Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why will the Lines be better in 2017?

Started by The_Iceman, October 22, 2016, 10:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

I don't see this getting any better next year. The Oline and Dline will likely be worse next year. We don't have any recruits or red shirts lined up to fill the void.

If our lines are subpar again, he results will be the same. Have to recruit and develop better on the lines. Our talent everywhere else is competitive.

Hogsmo Kramer

We lose a lot of good receivers too next year.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Danny J

Need to start playing our more talented players more than our "experienced" players that way they will be more experienced for next year. That is also how you sell your program to stud recruits...you have a chance to start day one and here at Arkansas with as mediocre as our talent is that shouldn't be a problem regardless. It's hard to sell a 4 and 5 star recruit from Florida or Texas the "you come here and practice hard and wait your turn".

I think our O line will be about the same next year and our D line will be worse.

RazorPiggie

Our DL can't get much worse. Got to think Agim, Guirdy, and Capps will be in most of the time.

pfrg999

Running out of the early recruits....... Needing more Diamonds NOT in the rough
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 22, 2016, 10:14:03 pm
Our DL can't get much worse. Got to think Agim, Guirdy, and Capps will be in most of the time.

Bijohn Jackson just hasn't lived up to his ranking on the Dline. Jamario Bell was another 4-star DE but is now at TE.

But the Oline just looks dire. Will Wallace and Froholdt improve over the offseason? Will Zach Rogers take over Center and allow Ragnow to play a different spot? Will Jaylen Merrick or Colon Jackson live up to their 4-star rating and fill a starting spot?

The Oline has a lot of questions that will not be answered unless some development happens, cause the answer hasn't been in the 2016 oe 2017 recruiting class.

GlassofSwine

I think Linebackers still continue to be the worst spot on the defense. Our linebackers have been out of position and run themselves out of plays all season in the run game. Missing Dre Greenlaw hurts some but you need more than one guy. Opposing runners get through the line and then they aren't touched until they are in the secondary. Have to be better than that.

Letsroll1200

I'm ready to see Ramsey, D. Harris and Josh Harris at Linebacker. Brooks Ellis has to be hurt because he is having trouble touching anybody with the ball.

I would keep the secondary as is. Coley  will replace Liddell. I know that Coley is physical and not afraid of contact.

It was mention that O'Grady and Gragg can't play because they don't know the playbook. That's great because they can fit in with the Offensive line that struggle with the playbook. I want the 4 stars to get on the field.

HawgTide

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 22, 2016, 10:09:20 pm
I don't see this getting any better next year. The Oline and Dline will likely be worse next year. We don't have any recruits or red shirts lined up to fill the void.

If our lines are subpar again, he results will be the same. Have to recruit and develop better on the lines. Our talent everywhere else is competitive.

OL can't be worse next year. DL has been a major disappointment this year

WorfHog

Looks like we have three 3* OT coming in and one 3* DE. Gonna have to coach em up.

longpig

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 23, 2016, 08:46:49 am
I think Linebackers still continue to be the worst spot on the defense. Our linebackers have been out of position and run themselves out of plays all season in the run game. Missing Dre Greenlaw hurts some but you need more than one guy. Opposing runners get through the line and then they aren't touched until they are in the secondary. Have to be better than that.

You'll have that when LBs are tackling open field immediately.  DL is getting dominated, big time.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HawgTide on October 23, 2016, 10:24:26 am
OL can't be worse next year. DL has been a major disappointment this year

Losing 40% of the starting lineup on o-line.  Hopefully some major development will occur several players deep at every position.  Without that, it quite possibly could be worse.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

tophawg19

Quote from: WorfHog on October 23, 2016, 11:11:42 am
Looks like we have three 3* OT coming in and one 3* DE. Gonna have to coach em up.
Stars are meaningless when it comes to O-LINEMEN in particular . you can't watch video of a kid and judge his heart or desire . It's a position that takes time to learn and develop . It is hard to rank or rate them in H/S because good coaching is often not there .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Iceman

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 23, 2016, 11:25:24 am
Stars are meaningless when it comes to O-LINEMEN in particular . you can't watch video of a kid and judge his heart or desire . It's a position that takes time to learn and develop . It is hard to rank or rate them in H/S because good coaching is often not there .

I agree with the Oline. That is about coaching and development. However, the majority of the time, Dline is about recruiting. How many 4 and 5 stars were on Auburn's D-line? Texas a&m? Alabama?

Tusks

On paper the hogs have recruited very well on the DL.  The lack of performance falls on coaching.

Didn't the hogs just sign a 5* and 4* DL from the state last year?  They have a DE with a 7 ft. wing span and has talent, how is he being used to take advantage of that?

Agim is as good as anyone can recruit, why doesn't he play more.

sorry to derail the thread, I just can't think about 2017 when 2016 is blowing up.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

King Kong

Oline should have plenty of experience next season