Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A loss like that is a program killer

Started by VHog9, October 23, 2016, 08:10:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHog9

It's embarrassing, to just get destroyed like that by a mediocre Auburn team on national, prime time TV.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Not good but people have short memories. Win the next couple and things will be better

VHog9

Any recruit that watched that game just changed their mind. 535 rushing yards given up, Burt looks like a lost bafoon on the sidelines, and the team just gave up. They quit on Burt.

Seebs

Or .. or . .an opportunity to play early. This is a golden opportunity.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

sigpooie

Maybe he should have walked the team by the urinals to show them where the season is headed if they don't get fired up. This is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: VHog9 on October 23, 2016, 08:10:53 am
It's embarrassing, to just get destroyed like that by a mediocre Auburn team on national, prime time TV.

Well I don't think they are mediocre, but you are absolutely correct - losses like that make high school kids laugh and say, "No Way" and we get more 2 stars and 3 stars.  there has to be change.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Randy Johnson

Every time we see light at the end of the tunnel...

Torqued pork

I can't even remember any of the great wishbone teams of the 1970's compiling rushing stats that impressive. Our lack of athleticism on defense was made worse by our lack of interest. It was sickening to watch.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Randy Johnson on October 23, 2016, 08:34:13 am

It's a train coming down the tracks at us...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 23, 2016, 08:41:12 am
I can't even remember any of the great wishbone teams of the 1970's compiling rushing stats that impressive. Our lack of athleticism on defense was made worse by our lack of interest. It was sickening to watch.

I believe we are athletic.  But fundamentals are being skipped over.  I see it in Texas HS football on a weekly basis (one of our big recruiting bases).  So many schools are playing like Big 12 schools and defensive fundamentals are suffering.  Texas lands 5* recruits--and they tackle worse than us.  It's not athleticism!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Seebs on October 23, 2016, 08:29:25 am
Or .. or . .an opportunity to play early. This is a golden opportunity.   

This is our calling card every year.  Yet here we are again.  Every year.  The kind of talent we need can play early at most places. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoghearted

Quote from: Randy Johnson on October 23, 2016, 08:34:13 am

It turns out to be a train
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Carl Lazlo

What recruit would want to play for a coach that flat out lies?  Reporter "How's Austin's leg?"  CBB "he's fine. Got stepped on and there is a bruise.."

Bull darn

razorsharptusk

Coach B. Said this is the best Def. Line he has had. Not looking for it to get any better.
GO HOGS!!

Ironhawg

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 23, 2016, 08:58:48 am
What recruit would want to play for a coach that flat out lies? 

Please explain?

TrueBlue

If we face realistic facts: we have already reached our pinnacle as a program with CBB. I like the guy, but this is year four in his tenure. We pay CBB $4mm a year and we get a beat down like that? Sorry, not acceptable and no excuses. These ARE his players.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 23, 2016, 09:00:27 am
Please explain?

Sorry on my phone.  Hit post before it was ready. I modified it.

TrueBlue

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 23, 2016, 08:59:01 am
Coach B. Said this is the best Def. Line he has had. Not looking for it to get any better.

THIS!

I said this two weeks ago and was stepped on by several people on here. He said this many times before the season started. He said it would be our one place that we will have strength.

doc53

Quote from: VHog9 on October 23, 2016, 08:18:19 am
Any recruit that watched that game just changed their mind. 535 rushing yards given up, Bret looks like a lost bafoon on the sidelines, and the team just gave up. They quit on Bret.
Maybe but it seems to me they looked like they had no clue on what they should be doing. I really question what these coaches are doing.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Ironhawg

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 23, 2016, 09:02:01 am
Sorry on my phone.  Hit post before it was ready. I modified it.

Ok.  Makes much more sense now, lol!  I don't necessarily agree with CBB being a liar as much as I think he just wasn't being honest with himself.  The doctors probably did tell him AA could play and AA is a gamer, so he is definitely going to want to go back in, but at what point do you (CBB) as head coach say "no let's not take any chances with that knee."  This is not just any player you are talking about here.  This is the guy who makes your offense go. This decision is not just about this game, but is about the rest of the season.  This decision is very concerning to me.

BassinHawg

I said last night that I expected to see Decommits and Transfers at the end of the year after this debacle!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Pig In The City

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 23, 2016, 09:01:43 am
If we face realistic facts: we have already reached our pinnacle as a program with CBB. I like the guy, but this is year four in his tenure. We pay CBB $4mm a year and we get a beat down like that? Sorry, not acceptable and no excuses. These ARE his players.

Looks like Pittman got the last laugh. Our OL is the worst I have ever seen wear Razorback red!

Pig In The City

Players just don't look like they want to be on a football field. IMO, there seems to be internal issues. No one looks excited or really seems to care. I don't think you can play football that way. The entire team acts like the Stepford Wives!

tophawg19

Quote from: Pig In The City on October 23, 2016, 10:01:57 am
Looks like Pittman got the last laugh. Our OL is the worst I have ever seen wear Razorback red!
did you watch Pittman against vandy ? he isn't laughing at anyone and is part of our o-line problem now . we have his recruits and i'm not sure they can do what Anderson wants skill wise or technique wise
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

No it's not. CBP beat the crap out of South Carolina year after year and Spurrier was still able to keep improving the program to new highs

Sooie71923

Coulda fooled me, I thought if recruits get on hogville after a loss would be the program killer.

alohawg

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 23, 2016, 08:41:12 am

Never have I seen a defense, any defense, jog rather than sprint like this group and it's been that way all season. There is NO fire or desire. Smith is a fraud and so is the guy that hired him.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogs958

this is over dramatic. It was a horrible loss, but come on.

jkstock04

Only way it wouldve been worse is if that had happened in fville.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TheSlacker

Quote from: Hogs958 on October 23, 2016, 04:17:53 pm
this is over dramatic. It was a horrible loss, but come on.

Agreed.  It was bad, but not a program killer like others are saying.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 23, 2016, 08:53:39 am
I believe we are athletic.  But fundamentals are being skipped over.  I see it in Texas HS football on a weekly basis (one of our big recruiting bases).  So many schools are playing like Big 12 schools and defensive fundamentals are suffering.  Texas lands 5* recruits--and they tackle worse than us.  It's not athleticism!

This is a good post. I don't know about point #1, but I'm certain about point #2.

Yes, everyone can show the charts where Alabama, Ohio State, et al, have more 4 and 5-star players. But, those guys also have 3-star players. TCU (granted, they're down now, but only 2 years ago could have made the final 4) does it with 3-star players. And good point about Texas and their great 5-star classes. What has that done for them?

We have kicked ass before without 5-star players. Sure I'd like 3 or 4 in every class. Something Saban has always said...they DEVELOP players. That's how their 3-stars become All-SEC, 4s become All-Americans, and their 5's may get a shot at playing in the League.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

IMABIELEMA

Hate to break it to you buddy but Auburn is the best team in the SEC hands down.

BrokenArrowHogs

They are not a mediocre team by any stretch. They struggled offensively early trying to decide on which QB to use. Since they settled on White, they have rolled MSST and now AR.  They will be hard for the other SEC West teams to handle now they have their identity and QB situation clear. That defense was nasty. 

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Hogs958 on October 23, 2016, 04:17:53 pm
this is over dramatic.
By a lot.
Losing to Auburn on the road at Auburn, while disappointing, is nowhere close to that crazy statement.

hog19911

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 23, 2016, 06:33:05 pm
Hate to break it to you buddy but Auburn is the best team in the SEC hands down.
No they aren't. They've already lost to A'M and will lose to Bama.

Augustus

Texas A&M (who beat Auburn) and Alabama (who will beat Auburn) would probably disagree with that.

rickfahr

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 23, 2016, 05:51:06 pm
This is a good post. I don't know about point #1, but I'm certain about point #2.

Yes, everyone can show the charts where Alabama, Ohio State, et al, have more 4 and 5-star players. But, those guys also have 3-star players. TCU (granted, they're down now, but only 2 years ago could have made the final 4) does it with 3-star players. And good point about Texas and their great 5-star classes. What has that done for them?

We have kicked ass before without 5-star players. Sure I'd like 3 or 4 in every class. Something Saban has always said...they DEVELOP players. That's how their 3-stars become All-SEC, 4s become All-Americans, and their 5's may get a shot at playing in the League.

As far as kickin' ass without 5 stars, show me where we've won the SEC, show me where we've won a natty. Hasn't been done.

The closest we have come in my lifetime in when we had an extraordinary coach who could overcome that talent deficit. Bobby Petrino.

hawkhawg

Over reaction. You guys lose your mind after a big loss. It will be ok. Life goes on.

Redhogs

Sure they are...... ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

RME

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 23, 2016, 07:12:17 pm
Over reaction. You guys lose your mind after a big loss. It will be ok. Life goes on.

Nope. It's a program killer. F the fact that a 10-win season is still possible (unlikely, but still possible). Program will never recover from this. It's over.

Pack it in. DWRRS won't draw more than 50k again this year, and we're about to lose all of our commits. The RF is about to dry up.

All because of one game. In the middle of a season. To a team that is a lot better than everyone thought. I'm not even sure the sun will rise tomorrow.

Redhogs

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on October 23, 2016, 06:38:30 pm
By a lot.
Losing to Auburn on the road at Auburn, while disappointing, is nowhere close to that crazy statement.
Losses like that, that break every negative record in the book tend to linger...that thrashing we took on national tv has changed our program perception that will take years to overcome....that's a fact.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RME

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2016, 07:18:51 pm
Losses like that, that break every negative record in the book tend to linger...that thrashing we took on national tv has changed our program perception that will take years to overcome....that's a fact.

Totally, man. 4 years from now some casual Ohio State fan is gonna see Arkansas and think "lol, I remember where I was when they lost 56-3 to Auburn on ESPN. Man those guys suck." Wanna tell me of a game in primetime 4-5 years ago where some team with no relation to you got blown out and you still perceive their program in a negative light?

Newsflash: We aren't as important outside the state of Arkansas as many of you think we are.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 23, 2016, 07:22:13 pm
Totally, man. 4 years from now some casual Ohio State fan is gonna see Arkansas and think "lol, I remember where I was when they lost 56-3 to Auburn on ESPN. Man those guys suck." Wanna tell me of a game in primetime 4-5 years ago where some team with no relation to you got blown out and you still perceive their program in a negative light?

Newsflash: We aren't as important outside the state of Arkansas as many of you think we are.

I bet there's going to be a whole bunch of people describing dead programs as a result of your query.  So many "program killing" losses.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

justasportsfan

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 23, 2016, 07:12:17 pm

Big loss?  All things considered, it could very well be the WORST loss in Razorback history.

spiritof92

Hogs lost 70-17 to USC in 2005 and was a Reggie Fish fumble away from winning the SEC championship in 2006.  Stop with this program killer stuff.