Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

like the old ball coach said........

Started by Tweeter, October 23, 2016, 08:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

We are going to have to recruit our way out of this.........also with a few coaching changes. 

Sed76

Didn't he say that during Bielema's first year? Here we are in year 4 and it's the same old stuff. If he hasn't recruited his way out of it by now odds are pretty good it's not going to suddenly happen.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Tweeter on October 23, 2016, 08:58:28 am
We are going to have to recruit our way out of this.........also with a few coaching changes.

He also said its time for me to walk away
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Tusks

Yeah this is a coaching issue not a recruiting issue.  Losing to Bama MIGHT be a recruiting issue.  Losing to Auburn by 53 and giving them records in a coaches 4th season is a COACHING issue.

Didn't the hogs beat this team last year?  Did they recruit a 53 point better team in one season.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jm

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:20:27 am
Yeah this is a coaching issue not a recruiting issue.  Losing to Bama MIGHT be a recruiting issue.  Losing to Auburn by 53 and giving them records in a coaches 4th season is a COACHING issue.

Didn't the hogs beat this team last year?  Did they recruit a 53 point better team in one season.

Bingo

Sooie71923

Can't coach speed. Can't coach aggression. Can't coach intelligence.

If the players that play the game on the field don't execute their assignments what difference does the coaching make?

arlhog

You can say what you want an I might get banded for this but the team in red last night quit.  Not sure if it's a one time thing or not but they did.  Things didn't set up well for us before the game but we got smacked in the mouth and layed down.  If cbb doesn't fix it fast it's going to get a lot worse than this.

Pig In The City

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:20:27 am

BOOM! Enuf said!

Tusks

Evidently the hogs lost the game when the barners taunted them on the field before the game.

Thats sad.

hogcard1964

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:34:15 am

Evidently the hogs lost the game when the barners taunted them on the field before the game.

Thats sad.

What does this mean?

5HOG5

Quote from: arlhog on October 23, 2016, 11:32:10 am
You can say what you want an I might get banded for this but the team in red last night quit.  Not sure if it's a one time thing or not but they did.  Things didn't set up well for us before the game but we got smacked in the mouth and layed down.  If cbb doesn't fix it fast it's going to get a lot worse than this.

Its not the first time this season the hogs have quit in a game. Its coming to a point to be in every game and something has got to be done about it quick!

Pig In The City

Quote from: Sooie71923 on October 23, 2016, 11:25:36 am

If the players that play the game on the field don't execute their assignments what difference does the coaching make?

100% disagree. No you can't teach speed but you can teach players to be where they are supposed to be, take proper angles and rap up.

You can teach aggression. You can tell a player if he doesn't want to compete he can pay for his own education. Wearing the red is a privilege and you earn it every game.

Tusks

longpig

Quote from: 5HOG5 on October 23, 2016, 11:41:42 am
Its not the first time this season the hogs have quit in a game. Its coming to a point to be in every game and something has got to be done about it quick!

Maybe, maybe not.  Either way, quitting starts with the leadership on the field.  I'm not sure who the leaders are on defense, but the offense has plenty.  There's a changing of the guard on defense next season, maybe some new leadership will emerge.
Don't be scared, be smart.

tlmack

Scholarships are one year contracts. A coach can't pull one mid year unless the player becomes in eligible, quit the team or lie on an university document. Talk about knee jerk reactions !Sheez

tlmack

Redhogs

Quote from: Sooie71923 on October 23, 2016, 11:25:36 am

But said coach has recruited these guys for the last 4 years....correct? It's like he built the business and the business just went bankrupt. It all comes back to the leader...correct?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?