Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happen to the DLine?

Started by doc53, October 23, 2016, 09:45:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doc53

What happened to our vaunted 2-deep defensive line? ???
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

lamont7906

Over hyped like most of the positions before the year. TRUTH be told we got exposed, yea the team was tired but you could see the writing on the wall in other games before this game.

jjdlc

This more than anything is frustrating the heck out of me.  The D-Line is the one place where we have tons of "stars",  kids that should be performing as well as anyone, and they are not.  There is a clear coaching/scheme problem going on here.

Youngsta71701

The main problem I see with the D-line is alignment. At least 1 or both of our DE's are constantly lined up straight across from the tackle instead of the outside shoulder. Which in turn makes it hard for the DE's to set the edge. And to make matters worst our DE's tend to get a little nosy at times like they are going to make the tackle on the inside run which rarely happens. Our DE's need to line up outside the tackles and stay outside the tackles. I guarantee you that one little adjustment will make our run defense and pass rush so much better. Go back and watch the film or replays of the games and see what I'm talking about. It happened over and over again last night. Not to mention we should have brought extra people in the box when we seen we couldn't stop their running game with our front and linebackers.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

jjdlc

No, argument here.  I don't get it.

Tusks

They are playing out of position.  Meaning Agim should be an DE and if the horses that are DT are too fat to play then trim them down.

They have been gashed all year and gotten little or no push up the middle.

They gave up a jet sweep for 78 yards on the first play of the game.  Really?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hobhog

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:00:30 am
They are playing out of position.  Meaning Agim should be an DE and if the horse that are DT are too fat to play then trim them down.

Our DEs have disappeared. Not getting beat but just not there......can't set the edge and have been non existent in backfield.

Danny J

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:00:30 am
They are playing out of position.  Meaning Agim should be an DE and if the horses that are DT are too fat to play then trim them down.

Too fat/big equals slow which equates to disaster against teams that can run side to side with lots of speed or have a mobile qb. That alone is why I think we can play with UF and LSU and will struggle with MSU.

I would reassign Segrest and send a message to the players this will not stand. That changes will be made.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2016, 10:44:39 am
The main problem I see with the D-line is alignment. At least 1 or both of our DE's are constantly lined up straight across from the tackle instead of the outside shoulder. Which in turn makes it hard for the DE's to set the edge. And to make matters worst our DE's tend to get a little nosy at times like they are going to make the tackle on the inside run which rarely happens. Our DE's need to line up outside the tackles and stay outside the tackles. I guarantee you that one little adjustment will make our run defense and pass rush so much better. Go back and watch the film or replays of the games and see what I'm talking about. It happened over and over again last night. Not to mention we should have brought extra people in the box when we seen we couldn't stop their running game with our front and linebackers.
This would be my starting defensive line on 1st and 2nd down. Then what I would do on 3rd down would depend on the down and distance.

DE- Wise 6-5 271 or
       Agim 6-3 289
DT- Jackson 6-2 335
DT- Capps 6-4 309
DE- Ledbetter 6-3 280 or Agim 6-3 289

The assignments would be as I posted above. I would ask my DT's to use their hands to control anything coming through the A gaps. If you need an example try to copy Alabama's technique's. They control the A gaps better than anyone.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2016, 10:44:39 am

This is the exact adjustment they made against Tenner last year. The result was they shut Hurd down the rest of the game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Danny J on October 23, 2016, 11:17:40 am
Too fat/big equals slow which equates to disaster against teams that can run side to side with lots of speed or have a mobile qb. That alone is why I think we can play with UF and LSU and will struggle with MSU.

I would reassign Segrest and send a message to the players this will not stand. That changes will be made.
We just need the two fat boys to control the A gaps. Anything up the middle. The DE's, the outside linebackers, and corners need to control anything going outside.

rickfahr

Oh, make no mistake, we have depth on the D-Line. They're just all weak and slow, and they tackle poorly, if at all.

jm

Quote from: rickfahr on October 23, 2016, 11:48:14 am
Oh, make no mistake, we have depth on the D-Line. They're just all weak and slow, and they tackle poorly, if at all.

They would have to get their hands on someone to tackle poorly.