Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst SEC loss ever?

Started by MAL3, October 22, 2016, 07:50:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MAL3

Are we making history tonight? If we lose by 50+, was there a worse beating?

ADavisTheGOAT

Worst SEC loss was Bama in 2012 and 2013.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Knot2brite

We lost to bama in the early 90's 63-3.....THAT was a bad day...this isn't there....yet
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

MAL3

WorfHog

root_hawg

98hogs

Knot2brite

Yeah and dicknose Gus will run it up if he can....

AFWarrior83

This one is definitely bad, but unfortunately Arkansas has had its butt kicked badly quiet a few times since joining the SEC.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hogz87

Point spread wise it may not be, but relative to expectations it's the worst, most embarrassing SEC loss that I can remember.  We're (technically) a top 20 team and we're losing a game 49-3 to a team ranked lower than us.  This is a "someone's gotta go" type of loss.  It's completely and totally inexcusable and utterly, shake you to your core embarrassing.

Beaverfever

SpeedyHog

What's the reason for this pitiful showing?
Call Me Trumpton.

Martygit

While there have been other worse SEC losses, we should never.........NEVER!!!! lose to Auburn like this!
RIP OTR, REV

Knot2brite

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 22, 2016, 07:56:01 pm
as he should
I disagree but if you truly know him you would know that is the type person he is...but it all comes back on you from time to time

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 22, 2016, 07:52:01 pm
We lost to bama in the early 90's 63-3.....THAT was a bad day...this isn't there....yet

It was 43-3. It was a bad day but we ended up winning the game.

orvillesghost

Sometimes the roof just caves in on you.

Have a bye week coming up, a favorable schedule the rest of the way and try to hope we have a good November and a good season.

I plan to reserve all judgments until the end of the year. A lot of the people screaming for BB's head right now were saying we would easily win out last week after the Ole Miss win...

5HOG5

I just got back and missed ther game and final score.. What happened?

East Clintwood

43-3
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: 5HOG5 on October 22, 2016, 08:00:16 pm
I just got back and missed ther game and final score.. What happened?

Good news. It's not over, so you can tune in now.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogz87

Say we do win out and go 9-3.  Will anyone really be that excited about this season?  I know it'd be a pretty underwhelming 9-3 season since we got blown out in our three losses against the only truly good teams we played.

5HOG5

Knot2brite

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 22, 2016, 07:57:54 pm
It was 43-3. It was a bad day but we ended up winning the game.
Yep just seemed like 63-3

5HOG5

Did the hogs quit again from bad playcalling? I totally missed the game

Knot2brite

Just got whipped in every aspect of the game...auburn played the best they have all year...just not a good night for us and we look like we are Ned and the first reader out there

code red

We I gaurantte we don't end the year ranked.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MAL3

Giving up over 500 yards of rushing. Most teams would be happy getting that over THREE games. Wow

Auburn started this season with a good D and a horrible QB.  They all got better.  They were coached.  We aren't. 

bondhue

Meanwhile Auburn just scored again.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

The Kig

Well... We just got told that this will be the largest margin of victory (by 14 points so far) that Auburn has ever had against a ranked opponent.
Poker Porker

BigHog396

Quote from: orvillesghost on October 22, 2016, 07:59:31 pm
Sometimes the roof just caves in on you.

Have a bye week coming up, a favorable schedule the rest of the way and try to hope we have a good November and a good season.

I plan to reserve all judgments until the end of the year. A lot of the people screaming for BB's head right now were saying we would easily win out last week after the Ole Miss win...
Favorable schedule??? Are you kidding me???  We will be playing 2 more defenses that are this good.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see UF and LSU do the same thing to us defensively, and if we can't score more than this, they'll both kill us.

5HOG5

Quote from: MAL3 on October 22, 2016, 08:12:19 pm
Giving up over 500 yards of rushing. Most teams would be happy getting that over THREE games. Wow

OMG! Im glad i missed the game! Giving up 500 yards and getting handled in all areas of the game is totally unbeliveable! Thanks for the update ppl :) Looks like im gonna be eating crow for thinking the hogs would pull this off, but normally they would have! Best we can do now is try to make a decent bowl game if the team has any spark left and work it from there.

rtr

We never lost to Bama by 63-3, 2012 to Bama 52-0, 2013 52-7 to South Carolina and 52-7 to Bama.  56-7
to Florida in 1997.  So this could be the worst.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

buldozer

Well ole big boy wanted a big splash to boost recruiting next week...... I guess he made that splash tonight! Seems he just needs to stay in Fayetteville and take care of his business after this showing.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 22, 2016, 08:01:50 pm
Say we do win out and go 9-3.  Will anyone really be that excited about this season?  I know it'd be a pretty underwhelming 9-3 season since we got blown out in our three losses against the only truly good teams we played.

Still got hope

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 22, 2016, 07:50:50 pm
Worst SEC loss was Bama in 2012 and 2013.

Largest margin at 53 points tonight.  6th time Arkansas has given up at least 56 points in an SEC game including two OT wins.

Hogeration

New SEC rushing record tonight.

MAL3

Quote from: rtr on October 22, 2016, 09:21:39 pm
We never lost to Bama by 63-3, 2012 to Bama 52-0, 2013 52-7 to South Carolina and 52-7 to Bama.  56-7
I didn't remember a 63-3 score either. Thanks for the info

ShadowHawg

I think this is the worst because we were ranked mid season when this happened. The others were by unranked Hog teams for the most part.

davglo35

I think it's the worst just because it's auburn and gus. I hate auburn and their pay and play and get away with it.

spiritof92

Quote from: rtr on October 22, 2016, 09:21:39 pm

I remember watching that '97 game on ESPN.  Was the most frustrating loss because the way Todd Christensen mocked the Hogs throughout the game.  Nothing worse than getting curb-stomped on national tv and enduring several hours of the color guy dropping one joke after another about your team.