Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone fired yet?

Started by checkraiser88, October 23, 2016, 04:37:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Where are the insiders on here? What's going on right now?

HOGINTENNESSEE

What is the benefit to firing someone mid season?

How is being down a full time asst with 4 conference games left a good thing?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 23, 2016, 04:37:35 pm
Where are the insiders on here? What's going on right now?

Yes, the entire coaching staff has been fired.  Jell Long announced at 2:35 this afternoon that John L. Smith has been hired and Reggie Herring will be DC.  Also, Jerry Jones will come in to handle recruiting.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Piggfoot

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 23, 2016, 04:42:21 pm
Yes, the entire coaching staff has been fired.  Jell Long announced at 2:35 this afternoon that John L. Smith has been hired and Reggie Herring will be DC.  Also, Jerry Jones will come in to handle recruiting.
Naw Naw. You only got it partly right
Archie Cooley will be the head coach and John L the OC.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 23, 2016, 04:46:55 pm

You're right.  My bad.

Jeff Long did say he was stepping down because bjbuatamu doesn't think Jeff is right for the job.
We don't rent pigs

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 23, 2016, 04:46:55 pm

Nah, Archie will be the recruiting coordinator. We'll be hitting the NFL practice squads for this year's class.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2016, 04:50:44 pm
Nah, Archie will be the recruiting coordinator. We'll be hitting the NFL practice squads for this year's class.

I don't know.  Pigffoot may be right. Sources say Tim Horton would be a great AD.
We don't rent pigs

3kgthog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 23, 2016, 04:39:50 pm

What's the benefit to keeping RS? Promote PR to DC and Bobby Allen to DBs. Done.

Tusks

You gotta be kiddin.  We're Arkansas, you can have the biggest SEC loss in school history to a team you beat the year before and you get a raise and hogville praise.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

arlhog

Most of it will never be public but I would bet the fecal matter has hit the fan today in cbb's world.  You don't get you tail handed to you like that without someone feeling some heat.  That was a humiliating game.

Hog-Corleone

LSU says hello
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

DEVIL DOG HOG

We have fired all Debbie Downers and Negative Nancy's and anyone that brings up BP!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

JOKERHOG

It is worked out pretty well for LSU
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Augustus

We should've at least tried for Gruden, IMO

Ironhawg

Come on man!  You know pressers are always at 4!  Get your head in the game!

Sir Oinksalot

....we have to "pass" her first before can know what's in it ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

RzRbAcK18

I here Houston Nutt is available

Sir Oinksalot

....to the point, I really think running what 8 times up the middle against atm kinda lost part of the team right there.  Because, sure they were tired, but had very little focus or emotion and when they started getting run, they just about quit...

Something is going on with the team, dissent or what it is, but they didn't act like true Razorbacks...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Wild Bill Hog

So upgrades are coming.  Good deal.

DoctorSusscrofa

The panic on here is palpable.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 23, 2016, 05:13:55 pm
It is worked out pretty well for LSU

Les Miles would have won even game that LSU has all season without him.

Ex-Trumpet

Sweet!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Well, many fans have said that BB would set all kinds of records here before he retired as the best coach ever to sideline the Hogs.  So far he has a couple in hand, biggest loss in our SEC history and longest losing streak in SEC history.  I feel certain there are more to come.  One I am sure he has but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  I offer that he has, if laid end to end, the longest group of crotch slurping tongues of any HC ever in Arkansas history or maybe of any coach in any SEC school ever.  I readily admit that HDN would run a close second in this department.  As in all records, he should have plenty of time to earn these records as the HC of the mighty Razorbacks.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 12247 on October 23, 2016, 08:29:36 pm
Well, many fans have said that BB would set all kinds of records here before he retired as the best coach ever to sideline the Hogs.  So far he has a couple in hand, biggest loss in our SEC history and longest losing streak in SEC history.  I feel certain there are more to come.  One I am sure he has but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  I offer that he has, if laid end to end, the longest group of crotch slurping tongues of any HC ever in Arkansas history or maybe of any coach in any SEC school ever.  I readily admit that HDN would run a close second in this department.  As in all records, he should have plenty of time to earn these records as the HC of the mighty Razorbacks.

bull
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.