Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are Iowa......

Started by Tweeter, October 23, 2016, 11:27:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

That's what I feel that BB has being like.  Mediocre for most of the time with a good year every so often.

Tusks

Well that means the hogs should have a rose bowl in their future and sorry but I just don't see it.  Not ever under him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Iceman

As long as 5 other SEC West teams consistently bring in the top recruiting classes in the country, particularly on defense, we aren't going to be much more than a 7-8 win team with a 9 or 10 sprinkled in every so often. But that's Arkansas and that's what we've been the last 30 years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Tweeter on October 23, 2016, 11:27:09 am
That's what I feel that BB has being like.  Mediocre for most of the time with a good year every so often.

When is the "good year" coming?

Tusks

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2016, 11:41:52 am
As long as 5 other SEC West teams consistently bring in the top recruiting classes in the country, particularly on defense, we aren't going to be much more than a 7-8 win team with a 9 or 10 sprinkled in every so often. But that's Arkansas and that's what we've been the last 30 years.

I don't see CBB sprinkling in a 10 win season while HC of the Hogs.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Tweeter on October 23, 2016, 11:27:09 am

You do realize that Arkansas has been this way for a few decades now right?  We have a great season or two followed by some mediocre or worse. It's been that way for a very long time now. 

After awhile fans start to get used to the mediocre until a great coach again and shows the fan base that it can be really good.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Tusks

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 23, 2016, 12:19:18 pm
You do realize that Arkansas has been this way for a few decades now right?  We have a great season or two followed by some mediocre or worse. It's been that way for a very long time now. 

After awhile fans start to get used to the mediocre until a great coach again and shows the fan base that it can be really good.

So we can count on a 10 win regular season from CBB in 17 or 18 right?

I don't see it but JL has sold so much BS to the fans and program I'm starting to not be able to taste the difference.

The_Iceman

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:45:42 am
I don't see CBB sprinkling in a 10 win season while HC of the Hogs.

Is that because of Bielema, or because we face on average 6.5 ranked teams a year...up from 3 when Nutt was here?

impact

I guess we could be South Carolina. Packed stadium, check. Hire big name coaches, Holtz, Spurrier, check. Lose and watch your neighbor Clemson win while you suffer in the SEC. Check.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

Sed76

Hell, Iowa was a few plays away from the 4 team playoff last year so at least they were close.

Ben

Just going by our overall history, we have a 58.8% win pct overall. in a 12 game regular season, that translates to an annual average of 7 wins every regular season. with a bowl game, that's a balance between 7-8 wins a season.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.