Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal problems

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 22, 2016, 08:38:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:14:02 pm
What is your plan?

I don't know, maybe we hire a coach who can back up his talk. Recruit and use the talent he's recruited to create mismatches instead of running first down 80% of the game for 0-2 yards.

Recruit lineman instead of relying on a converted DE they bulked up too much and transfers from an already terrible UT team. Maybe not handcuff our program to a coach that NOBODY wants.

It doesn't Jeff Long and his top admirer Bret Bielema will continue to fleece the people of Arkansas with promises of development and better recruiting.

arlhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 22, 2016, 11:18:37 pm
Alabama will NOT give up 544 rushing yards, ever. Plus, their O-line is much better than ours. I'm taking Alabama.
Just goes to show our team gave up and quit tonight. Hurts to say it but if it quacks you know.

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:21:04 pm
I don't know, maybe we hire a coach who can back up his talk. Recruit and use the talent he's recruited to create mismatches instead of running first down 80% of the game for 0-2 yards.

Recruit lineman instead of relying on a converted DE they bulked up too much and transfers from an already terrible UT team. Maybe not handcuff our program to a coach that NOBODY wants.

It doesn't Jeff Long and his top admirer Bret Bielema will continue to fleece the people of Arkansas with promises of development and better recruiting.
Do you have FBS coaching experience?

bondhue

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:26:21 pm
Why, you want to hire him?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

WorfHog

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:26:21 pm

Jeff are you looking for resumes. I'll write you a nice letter about how integrity filled and respectful I am.

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:31:59 pm
Jeff are you looking for resumes. I'll write you a nice letter about how integrity filled and respectful I am.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: coolhog on October 22, 2016, 11:00:13 pm
Smith demoted Rhoads moves up.
Know something or just speculating?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

WorfHog

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:34:03 pm

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:40:21 pm
I don't.  I ask first.  Do you? 

WorfHog

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:45:33 pm
I don't.  I ask first.  Do you?

What do you think? If I did I'd be working tonight, not drinking on the sidelines. 

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:47:02 pm
What do you think? If I did I'd be working tonight, not drinking on the sidelines. 
So you don't have FBS coaching experience?

WorfHog

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:52:02 pm

Yeah what are getting at? That only guys with FBS experience should post on the board? Or comment in the media? The deficiencies on display are apparent to even the most novice CFB fan.

Did you pad your post count by replying with the same tired drivel over and over again?

WashUhog6

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:52:02 pm
>answers question
>asks same question for 4th time

A lack of FBS coaching experience doesn't mean you can't see the dumpster fire that occurred tonight. It's easy to stand on the sideline and complain instead of being the one responsible for making it all work, so I understand what you're saying. But sometimes glaring problems hit you right in the face and make it impossible for observers to ignore. This isn't about a bad play call, the poor use of a timeout, or a game plan that just didn't work this week. It's about a defense that still hasn't realized they need to lineup quickly when playing a hurry-up team, and an offense that continues to waste plays due to devotion to a style of play that feeds into our weaknesses while ignoring our biggest strengths.

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:57:27 pm
Yeah what are getting at? That only guys with FBS experience should post on the board? Or comment in the media? The deficiencies on display are apparent to even the most novice CFB fan.

Did you pad your post count by replying with the same tired drivel over and over again?
Well I'm just wondering, you seem to have all the answers.

East Clintwood

Quote from: cypress rock on October 22, 2016, 10:04:14 pm
We need SEC caliber assistant coaches

How about an SEC caliber head coach?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

WorfHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 23, 2016, 12:09:40 am

We've only had one(maybe two) of those in the entire time we've been in the league.

Carl Lazlo

Right now there are several high school coaching staffs in the state that could have made that game more competitive with the same players.

Hogvillage Idiot

Where do you find one?  Walmart or Target?
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Tusks

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 23, 2016, 12:17:00 am
Where do you find one?  Walmart or Target?

Since Walmart is going to put Target out of business, I'd say Walmart.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 22, 2016, 11:31:16 pm
When one of your 5 best OL is actually a DL who's only played football for a couple of years you might have concerns there also.

Great recruiting and development.
And another is a senior transfer from a team we throttled a couple years ago.  Yeah, how in the world has this happened?!  Is this what is called, "building it the right way"?
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Dionysos25 on October 22, 2016, 10:09:00 pm
Bama and A&M are better teams, and we at least put up a fight.. They rolled over big time tonight. Embarrassing.

Especially Alabama. Our guys fought our asses off in that one. If we had played average defense, we might have gone down to the wire.

Tonight was the worst performance I've ever seen. I can't even think about it any more.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 08:45:31 pm
Sometimes things start bad and just roll down hill on Saturday night.  There's just nothing that works and everything goes wrong.  Could be simple as that. 

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: arlhog on October 22, 2016, 11:06:35 pm
We scored 3 freaking points in an entire game.   It's not just the defense.
Offense had a crap game but they've scored enough to keep us in games. Defense is a sh!tstorm with no TP.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

poloprince

Quote from: Hogeration on October 22, 2016, 08:57:47 pm
Any other team would have been prepared.  Auburn didn't do anything they haven't done since Gus took over.  We were not prepared.

Very unprepared on both lines of scrimmage. It make no sense to me.
$PoLoPrInCe$

MountieDawg

Quote from: Pancetta on October 22, 2016, 10:20:47 pm
After seeing CBB post game PC I would say if there wasn't there will be some internal coaching strife now.  CBB wasn't hostile but he did seem pretty serious that defensive changes are coming.  Sounds like either CRS will either be on boadg with changes or he'll get left at the dock.

Didn't CBB say 2 or 3 weeks ago he was getting more involved on the defense.   I don't think he is helping.
SEC!

tampahog

Over the past couple of years, we were usually competitive even in our losses thus I believed we were close and trending in the right direction.  This year, the Bama, A&M, and Auburn games tell me we are either falling further behind the SEC elite (even if our record ends up at 8-4) or something else is fundamentally wrong here.  Watching how badly this defense tackles with 9 returning starters, I can't help but suspect the possibility of something more corrupt at play here internally.  Our recruiting is below average by SEC standards but still averages top 30 nationally.  How can our D be this bad ???

ShadowHawg

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 22, 2016, 11:34:03 pm

Have you ever stuck your head up a cow's arse?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 23, 2016, 12:12:22 am
Right now there are several high school coaching staffs in the state that could have made that game more competitive with the same players.

Didn't an Arkansas high school football coach just hang 50 on us?

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Pig In The City on October 22, 2016, 08:55:27 pm
I agree. The players have zero enthusiasm and fire. This isn't the first time that effort and energy was low. I agree something is internally going wrong. The team played like CBB's two Yorkies tonight. Horrible showing by staff and players alike.

Yorkies are actually energetic and fierce for their size. They were originally bred in England to hunt varmint in the mines. I would say a more accurate canine comparison to our team would be a pug.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: coolhog on October 22, 2016, 11:00:13 pm
Smith demoted Rhoads moves up.

That won't happen. They'd have to fire Smith.
This is my non-signature signature.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Razor1997

Quote from: arlhog on October 22, 2016, 11:06:35 pm
We scored 3 freaking points in an entire game.   It's not just the defense.

Offense has looked really good for most of the season though, they had one awful game.

Defense has been awful all year.

MC_Hog

I agree. The players minds were never on that game & we will never know for sure.

HotlantaHog

I agree.  Something is going on with team chemistry or coaching-team chemistry or coaches' chemistry with each other.

The last two years the Hogs didn't win any championships but they were notable because there was consistent improvement over the course of the years .... this year broke that trend ....

Auburn is good, but they were beaten by Clemson and Texas A&M, and they are far from unstoppable. The Hogs' effort seemed tired, disorganized, ill-planned and ill-executed. Why is that?

Pig In The City

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 07:40:04 am
Yorkies are actually energetic and fierce for their size. They were originally bred in England to hunt varmint in the mines. I would say a more accurate canine comparison to our team would be a pug.
Go PUGS!

tampahog

Over/under was 55.5.  Makes one wonder$$$

maknbacn

Quote from: longpig on October 22, 2016, 08:48:04 pm
Auburn could've beat anyone (almost anyone) tonight the way they were playing.  We just happened to be that anyone.

We have been that "anyone" quite a few times it seems. 56-3 is a different beating...