Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema has become a ...

Started by Iwastherein1969, October 23, 2016, 09:33:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

Quote from: KCHogsFan on October 23, 2016, 12:20:31 pm
Exactly, happens to the best of teams (even Bama will fall at some point), even in the NFL! Too many people are letting their emotions get the best of them right now.

Not a bad game. The worst game we've historically ever played against an SEC opponent.

plumbhog

To me last night's effort looked like a team that was tired, battered, bruised, left it all on the field the previous week and overdue for a break. If that was the case, we should rest up heal some wounds come back and run the table. This is how I expect to see this team respond. I just can't imagine any way possible that coaching was the cause of last night's disaster. We shall see.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

KCHogsFan

Quote from: WorfHog on October 23, 2016, 12:43:26 pm
Not a bad game. The worst game we've historically ever played against an SEC opponent.

Still doesnt mean that people should be saying some of what has been said on here. Im actually a positive fan, so im hoping this will be a huge shot in the arm and learning experience for them, so they would NOT let this happen ever again. However most of you are ready to give up on your team amd HC ove this one game. Smh

The real Hogules

In one episode of Being Bret Beliema, coach Beliema said that he doesn't hire friend, because he might have to fire them. I guess we'll see if he makes changes at this seasons end. If not and next year isn't any better, then it might be time to move on from CBB.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Mr. Porkleone

What's this about CBB sleeping in meeting? Did I read that right

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 23, 2016, 12:52:24 pm

If its on the internet it has to be true.

jgphillips3

I personally believe Bielema gets to coach next year no matter what happens.  There is zero chance of him being fired and I am fine with that IF he remedies the defensive scheme issues and the o-line next year.  If we aren't more competitive next year and are still suffering humiliating losses, his seat will be white hot by 2018 and that could be his final year.  Basically, he has next year to fix it and 2018 to prove it...or not.

Laughing Hog

"the contract's buyout terms are extremely friendly to Bielema, who would be owed $15.4 million if he's fired any time before 2018 and a minimum of $7.9 million if if he's fired any time before 2020. But Bielema would only owe Arkansas $4 million if he leaves in 2015 and would owe progressively less over the course of the contract down to only $500,000 on Jan. 1, 2019."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arkansas-gives-bret-bielema-raise-extension-through-2020/
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

farmhawg

He fell asleep in film, no big deal.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: farmhawg on October 23, 2016, 01:29:51 pm
Can you see Nick Saban (a man almost 20 years Bielema's elder) falling asleep during film ?  If so, well, I'll say it's okay.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Laughing Hog on October 23, 2016, 01:27:00 pm
"the contract's buyout terms are extremely friendly to Bielema, who would be owed $15.4 million if he's fired any time before 2018 and a minimum of $7.9 million if if he's fired any time before 2020. But Bielema would only owe Arkansas $4 million if he leaves in 2015 and would owe progressively less over the course of the contract down to only $500,000 on Jan. 1, 2019."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arkansas-gives-bret-bielema-raise-extension-through-2020/

What will happen.  He will leave.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rude1

This is sickening every time I am reminded of it. Simply the dumbest and worst contract any AD could enter into with a coach who has accomplished nothing in his current position. I have no clue what JL was thinking. Now I could understand if he believed in CBB that much and was wanting to lock him down, but in any partnership the other person should be just as agreeable that we are in this together, thus an equal buyout on his part. CBB basically set himself up in a no lose situation, win big and could easily slide out to a bigger program with a tiny buyout, not win and still make tons of money just to go away.

LZH

Quote from: farmhawg on October 23, 2016, 01:29:51 pm

If a player or one of his assistant coaches fell asleep during a film session do you think he would have laughed it off?

Redhogs

dang...lots of trips and cowboy boots in his future......
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

farmhawg

Quote from: LZH on October 23, 2016, 01:51:07 pm
If a player or one of his assistant coaches fell asleep during a film session do you think he would have laughed it off?
You can't expect them to prepare every minute, naps are needed.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hoghearted

Morgan disclosed it in an interview.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hawg IQ

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 23, 2016, 10:10:04 am
No let's not stick it out a few more years. He's in his 4th year. No excuses for the problems that are there.

Okay fire the coach and bring in some genius coach that was born to save Arkansas.  He has to recruit players lets say, it would take three to four years to build a team.  Okay a better scheme offense and defense along with hiring perfect assistants that won't leave for other programs ??
and plan B would be if this genius doesn't work, well just fire him and hire somebody better. NO, that's not the real world.

I say stick with Bret, BUT, he has to recruit better and get better Oline, dline coaches.

The one thing I saw missing was defense had no fight last night. On offense A Allen may be one of the best qbs ever, but needs more than a second and half to throw.
go hogs go !

clutch

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 23, 2016, 11:36:12 am
I would have cut the losses and moved on a long time ago.  But of course I would not have hired him in the first place.  We look two big and two slow - kend of like brett himself.  We look like a middle of the pack big tin team which is what he coached at wisky.  Mich and TOSU were down and out when he "won" there.  Jeff LOng got played and many of us knew it at the time

I sure hope this was typed on a phone.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 11:12:14 am
It's funny watching everyone melt. The day we fired Petrino we said to the world we weren't committed to winning. Bret will be here a few more years - enjoy the Liberty or Texas bowls they can be fun.

Not sure what people expected from a guy that runs a vanilla offense, can't recruit, and lost almost all his big games at Wisconsin.

Before last night we had the SEC leader in both Passing and Rushing yards.

LZH

Quote from: farmhawg on October 23, 2016, 03:03:35 pm
You can't expect them to prepare every minute, naps are needed.....

I see your point.... I'm pretty sleepy myself.

chortle

I said the day he was hired he would be the next HDN. I stand by that.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: chortle on October 23, 2016, 05:00:02 pm
I said the day he was hired he would be the next HDN. I stand by that.

You have been shown somewhat wrong to this point.  But some seem to practice selective memory to what Nutt was. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 05:02:10 pm
You have been shown somewhat wrong to this point.  But some seem to practice selective memory to what Nutt was. 
There are some similarities. Beating a ranked Ole Miss team in excellent fashion only to get blown out by 50 points to a seemingly average conference foe the following week. Very Houston Nutt like.

To follow it up? Won't surprise me if we beat Florida. Nutts teams were similar to these type of antics.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2016, 05:05:26 pm
There are some similarities. Beating a ranked Ole Miss team in excellent fashion only to get blown out by 50 points to a seemingly average conference foe the following week. Very Houston Nutt like.

To follow it up? Won't surprise me if we beat Florida. Nutts teams were similar to these type of antics.

Nutt's teams couldn't win in October for years.  His qb development was horrendous.  Remember how we used TE's in Nuttball?  Jason Peters.  Then the off the field treatment of people, players and some coaches especially the scapegoat OC's he hired and fired when necessary to move on.  He blamed two years of losing on one recruit going to A&M due to NCAA rumors.  Do I need to go on?  None of this is Bielema so far.  If you want to talk about inconsistency, ok.  Competition is a little higher right now however. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 05:09:21 pm
Nutt's teams couldn't win in October for years.  His qb development was horrendous.  Remember how we used TE's in Nuttball?  Jason Peters.  Then the off the field treatment of people, players and some coaches especially the scapegoat OC's he hired and fired when necessary to move on.  He blamed two years of losing on one recruit going to A&M due to NCAA rumors.  Do I need to go on?  None of this is Bielema so far.  If you want to talk about inconsistency, ok.  Competition is a little higher right now however. 
I understand. I said there were similarities not exactly the same. Yes inconsistencies...this two game stretch is eerily similar.

Like I said I won't be surprised if we beat Florida by 3 scores...and then lose out for the regular season. It'll be something weird like that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PossumFan

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 11:12:14 am
The day we fired Petrino we said to the world we weren't committed to winning.

Nope, that's not at all what we were saying. But I guess folks who think anything goes as long as the team is winning will never be convinced. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 05:02:10 pm

+1000

Nutt was actually a bit better.  Not much, but he was.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 23, 2016, 09:47:45 am
It was one game.  Everybody has a bad game from time to time.

Actually that is not what is bothering most people.  What's bothering people is the direction - or lack thereof -the program seems to be going.