Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen is going to get seriously hurt and.....

Started by BoarnSupremacy, October 23, 2016, 05:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoarnSupremacy

Its just a matter of time before AA gets hurt and has to miss significant time.  We have four highly rated QBs outta high school and only have one ready to play.  Its gonna bite us in the butt bigtime soon.  No excuse for it IMO.

hoglady

He may already be hurt - not convinced his knee injury is just a bruise. But I guess we'll see.
Storey looked no where near ready to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tyro3

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on October 23, 2016, 05:37:13 pm
Its just a matter of time before AA gets hurt and has to miss significant time.  We have four highly rated QBs outta high school and only have one ready to play.  Its gonna bite us in the butt bigtime soon.  No excuse for it IMO.

Yeah that QB problem was the reason we gave up 56 points!

longpig

We have one?  Who?
Don't be scared, be smart.

BoarnSupremacy

Atlhogfan1

OM have a backup ready?  How did their backups look in 2014 in RRS?  A&M have a backup ready? Tennessee?  Most any team will have a dropoff when the backup comes in.  It is about practice reps and limited college time limits backups snaps. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 23, 2016, 05:39:36 pm
He may already be hurt - not convinced his knee injury is just a bruise. But I guess we'll see.
Storey looked no where near ready to play.

I think Kelley may be the actual #2.  Didn't want to waste the RS and throw him into that fire.  May not want to vs the next two defenses either. Don't stunt his growth like we had to BA's.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

King Kong

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 05:54:36 pm
I think Kelley may be the actual #2.  Didn't want to waste the RS and throw him into that fire.  May not want to vs the next two defenses either. Don't stunt his growth like we had to BA's.

100% right on. If Allen was out for the rest of the season or multiple games Kelly would be starting

BoarnSupremacy

Point is that we had multiple chances against Alcorn State and Texas State etc. to get a backup snaps.  Didn't do it.  No the QB wasn't the reason for this blowout but it can get worse if Allen goes down.  Much worse. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on October 23, 2016, 06:29:22 pm
Point is that we had multiple chances against Alcorn State and Texas State etc. to get a backup snaps.  Didn't do it.  No the QB wasn't the reason for this blowout but it can get worse if Allen goes down.  Much worse.

I understand.  But many college coaches go with the "NFL" philosophy of leaving the starter in for some reason. It isn't unique to BB. 

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 05:54:36 pm

Late in the year to burn Kelley's redshirt - but if for some reason Allen is out for multiple games we may have to. I agree though sure would hate to see his confidence shattered against Florida or LSU - tough call.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

tophawg19

Kelley would get murdered with this o-line at 6'7 and 270 he isn't going to be mobile enough to survive . With this line we need a 6 '2 220 lb qb who runs a 3.4 , throws the ball a 120 yards off his back foot
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawkhawg

Maybe he was trying to get the starting qb snaps.

hogginbama

Alcorn State and Texas State is not going to get you ready for an SEC defense. If that was the case, then playing against our own defense in practice would prepare them for the likes of Bama, Tex A&M, LSU, etc.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Exactly.  No backup is going to be ready for SEC play, if he never gets off the bench.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 23, 2016, 07:38:26 pm

Maybe he was trying to get the starting qb snaps.

Yeah, almost got a bone snapped....

OutlawHawg

Bret just needs more time to develop depth at QB.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: King Kong on October 23, 2016, 06:06:44 pm

100% right on. If Allen was out for the rest of the season or multiple games Kelly would be starting

Doubt they will waste a redshirt year with Kelly this late, starting with the 9th game (or more) into the season.  Only 5 games left. Storey would probably have to get injured before the coaches would do that.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 06:33:33 pm
I understand.  But many college coaches go with the "NFL" philosophy of leaving the starter in for some reason. It isn't unique to BB.

Saban didn't when they blew us out. I wouldn't mind being more like Saban.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 23, 2016, 10:13:42 pm
Saban didn't when they blew us out. I wouldn't mind being more like Saban.

McCarron played till 42-0 halfway through 3rd. 

Spurrier left Shaw in through the 3rd the week before.

Backups handed off in the 4th.