Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just for fun based on someone's list of potential coaches

Started by bjbuatamu, October 23, 2016, 04:02:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bjbuatamu

I attended last night's SMU vs. Houston game here in Dallas.  Tom Herman's stock seems to be dropping, and Chad Morris still has much, much more to prove.  It sure is fun, though, to see young enthusiastic coaches like PJ Fleck doing so well and showing so much enthusiasm for his program (and Coach Morris certainly is enthusiastic about SMU football).  I know that it's Western Michigan, but if I were an AD, I'd have PJ on my watch list.  I can see young men relating to him so easily.  I don't think that there are many Nick Saban's or Urban Meyer's for hire these days, otherwise our old foes down in Austin would be opening that checkbook this afternoon.  And they just might be doing that anyway. 

Of course, this is all an athletic director's decision, and at Arkansas, I believe that we have an AD who is not the right person for the job.  This is just me, but I sure would like to see Jeff Long go and the UA hire back Tim Horton as AD.  Just my thoughts.

Go Hogs! 

Wayne Watson

An AD's job is more than football.  What else you got?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

NuttinItUp

sickboy

Every year there's a hot young couch coming up in the coaching conversations for big time jumps. 1 in 10 actually pan out. It's literally a lottery ticket.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: bjbuatamu on October 23, 2016, 04:02:11 pm

Of course, this is all an athletic director's decision, and at Arkansas, I believe that we have an AD who is not the right person for the job.  This is just me, but I sure would like to see Jeff Long go and the UA hire back Tim Horton as AD.  Just my thoughts.

Have you contacted the University with your concerns about Jell Long or are you just complaining on a message board?
We don't rent pigs

Bubba's Bruisers

Are we really doing this right now?  Discussion of a HCing change is ridiculous.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Atlhogfan1

The Arkansas coach who is going to have major success with 1 or 2 teams is going to need a freak level player we rarely get and will probably need to come from Arkansas.  Any of those in our near future?  Players like Matt Jones whose athleticism overcame talent around him or bad plays, DMac, Mallett,..?  Our oline currently has 0 starters from Arkansas.  The state is giving us almost nothing.  Agim, Brown in the next class,... rare defensive talents for this state. So whomever you would hope a new coach would be, their success is going to depend on timing as it most always does. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs