onions, with a 50/50 on chili.

Hawgphat

I could very easily be mistaken, but I believe that we have at least two new freshmen QBs coming in next fall.  Depending upon who proves to be the HC for next season, depending upon the type of offense that HC prefers to operate from, and depending upon the skill sets of the complement of QBs - and their individual strengths and weaknesses -  one of them is destined to grade out a little higher than the others as they vie for the number one spot on the totem pole going into next fall..  I would sincerely doubt that the starter for next season is a foregone conclusion at this juncture, since we don't know the parameters by which they will be assessed and graded, - - - - and we don't know - as yet -  who will be on the job on the hill to do the assessing and the grading.

That's a lot of variables there.