Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which loss was worse in your opinion? This year vs Auburn or 2005 USC?

Started by Ben, October 23, 2016, 04:26:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which was more embarrassing to you?

2016 Auburn
2005 USC

Ben

Both were 53 point losses, but which one do you feel was worse?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

HiggiePiggy

I chose auburn. USC that year played in the national championship and only lost 1 game all season and that was to Texas in that national championship game.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoglady

Auburn - We got demolished by a conference opponent that we were ranked above.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

songofthesword

The USC lost wasn't even embarassing. They really WERE 53 points better than us lol. that was just a mismatch.

hogcard1964

Auburn

We won't bounce back from this. We flat out stunk in 05 and weren't going anywhere.  Yesterday's loss broke our back and my have severely damaged our recruiting even worse.

DeltaBoy

USC Was another HOG assistant coach giving Frank the finger for not hiring him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

3kgthog

Auburn. USC had a dream team that year and they were coached by a future Super Bowl winner. What's Auburn going to do this year except finish 3rd in the West?

Saturday's loss is the kind of loss the friends of recruits considering Arkansas will give hell to for the rest of the recruiting cycle. That's not going to win us many battles.

Chitlins

id say the auburn loss was worse...although USC actually couldve hung 100 on HDN that night.

buldozer

Having watched the hogs play ball for over half a century I can say that loss yesterday was the worse loss I have ever seen period. When the entire game is played without a single tackle made for a loss... you may as well have stayed home!

Hawghiggs

I believe that USC had to vacate that game. So by default its Auburn. But seriously. It's Auburn. We actually managed to score on USC.