Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Relax

Started by OutlawHawg, October 22, 2016, 07:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OutlawHawg

Don't get worked up, it's who we are. We'll win a couple more this season maybe even one we don't expect too. Enjoy your Saturday night go have a few beers with friends or spend time with family.

razorbackchamps94

Flordia and Lsu beat us at home after watching flim on this

root_hawg

The_Bionic_Pig

The positive is this probably ensures a change at the DC & DL coaching positions so many have been clamouring for.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OutlawHawg

I was never high on Bret...let myself get my hopes up couple years ago when we dominated Tech and it looked like we'd always have a solid defense and good oline.

When he lost to Toledo and Tech last year that was it. He'll get us 6 - 8 wins a year and he's a nice guy but no point getting excited about it either way.

I'll pull for the Hogs every week can't help myself but it's literally not worth getting emotionally invested in - unless we do something with recruiting it's just life.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 22, 2016, 07:47:57 pm
The positive is this probably ensures a change at the DC & DL coaching positions so many have been clamouring for.
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Rob is going anywhere.  Name 1 coach that Bielema has dismissed for performance while at Arkansas.

WorfHog

It doesn't matter because ultimately nothing matters.  Football is just a distraction and our team is garbage.

Great time to expand the stadium.

OutlawHawg

I don't know if it's Smith or not - there comes a point if you're an Arkansas defensive player where you just get worn down playing against better talent.

We have a conference USA defense in the SEC.

Granny fan

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on October 22, 2016, 07:47:44 pm

Yes!

ICEman

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 22, 2016, 07:52:43 pm
I don't know if it's Smith or not - there comes a point if you're an Arkansas defensive player where you just get worn down playing against better talent.

We have a conference USA defense in the SEC.

The payroll would suggest otherwise.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

presidenthog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 22, 2016, 07:51:02 pm
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Rob is going anywhere.  Name 1 coach that Bielema has dismissed for performance while at Arkansas.
Jim chaney

The real Hogules

It's sad when all a team has to do is run a speed sweep to not only get a first down, but score a tds more often than not.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 22, 2016, 07:51:02 pm

Not midseason but Arkansas fans has been ptetty much money when predicting who should seek other employment at season's end which indicates BB see's what you see.

He isn't HDN and will allow you the opportunity to find another job before firing you....

I
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TebowHater

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 22, 2016, 07:59:58 pm

He isn't HDN and will allow you the opportunity to find another job before firing you....

Unless you coached under HDN before CBB, right?

The_Bionic_Pig

Rhoades may get a trail test but BB's eye is still on FAU head coach and dynamite recruiter.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2016, 08:01:15 pm
Unless you coached under HDN before CBB, right?

Who are you referring too (my mind is blank right now)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

EastexHawg

Hey, at least we can beat Ole Miss.

TebowHater

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 22, 2016, 08:02:58 pm
Who are you referring too (my mind is blank right now)

Mike Markuson. CBB fired him week 2 at Wisco

orvillesghost

I enjoy the wins and don't tear myself up over the losses

Arkansas will likely never win the SEC no matter who the coach is around here and the older I get the more I realize that.

I still enjoy Hog football though.

jcharkansas

Listen basically at this point, he is worse than hdn, I honesty miss him over this, he would at least try new things occasionally.

code red

No doubt......a pee wee football scheme and we are giving up 600 yds rushing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pigdiana Jones

I never thought I'd say this, but me too. He could at least get the team fired up when it needed to be done.

Quote from: jcharkansas on October 22, 2016, 08:07:26 pm
Listen basically at this point, he is worse than hdn, I honesty miss him over this, he would at least try new things occasionally.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Evenyually, folks on here will understand its not the OC or DC or not all on the players.  Our HC is barely average ina league where excellence is required.

aloha_kid

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 22, 2016, 07:45:56 pm
Don't get worked up, it's who we are. We'll win a couple more this season maybe even one we don't expect too. Enjoy your Saturday night go have a few beers with friends or spend time with family.

I figured we'd win 8 to 9 games this season.  We're still on track for that.  In other news, Ole Miss is gonna get crushed when they play Auburn.

Danny J

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 22, 2016, 07:47:57 pm
Segrest needs to go...

OutlawHawg

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd take Nutt. Bret is a buffoon but not to the level of ole Hooty.

The real Hogules

I'd turn my season tickets in for good if HDN EVER coached here again......, even as a position coach, or the waterboy!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

OutlawHawg

Bret is a joke though...all talk.

justasportsfan

Quote from: 12247 on October 22, 2016, 08:22:22 pm
Evenyually, folks on here will understand its not the OC or DC or not all on the players.  Our HC is barely average ina league where excellence is required.

Well said, but I've pointed this out and wow, "Noooo, its not CBB's fault"  Did he earn his multi millions tonight.  To a team that most here in Hogville have said many times, was down?"  New rushing record by a 'down' team' against our defense.  Sure enough value for the money.  For Auburn

OutlawHawg

We are 5 - 3 with wins over two ranks teams. We'll beat Mizzou and Miss St and probably our bowl game. That's 8 wins.

OutlawHawg

Mizzou lost to Middle Tennessee...it could be worse.

DeltaBoy

THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Qui Gon Jinn

Ed O has LSWho looking better each game.  It will not be a cakewalk when we play them.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 22, 2016, 09:04:59 pm
Ed O has LSWho looking better each game.  It will not be a cakewalk when we play them.

It will be a cakewalk if they run the QB draw and the HB sweep.

(notOM)Rebel123

Ahhhh...a voice of reason. Thank you! My gosh, some people take these games way too seriously.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

pfrg999

Your right... Who Gives a Rat's *** about this... Drink, Smoke and Have a Great night...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

OutlawHawg

Quote from: pfrg999 on October 22, 2016, 09:23:49 pm
Your right... Who Gives a Rat's *** about this... Drink, Smoke and Have a Great night...

Not being a downer just saying it is what it is. Bret isn't going anywhere for a couple more years, Petrino isn't coming back. I might get excited again if we get a good up and comer that can bring excitment to the program but for the next couple years we'll win 6 - 7 a year and hopefully go to bowls within driving distance.

Youngsta71701

I'm not happy right now but I will say this. Let's not forget that Auburn has a very unique running game that gives a lot of teams fits. Especially if they get off to a good start. Which they clearly did tonight. I'm not giving up on 9 wins yet.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

pfrg999

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 22, 2016, 09:34:31 pm
Not being a downer just saying it is what it is. Bret isn't going anywhere for a couple more years, Petrino isn't coming back. I might get excited again if we get a good up and comer that can bring excitment to the program but for the next couple years we'll win 6 - 7 a year and hopefully go to bowls within driving distance.

I get ya!!!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

porkrindjimmy

This Nutt would be better talk needs to stop. He only got a team fired up when his ass was on the line. Bret is a better man than Houston ever was which is why it will be hard when he is eventually fired here. The similar trait between them is game preparation. It is awful. Nutty's problem was pickup basketball, Donna Bragg and twice weekly nail clipping sessions with daddy Frank. Bret's problem? I can't tell you. Writing buffet reviews for yelp? Writing weekly love letters to Jeff? Who knows....

I just know we are seldom ready to p!ay a game. It has to change.

PRJ

OutlawHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2016, 09:45:09 pm
This Nutt would be better talk needs to stop. He only got a team fired up when his ass was on the line. Bret is a better man than Houston ever was which is why it will be hard when he is eventually fired here. The similar trait between them is game preparation. It is awful. Nutty's problem was pickup basketball, Donna Bragg and twice weekly nail clipping sessions with daddy Frank. Bret's problem? I can't tell you. Writing buffet reviews for yelp? Writing weekly love letters to Jeff? Who knows....

PRJ

haha man I miss the days of Donna Bragg and Alma Sonic.

Bret is just fat I think instead of game film and recriuting he and Kurt Anderson are going coney island fourth of july hot dog eating contest in the Broyles center.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 22, 2016, 09:49:06 pm
haha man I miss the days of Donna Bragg and Alma Sonic.

Bret is just fat I think instead of game film and recriuting he and Kurt Anderson are going coney island fourth of july hot dog eating contest in the Broyles center.

Those were great days. Now we just have the propagandists here. Arguing with any reasonable objection to their rewritten history.

PRJ

kp72204

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 22, 2016, 07:49:51 pm
I was never high on Bret...let myself get my hopes up couple years ago when we dominated Tech and it looked like we'd always have a solid defense and good oline.

When he lost to Toledo and Tech last year that was it. He'll get us 6 - 8 wins a year and he's a nice guy but no point getting excited about it either way.

I'll pull for the Hogs every week can't help myself but it's literally not worth getting emotionally invested in - unless we do something with recruiting it's just life.
I agree with you, however there's nothing WE can do. We're Hogg fans, dare to dream the impossible!!

kp72204

I'm starting to get to that point, but hey I'm only 38, there's a few more years of frustration to be had.

OutlawHawg

Quote from: kp72204 on October 22, 2016, 10:35:57 pm
I'm starting to get to that point, but hey I'm only 38, there's a few more years of frustration to be had.

It's easier just to accept it at a younger age, much easier on your life. Enjoy tailgating and the occassional big win but that's about all you can hope for.

Looking forward to the Texas Bowl, Houston is a fun town to visit and we have some good rivlaries with old Big XII schools.

Southerneyes

Quote from: TebowHater on October 22, 2016, 08:03:46 pm
Mike Markuson. CBB fired him week 2 at Wisco
Ha.....I didn't realize CBB was who fired him.

98hogs

No one is gonna relax when you get totally embarrassed.

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2016, 09:45:09 pm

PRJ

I guess we were not prepared for TCU or Old Piss, right?

jcharkansas

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 23, 2016, 08:41:29 am
I guess we were not prepared for TCU or Old Piss, right?
Certainly were not prepared for Auburn and by the looks of things TCU and Ole Piss have turned out to be very mediocre this year.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 07:52:32 pm
It doesn't matter because ultimately nothing matters.  Football is just a distraction and our team is garbage.

Great time to expand the stadium.
I just flat out don't like you. Any person thinking our team is garbage can piss off and go root for Gus.
Zero respect for you. Those young men represent our hopes and dreams in a lot of ways and  you dub them trash.
Look in the mirror chief,  are you better than our team.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.