Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal problems

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 22, 2016, 08:38:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

A completely effortless performance tonight points to something bigger than this football game. Something is going on inside the program. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the coaches meetings tomorrow.

Ex-Trumpet

After a beating like this there needs to be a few less coaches in said meeting.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hog47

I wouldn't normally agree but I think something is wrong.

Kevin

something is wrong on the defensive side of the ball
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

spiritof92

Sometimes things start bad and just roll down hill on Saturday night.  There's just nothing that works and everything goes wrong.  Could be simple as that. 

longpig

Auburn could've beat anyone (almost anyone) tonight the way they were playing.  We just happened to be that anyone.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: longpig on October 22, 2016, 08:48:04 pm
Auburn could've beat anyone (almost anyone) tonight the way they were playing.  We just happened to be that anyone.

Auburn looked really good but we also helped them look really good.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Uberanubis

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 22, 2016, 08:38:54 pm
A completely effortless performance tonight points to something bigger than this football game. Something is going on inside the program. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the coaches meetings tomorrow.
coach said in his interview on the radio with chuck after the game that basically the buck stops with him and darn rolls down hill. cant keep doing the things we are doing week in and week out and expect to win. not sure what that will translate to, but its at least acknowledgement of the situation
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

spiritof92

Their offense has been steadily improving.  Their defense has looked good all season.  Hogs just happened to be their coming out party.

Danny J

I don't think they could have done that to any other team. We are the worst rush D in the league and after tonight by a wide margin. We just gave up 544 yards rushing to a team that has a new play caller just 2 games ago...544...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 08:52:32 pm
Their offense has been steadily improving.  Their defense has looked good all season.  Hogs just happened to be their coming out party.

Have you looked at the average yards per play that our D has been yielding?

Their party was expected by many.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Uberanubis on October 22, 2016, 08:52:16 pm
coach said in his interview on the radio with chuck after the game that basically the buck stops with him and darn rolls down hill. cant keep doing the things we are doing week in and week out and expect to win. not sure what that will translate to, but its at least acknowledgement of the situation

Good to hear.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

spiritof92

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 22, 2016, 08:54:33 pm
Have you looked at the average yards per play that our D has been yielding?

Have you watched any Auburn games before tonight?

Pig In The City

I agree. The players have zero enthusiasm and fire. This isn't the first time that effort and energy was low. I agree something is internally going wrong. The team played like CBB's two Yorkies tonight. Horrible showing by staff and players alike.

WashUhog6

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 08:45:31 pm
Sometimes things start bad and just roll down hill on Saturday night.  There's just nothing that works and everything goes wrong.  Could be simple as that.
Things were a little worse than rolling down hill tonight. Bad games do happen, it's just the nature of the game. Losing 56-3 is another beast entirely and reeks of more serious problems than just a bad night. I'm not sure if it's internal problems, though that idea does fit the circumstances--but I don't think that sort of problem would reveal itself following a big win. Either way, it's not like Auburn is the first very talented team we've played this year so I have no idea how we managed to put together such a historically bad showing.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 08:55:13 pm
Have you watched any Auburn games before tonight?

Edited my post during your reply...

buldozer

There have been problems for some time, no tackling, players that don't line up after plays when they know they are playing up tempo offenses, no spy on the QB when they are the leading rushers.... are examples of fundamentals that remain and bite the team game after game after game.

The question is when will the head coach step up and take control and rectify these glaring problems?

Potosihog

The internal problem is we continue to develop schemes which require players to do what we know they aren't capable of doing.   When you require someone to do what even they know they aren't capable of, you destroy confidence and effort.   Tonight was evident of all those things.

Hogeration

Any other team would have been prepared.  Auburn didn't do anything they haven't done since Gus took over.  We were not prepared. 

Pig In The City

I hare bad management practices about as much as I hate excuses.

justasportsfan

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 08:45:31 pm

Please.  There is something wrong here, and that's a fact to people that have watched this team all season.

spiritof92

Quote from: justasportsfan on October 22, 2016, 08:59:32 pm
Please.  There is something wrong here, and that's a fact to people that have watched this team all season.

Yeah, the Hogs match up horribly with Auburn and caught them at the worst possible time.  You can put away your tinfoil hat.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Pig In The City on October 22, 2016, 08:55:27 pm
I agree. The players have zero enthusiasm and fire. This isn't the first time that effort and energy was low. I agree something is internally going wrong. The team played like CBB's two Yorkies tonight. Horrible showing by staff and players alike.

This.  AA didn't look too excited about playing at any point tonight.  I get that he's been beat up, but he didn't look like his head was in it from the beginning.  Defense didn't look like they were in it all night. 

The wife and I have been discussing and can't decide.  Is it just the scheme?  Is it that the players aren't capable or is it that they aren't being coached the right things?  What's going on with the O Line?  I'm sure its a mix, but where do you start in fixing it? 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

hamARchy in the USA

This team has had problems with giving a consistent effort all year. Particularly the defense.  Last week was the first game the whole team showed up to play and played hard from start to finish.  Tonight was just the opposite.  The team showed up flat and stayed flat.  It's looking like MA has taken over the football team.

justasportsfan

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 22, 2016, 09:00:47 pm
Yeah, the Hogs match up horribly with Auburn and caught them at the worst possible time.  You can put away your tinfoil hat.

Keep on thinking that.  Parts Plus bowl, again

Sir Oinksalot

....SO says we are gassed.  When we play with high energy we can cover up our weaknesses.....when we don't fly around or gang tackle we are cannon fodder ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I think RS knows PR is his replacement and really doesn't give two chits.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

daprospecta

I don't mind losing if we are playing our hearts out but.......

wachhog

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 22, 2016, 09:51:17 pm
I think RS knows PR is his replacement and really doesn't give two chits.
And we said this year's o-line problems were because Pittman knew he was gone. If either is the case, it is STILL on the head coach.

Bosco

I don't think there are internal problems.  The problem is the HC come out of the BIG10 and is over his head.  He is running the '60's football like they do up there and getting his ass handed to him.

Pigsknuckles

It's Corso's fault. We were doomed the moment he picked us.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

cypress rock

We need SEC caliber assistant coaches

Dionysos25

Bama and A&M are better teams, and we at least put up a fight.. They rolled over big time tonight. Embarrassing.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

(notOM)Rebel123

Same bunch that was there vs Ole Miss was at Auburn tonight.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pancetta

After seeing CBB post game PC I would say if there wasn't there will be some internal coaching strife now.  CBB wasn't hostile but he did seem pretty serious that defensive changes are coming.  Sounds like either CRS will either be on boadg with changes or he'll get left at the dock. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

justasportsfan

Quote from: Pancetta on October 22, 2016, 10:20:47 pm
After seeing CBB post game PC I would say if there wasn't there will be some internal coaching strife now.  CBB wasn't hostile but he did seem pretty serious that defensive changes are coming.  Sounds like either CRS will either be on boadg with changes or he'll get left at the dock.

Day late and dollar short. 

Jimbob111

That's what I saw and what I've witnessed all season. It can't completely be a talent issue, a star issue, etc, there is something we're not seeing. Either that or Bert and his assistants are the worst coaches to ever coach. Keep in mind, Robb Smith (under Schiano, a defensive guy) had Rutger's defense playing WAAAAY above their star ranking.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

No, they could not have beaten "anyone". A competent defense that at least makes them honor a passing game would have crushed them. The worst QB Auburn has had that I can remember CRUSHED a team ranked ahead of them in the Top 25.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Absolutely the RIGHT thing to say on the radio, something BB does right that other coaches we have had didn't get.  Absolutely the WRONG thing to say tomorrow to his staff.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

alohawg

Nothing will change, just talk, it's what CBB is good at.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Bosco on October 22, 2016, 10:02:05 pm
I don't think there are internal problems.  The problem is the HC come out of the BIG10 and is over his head.  He is running the '60's football like they do up there and getting his ass handed to him.

He is finding out that for the most part the Defensive Lines in the SEC are not like the DL of Purdue, the DL of Northwestern, the DL of Minnesota, the DL of Indiana, and the DL of Illinois.

You are not going to just line-up and consistently bowl over most of the SEC Defensive Lines (except the gashing that Auburn did to our DL tonight, but that is another matter).

NuttinItUp

I think Auburn might be able to give Alabama a run for their money if they play like they did tonight.

arktravlr

Quote from: alohawg on October 22, 2016, 10:53:04 pm
Don't forget guacamole. He makes great guacamole.

coolhog

Smith demoted Rhoads moves up.

buldozer

Quote from: alohawg on October 22, 2016, 10:53:04 pm

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't the case. If he doesn't fire someone tomorrow I think you are right. If not after this, then when?

arlhog

Quote from: Kevin on October 22, 2016, 08:44:25 pm
something is wrong on the defensive side of the ball
We scored 3 freaking points in an entire game.   It's not just the defense.

WorfHog

Bielema can brag and talk and it doesn';t matter becasue Jeff Long has locked him into a golden handcuff situation. CBB's all talk and his boss can't/won't do anything about it. Good thing they're some of the highest payed Arkansans'  in the state. Totally earning those humongous checks.

BigoBoys

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 11:12:06 pm
Bielema can brag and talk and it doesn';t matter becasue Jeff Long has locked him into a golden handcuff situation. CBB's all talk and his boss can't/won't do anything about it. Good thing they're some of the highest payed Arkansans'  in the state. Totally earning those humongous checks.
What is your plan? 

WashUhog6

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 22, 2016, 10:53:45 pm
He is finding out that for the most part the Defensive Lines in the SEC are not like the DL of Purdue, the DL of Northwestern, the DL of Minnesota, the DL of Indiana, and the DL of Illinois.

You are not going to just line-up and consistently bowl over most of the SEC Defensive Lines (except the gashing that Auburn did to our DL tonight, but that is another matter).
For one thing, I don't understand how he hasn't completely figured that out yet; but even worse is the fact that he still insists on forcing an already ineffective philosophy on a team ill-suited to run it while being extremely effective at spreading it out and moving the ball through the air. We have trouble with pass protection and physicality up front, but have a big time talent at QB and strength at the skill positions. Both our weaknesses and our strengths are perfectly suited for an offense that spreads it out primarily in the shotgun, incorporating quicker throws to protect AA from so many hits and clear out the box a bit. We move the ball extremely on those occasions, while the more prototypical Bielema offensive formations just end up regularly setting us up with 3rd and long.

I'm all for running a pro style offense that likes to dominate opponents on the ground, but most of all we need to do what best fits our roster. It's not about "ground and pound" versus spread, it's about emphasizing your strengths while minimizing your weaknesses.

Of course that's only part of the problem, because our defense might as well not even exist. It's well beyond fixing at this point, while the offense still has the talent to be better optimized.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 22, 2016, 10:55:13 pm
I think Auburn might be able to give Alabama a run for their money if they play like they did tonight.

Alabama will NOT give up 544 rushing yards, ever. Plus, their O-line is much better than ours. I'm taking Alabama.