Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive Coaches Meeting Room...

Started by MrKlem10, October 23, 2016, 12:34:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

Tusks

I agree but I don't think CBB agrees its that bad.  I'm starting to see some stubbornness from CBB and he doesn't feel any heat from a 53 point beat down and record setting performance.

Losing by 53 is just part of the process for him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jlhogfan

The offense shouldn't get a pass as well.  Ok, not the firing piece, but they didn't play well either

Tusks

Quote from: jlhogfan on October 23, 2016, 12:39:36 pm
The offense shouldn't get a pass as well

Yeah but the offense didn't set any records last night like the D did.

Da Caveman

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 12:38:12 pm
I agree but I don't think CBB agrees its that bad.  I'm starting to see some stubbornness from CBB and he doesn't feel any heat from a 53 point beat down and record setting performance.

He's laughing from the presser all the way to the bank.
If you never threw your pitcher of beer under the table at the Hog Trough because somebody yelled "ABC" - - you're just a wannabe.

grayhawg

Losing by 53 is never "part of the process" I would not want any part of coach's meeting with assistants today.

Tusks

Quote from: Da Caveman on October 23, 2016, 12:49:48 pm
He's laughing from the presser all the way to the bank.

Yeah I really don't think he feels like 'holy shite, my arse is on the line here'   I think it's 'oh well, we gotta stay to the process and work on it' 

Hawgphish

if that is the best 11 we can put out on defense, think about how bad the 35 other defensive scholarship players are standing on the sideline. 

hawgmasta

The part about last night that really worries me is the D-line. We have some talented guys with great offer lists who have been in the program for years (sans Agim but he's a top 20 overall nationally talented guy). But they were just getting out schemed and manhandled. They seem like they don't know what to do or even worse they don't care because their coaching staff doesn't instill confidence in them.

tophawg19

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 12:53:57 pm
Yeah I really don't think he feels like 'holy shite, my arse is on the line here'   I think it's 'oh well, we gotta stay to the process and work on it' 
I'D RATHER HE STAY THE PROCESS OF FIXING THE PROBLEMS AND TAKE THE STEPS NEEDED INSTEAD OF A FULL BLOWN PANIC LIKE MOST OF THE FANS ARE DOING NOW AND DID THE FIRST HALF OF LAST YEAR
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

grayhawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 23, 2016, 01:09:44 pm
I'D RATHER HE STAY THE PROCESS OF FIXING THE PROBLEMS AND TAKE THE STEPS NEEDED INSTEAD OF A FULL BLOWN PANIC LIKE MOST OF THE FANS ARE DOING NOW AND DID THE FIRST HALF OF LAST YEAR
Yeah and seems like it's always the same guys wanting to fire the coaches after every loss, blow out or not.

SpeedyHog

I disagree.
Call Me Trumpton.

HF#1

Name one person on the defense that is a 1st or 2nd round draft pick right now.  That is our problem. We don't even have one.  Alabama, Auburn, A&M, Florida, all have 2 or 3 or 5 or 7
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Locutus_of_Boar

One thing is for sure CBB won't act panicked the week after a 53 point loss but he has shown that he will change assistants at season's end.  I'd suggest waiting till January and see what the staff looks like at that time.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HF#1 on October 23, 2016, 02:11:10 pm
Name one person on the defense that is a 1st or 2nd round draft pick right now.  That is our problem. We don't even have one.  Alabama, Auburn, A&M, Florida, all have 2 or 3 or 5 or 7

Wise shoulda went last year. I'm not even sure we will have a player from the defensive side drafted in the top 4 or 5 rounds.

HF#1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 23, 2016, 02:17:05 pm
Wise shoulda went last year. I'm not even sure we will have a player from the defensive side drafted in the top 4 or 5 rounds.

Exactly. That is the short, sweet, and easy way to summarize what is wrong with the defense. Agim is the only kid on the 2 deep with the POTENTIAL to reach that level.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Chitlins

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 23, 2016, 01:09:44 pm
is it just me or is a 53 point a$$ kicking,  on ESPN prime time no less,  not bad enough for you sunshine pumpers?

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: hogz11 on October 23, 2016, 02:20:34 pm
Only FCS teams get beat like that unless you are playing a top level elite team like Alabama. Worst loss I can remember. USC and Bama were worse scores but those were elite teams and one year was a rebuilding year. Last night was neither. Losses like that can only point to coaching. We all see the talent on the team and it is experienced talent at that. Juniors and seniors everywhere on the team.

I am no happier than you, but FSU was beat 63-20 earlier this year, and it could have been worse.  Changes need to be made, but sometimes you run into a buzz saw.

EFBAB

pfrg999

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on October 23, 2016, 03:39:17 pm
I am no happier than you, but FSU was beat 63-20 earlier this year, and it could have been worse.  Changes need to be made, but sometimes you run into a buzz saw.

EFBAB

Wow who beat FSU that bad...  LMAO
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hobhog

Quote from: Chitlins on October 23, 2016, 02:19:59 pm
is it just me or is a 53 point a$$ kicking,  on ESPN prime time no less,  not bad enough for you sunshine pumpers?

Feel better?

What would you do coach? Fire everybody? Start over? Cry? Quit? Let's hear it.