Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville makes it hard to support the team

Started by al_pigcino, October 23, 2016, 08:59:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

al_pigcino

With such bad fans. Go hogs anyway. I'd watch an 0-12 hog team in a dirt field.

You could even tell the difference in atmosphere. Ole Miss game was loud on the first series then every 3rd down. Auburn was loud the entire game. They stood behind a coach everyone predicted would be on the hot seat. Maybe some of you could learn a bit......

poloprince

October 23, 2016, 09:06:18 am #1 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:36:41 pm by poloprince
Hey man it's fine if you accept yesterday's beating, but don't try to convince others that losing by 50+ and giving up 500+ yards on the ground is acceptable by any stretch of the imagintation.
$PoLoPrInCe$

goodguytex

Danny J

Quote from: poloprince on October 23, 2016, 09:06:18 am
Hey man it's fine if you accept yesterday's beating, but don't try to convince others that losing by 50+ and giving up 500+ yards in the ground is acceptable by any stretch of the imagintation.

longpig

Quote from: al_pigcino on October 23, 2016, 08:59:57 am

You could even tell the difference in atmosphere. Ole Miss game was loud on the first series then every 3rd down. Auburn was loud the entire game. They stood behind a coach everyone predicted would be on the hot seat. Maybe some of you could learn a bit......

Fans tend to be that way when the home team is destroying good competition.  Jordan-Hare empties when the game becomes a lost cause, just like everyone else's place. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

NorCalRazorback

Hey man it's fine if you accept yesterday's beating, but don't try to convince others that losing by 50+ and giving up 500+ yards in the ground is acceptable by any stretch of the imagintation.

AMEN
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Hogsmo Kramer

They did not stand behind Gus, you're delusional.

Many of them were calling for his head just a couple weeks ago and considered him on the "hot seat".

GTHO of here with that nonsense. We just gave up 544 yards rushing...rushing...rushing! We just gave up 7 TD's and 9.5 yrds. per carry rushing...rushing...RUSHING!

We got beat to a pulp by a barely ranked Auburn team and I guarantee you if we did that to Auburn last night those "loyal" fans you claim they have would be in a fire frenzy. Fact.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

rude1

For some competing and winning isn't the top priority, it is more about just the event itself, and that is fine. Just don't think you define what being a fan is all about, some aren't just satisfied with partaking of the event, the outcome matters to them.

farmhawg

What a poor fan you must be by allowing people on here to influence your fandom.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BassinHawg

Yeah, Hogville not Setting the Edge. Shame on us!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

EastArkHog 47

Why sure, we should be so happy losing by 53 points it could have been more, its not all about winning just think about all this team learned by getting the crap kicked out of them. But they had a safe flight and I'm sure a nice place to stay and a good pregame meal, so they were properly cared for, properly fed and left pretty much dead. The Hogs were a perfect imitation of a good football team, they ran out on the field well, uniforms were clean at the beginning and the coaches were well dressed and were well mannered, after getting the crap kicked out of them they shook hands with the guys that did the kicking and I'm sure the tigers apologized for hurting our QB. So just for you Mr. "Hogville makes it hard to support this team" just want you to know I do support this team and reading the sports page this morning it was great to see how easy we took it on the home team and let them do what they wanted. Sportsmanship and integrity I love it.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LZH

Did you travel to Auburn yesterday, Mr. Superfan?

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

KCHogsFan

One of the players on the team is my brother in law (by way of his sister, who traveled a long ways to the Auburn game) who also plays on defense. When your team has a setback like this, you still SUPPORT! If we were that mediocre we would have lost to more than just 3 very good teams of Bama, A&M, and Auburn! Maybe this is a shot in the arm that will A) Get the central office to wake up and realoze we need a Defensive and an O-Line coaching change. And B) Sometimes it takes a bad loss like this to bring more motivation and resiliency that they thought they previously had, only to realize they didnt have enough of it. No, we should not accept play like this but this is still one of the better seasons we have had in a while with still games to go.

Knot2brite

You have to take message boards for what they are....they are just a place for people who like a team to blow off steam and talk out their asses. 99% of US have no idea what is going on with the team from week to week and the 1% that do know aren't saying anything. The truth is that message boards are just a time killer. None of us are going to solve the team, coaches or worlds problems. All we are doing is venting out frustrations or showing our pride about the team. When people actually start taking the stuff that is said on message boards serious...then it is time to back off and not visit them for a while...not trying to tell you what to do but just giving an observation
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BDSCT51

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 23, 2016, 12:25:39 pm
You have to take message boards for what they are....they are just a place for people who like a team to blow off steam and talk out their asses. 99% of US have no idea what is going on with the team from week to week and the 1% that do know aren't saying anything. The truth is that message boards are just a time killer. None of us are going to solve the team, coaches or worlds problems. All we are doing is venting out frustrations or showing our pride about the team. When people actually start taking the stuff that is said on message boards serious...then it is time to back off and not visit them for a while...not trying to tell you what to do but just giving an observation

^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^
Bleeding Razorback Red

WorfHog

Are CBB and CRS part of that 99%?

Lanny

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 23, 2016, 09:15:25 am
Hogville has nothing to do with it.
^^

If you're happy or unhappy with the games, you have to right to voice your opinion at Hogville
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Sed76

No one forces you to come here after a win or loss. I knew better to stay away last night because it would be bad. Sure some posts are absolutely ridiculous but that is to be expected after an epic beat down. The Ohio State board was probably melting down last night after getting beat by Penn State. It's how fans voice their opinions. 

Hogs-n-Roses

This is what Hogville was built on. Fans having a place to go and voice their opinions in face of what was being dealt out out there in the mainstream.

Each fan has the right to express their opinion. We've all earned that as followers of our team. Some of donate of have donated in the past and if we stop it makes us no more or less of a fan. Some go to the games. If we stop its not cause we love our team any less, its personal for everyone what they do with their money. I, for decades traveled to 8-11 games a year. All SWC, SEC, venues and many outside. That makes me no more of a fan than the guy in Eudora who has rabbit ears on his black n white tv. He'd give any thing just to go to one game and wouldn't care if its alcorn state or Alabama.

We all have the right to come on here and voice what we see. I see one thing and many on here spin it another way, then some one else spins it in another direction. Some have agendas, some don't. None of that matters.

IMO, this has been a horrible 3 3/4 year experiment. It is not coach B's fault. The SEC is a different monster. I hold his boss, Jeff Long accountable as well as the board of trustees and University president and chancellor for allowing this contract to be negociated. And yes for the firing of our previous coach. This is Jeff and hiss bosses mess.

And you say" Mess" its no mess, its this or that or we 've been ranked all year, or its Bobby's fault, or its the SEC, or its .....You have the right to that opinion. Mine is different. 8-20. Losses to Toledo, ULM. 500 yards rushing given up to Gus. 500 + yards passing to Miss. State. 5 in a row to A$M, 11 to Bama,4 to Miss State.

Fire Jeff Long today. Hire a new AD to come in here and hire a big name, open the checkbook and hire him and an all star cast of assisstants. The kids/athletes will pour into Fayetteville.

sickboy

I mean... it's a message board. It's an anonymous place for obsessive compulsive people to say all the stupid things in their head without recourse. It's a vague barometer for sanity, at best. At worst, it is a shinning light on our collective IQ.

Long story short -- if you go to Hogville after a loss then you're going to have a bad time.

al_pigcino

It had nothing to do with just THIS loss.....its razorback fans in general. Facebook hog groups are the same. Hogville just centralized it. We dont have a very good fan base.  Our fans seem to feed every stereotype of Arkansas. Unfortunately the worst ones are the most vocal. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: goodguytex on October 23, 2016, 09:08:47 am
Poor mods having to deal with this mess...

Fortunately it's indefensible and they're not really trying.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgphish

Liberals favor free speech as long as they agree with the speech. 

gchamblee

This is a very intelligent post

ICEman

Quote from: KCHogsFan on October 23, 2016, 11:57:31 am
One of the players on the team is my brother in law (by way of his sister, who traveled a long ways to the Auburn game) who also plays on defense. When your team has a setback like this, you still SUPPORT! If we were that mediocre we would have lost to more than just 3 very good teams of Bama, A&M, and Auburn! Maybe this is a shot in the arm that will A) Get the central office to wake up and realoze we need a Defensive and an O-Line coaching change. And B) Sometimes it takes a bad loss like this to bring more motivation and resiliency that they thought they previously had, only to realize they didnt have enough of it. No, we should not accept play like this but this is still one of the better seasons we have had in a while with still games to go.
It is fun to ride on a roller coaster but not to live on one.  The fans grow restless when we have these it seems 'once a year' resets.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

ICEman

Quote from: KCHogsFan on October 23, 2016, 11:57:31 am
It is fun to ride on a roller coaster but not to live on one.  The fans grow restless when we have these it seems 'once a year' resets.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TuskFexas

Being mad as hell about that game, wanting coordinator changes, or a head coach change and supporting the Hogs are not mutually exclusive of each other.

The smoker I drink, the player I get!

joeyself

Quote from: sickboy on October 23, 2016, 01:33:38 pm
I mean... it's a message board. It's an anonymous place for obsessive compulsive people to say all the stupid things in their head without recourse.

Yeah, that's something I don't like about BBs--the anonymous nature of it. I am who I say I am in my name here and wish more would do the same, if not in their board name, at least in their signature.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Redhogs

Quote from: al_pigcino on October 23, 2016, 02:27:39 pm
It had nothing to do with just THIS loss.....its razorback fans in general. Facebook hog groups are the same. Hogville just centralized it. We dont have a very good fan base.  Our fans seem to feed every stereotype of Arkansas. Unfortunately the worst ones are the most vocal.
God you're an idiot. Turn on Finebaum for 5 minutes and you will find that in general our fan base is more tolerant of failure than most unfortunately...get a freaking grip.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RME

Quote from: al_pigcino on October 23, 2016, 02:27:39 pm

Heyyyyy if only there were a simple solution that could solve all of your problems