Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intimidating Safety

Started by lrar4hogs, September 24, 2012, 11:21:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lrar4hogs

If our defense is not going to cover, can we at least get that old school big safety that just knocks people out across the middle and can actually bat a ball away on deep passes.  Steve Atwater, Kennoy Kennedy, Steve Atwater, those guys come to mind.  Hell even Randy Kelly would even come up and hit somebody.  We haven't got one of those guys in a long time.  I don't care about the penalties either, just send a message.  And thats another thing, lets quit changing the game of football.  Everybody knows the risks that are involved with the game, if you don't you have never played in your life.  Paterno (not a fan of at all) actually had a good idea to stop the helmet to helmet hits.  He said they should just remove the face masks and people will stop leading with their helmets.  Might be some broken noses and knocked out teeth, but maybe reduce some brain injuries.  Overall, I just want a big, intimidating safety who offensive players fear. 

johnny cash

Atwater and Kennedy couldn't play in today's game, especially in NFL. They would be fined every week, and probably get assault charges filed against them. They were hard hitting dudes.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

lrar4hogs

Alabama's safeties seem to have no problem with hitting hard from the safety position.

LZH

We haven't had a true FS since Kennedy.

lilRockNDubb

I'd settle for a corner like Chris Houston

dizzy_lavender

sawmill

Razorfox

Quote from: sawmill on September 25, 2012, 07:14:47 am
Ken Hamlin wasnt bad.

If by second round draft pick and NFL starter for two different teams is "not bad", then I'd say you're right. 

Personally, I'd say he was excellent. 

Turminator

TheRealRazorback

Quote from: lrar4hogs on September 25, 2012, 12:38:44 am
Alabama's safeties seem to have no problem with hitting hard from the safety position.

on the same note, what does alabama have a problem with? nothing lol

Speedsmith

Rohan Gaines is going to be good. He just needs better coaches

hawgwild child

Quote from: Speedsmith on September 25, 2012, 09:47:19 am
Rohan Gaines is going to be good. He just needs better coaches
I was just about to say. That kid is going to be a stud, he's the only one on the Defense that wasn't scared to hit Lacy.  He lead our team in tackles before the Rutgers game

cardinalandwhite

We need another "Hammer" Hamlin back there.  Receivers aren't scared of our backfield, and that needs to change.  Heck, Bama's corners hit harder than our safeties most of the time!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous