Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Treveon Johnson Decommits from OU

Started by ThisGuy, January 27, 2018, 02:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

I was just getting ready to post that.

Athog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 27, 2018, 05:39:19 pm
Smart kid to want to come play in a real conference and not for a dying program like OU. They can't compete with they Mickey Mouse offense against good defense. Come play in the SEC and get ready for the NFL.

Ridiculous comment! Could we best OU in that Mickey Mouse conference?

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Athog on January 31, 2018, 12:12:12 pm
We coulda hung with anybody in that crap conference just like we hung with TCU. Are D woulda been the best in the Big XII. I know that ain't saying much cause they don't play no defense but now we are gonna have the high flying O to go with an SEC defense and I guarantee we'd smoke chOkeU.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: Muskliketusk on February 01, 2018, 08:46:47 am
We coulda hung with anybody in that crap conference just like we hung with TCU. Are D woulda been the best in the Big XII. I know that ain't saying much cause they don't play no defense but now we are gonna have the high flying O to go with an SEC defense and I guarantee we'd smoke chOkeU.
Homerism at its finest!!  OU would have scored 70 on us last year. Not that Mayfield is gone....50

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on February 01, 2018, 12:32:56 pm
Homerism at its finest!!  OU would have scored 70 on us last year. Not that Mayfield is gone....50

I have my doubts.

NoogaHog

I think that went right by him.

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Muskliketusk

They lost to Iowa State. They wasn't some good team.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

kp72204

That's a mighty bold statement. If they game took place last year, probably turned it off by middle of second quarter most likely.

Muskliketusk

Don't matter no way because we are at least beating them in recruiting. Johnson ain't gonna be the last one that HCCM beats them cheats on. Had he got an earlier start Crawford is ours too.

hawgwash

We coulda hung with anybody in that crap conference just like we hung with TCU.
And Coastal Carolina.

HogimusMaximus

We would have lost by 3 touchdowns to OSU and OU.

HogFoo

I believe this kid will be a Hog.  I saw his post on Twitter and it has him at the Arkansas bball game, actually it's his background home pict. SO Thats cool.  Anyways i think we get him and really, i have no doubt that we probably would ha e got that other WR committed to OU if morris just had a little more time.  This staff is kicking butt.  10x more energized than beefy Bielema's staff.   It shows tremendously!   Got the #1/#2  RB in juco , have the #1 DE in America in on a visit and I'll be honest I think we'll get him to be a Hog as well.  We changed Fulwider mind, ladarius, myles, that LB Parker (hopefully we keep him away from texas) got some great OL guys , it's exciting. This class to me is every bit as good or better than the one Bielema put together his 1st year.  And I'll say it again, if Morris had a full allotment of scholarship, I have no doubt that this class might have been a top 15-20 class.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Redhogs

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 04:06:44 am
I believe this kid will be a Hog.  I saw his post on Twitter and it has him at the Arkansas bball game, actually it's his background home pict. SO Thats cool.  Anyways i think we get him and really, i have no doubt that we probably would ha e got that other WR committed to OU if morris just had a little more time.  This staff is kicking butt.  10x more energized than beefy Bielema's staff.   It shows tremendously!   Got the #1/#2  RB in juco , have the #1 DE in America in on a visit and I'll be honest I think we'll get him to be a Hog as well.  We changed Fulwider mind, ladarius, myles, that LB Parker (hopefully we keep him away from texas) got some great OL guys , it's exciting. This class to me is every bit as good or better than the one Bielema put together his 1st year.  And I'll say it again, if Morris had a full allotment of scholarship, I have no doubt that this class might have been a top 15-20 class.
Yep...amazing what a little hard work will do vs. making excuse as to why something cannot be done...if this continues, we will be winners again.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 04:06:44 am

I really like the class coach Morris is putting together this year, but it's a bit early to say that it's better than a class that included Drew Morgan, Austin Allen, Dan Skipper, AJ Derby, Martrell Speight, Denver Kirkland, Alex Collins, and Hunter Henry. That class had some star power, and while this class may have difference makers too, you may want to slow your roll.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on February 02, 2018, 08:30:58 am
I really like the class coach Morris is putting together this year, but it's a bit early to say that it's better than a class that included Drew Morgan, Austin Allen, Dan Skipper, AJ Derby, Martrell Speight, Denver Kirkland, Alex Collins, and Hunter Henry. That class had some star power, and while this class may have difference makers too, you may want to slow your roll.
Why..? Who is it hurting..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogFoo

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on February 02, 2018, 08:30:58 am
why would I want to do that tho?  We got top RB in juco, may get the top DE. Gerald, got some great OL guys, wrs, Fulwider to change commitments  to us, got Ladarius an instate kid who was going to our OPPOnents?? Got him to switch, got the big DL in state who for whatever reason we were even going after under Bielema to be a Hog!   We've had a lot of recruits come in that Morris spoke with when he was at SMU, and had he been able to speak with them sooner while Arkansas coach, we might have got more flips! But it's fine, Morris coming in and having such good success is very good news for us.  Heck, if we just had more scholarships for this year, wed probably still be a top 20 ranked class.  I ha v no doubt this time next season we'll probably ha v a top 15 class!  I also figure that next year's class will have more schollies than normal because I figure we'll have a few transfers, which is fine, get more Morris players in quicker is a good thing! 

But no, I'm in not gonna " slow my roll"  why would I?  We ha v a head coach that I think has an offensive mind ever bit as good as Petrino, who is 10x the recruiter Petrino was, has DEEP ties to Texas because he was a coach at one of the largest schools in Texas.  All these HS coaches love Morris cuz he's a good guy! So mal no mistake about it, they'll be glad to try to send players our way, as much as they can anyways.  So, yeah, I'm not gonna slow my roll, perhaps you should make yours faster! Haha.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

kp72204

Quote from: Redhogs on February 02, 2018, 07:28:34 am
Yep...amazing what a little hard work will do vs. making excuse as to why something cannot be done...if this continues, we will be winners again.
STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! That's a LOT of hard work. LOL

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 02:15:44 pm
why would I want to do that tho?  We got top RB in juco, may get the top DE.
and the rest was great. We have every reason to be optimistic. If the Hogs are a combo of Clemson offense and LSU Defense, in 3 years it's going to be "hide the women, hide the children, the Hogs are coming to town!" Woo pigs.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

HogFoo

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on February 02, 2018, 02:31:42 pm
and the rest was great. We have every reason to be optimistic. If the Hogs are a combo of Clemson offense and LSU Defense, in 3 years it's going to be "hide the women, hide the children, the Hogs are coming to town!" Woo pigs.
totally agree! I figure those still not on board with Morris will be soon enough.   Once the winning starts, they'll come piling on board the bandwagon.  I believe the winning starts next season btw.  We had talent on this team, we just werent utilizing it all correctly!  I think we will under Morris and staff!  And as stated in other threads, I can see us getting 8-9wins maybe with some luck, a little more. Just depends on how the entire team gets on board with this staff. If they buy in quickly etc..

OneTuskOverTheLine™

February 02, 2018, 04:38:43 pm #71 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:56:06 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: MasterChiefHog on February 02, 2018, 02:31:42 pm

You may be onto something. Let a lyricists take a stab at it...
" Hammer down Arkansas whoop the (opponent mascot) with a stick!
Hide the wife! Hide the Kids! What's that sound? Woo PiG..!"

Or
Listen to that Hog Call from high up on the ridge!!
Hide the wife and the kids! Whose in town? Woo Pig..!

Rammer that jammer up your hotty totty...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

East TN HAWG

Quote from: HogFoo on February 02, 2018, 02:15:44 pm
why would I want to do that tho?  We got top RB in juco, may get the top DE. Gerald, got some great OL guys, wrs, Fulwider to change commitments  to us, got Ladarius an instate kid who was going to our OPPOnents?? Got him to switch, got the big DL in state who for whatever reason we were even going after under Bielema to be a Hog!   We've had a lot of recruits come in that Morris spoke with when he was at SMU, and had he been able to speak with them sooner while Arkansas coach, we might have got more flips! But it's fine, Morris coming in and having such good success is very good news for us.  Heck, if we just had more scholarships for this year, wed probably still be a top 20 ranked class.  I ha v no doubt this time next season we'll probably ha v a top 15 class!  I also figure that next year's class will have more schollies than normal because I figure we'll have a few transfers, which is fine, get more Morris players in quicker is a good thing! 

But no, I'm in not gonna " slow my roll"  why would I?  We ha v a head coach that I think has an offensive mind ever bit as good as Petrino, who is 10x the recruiter Petrino was, has DEEP ties to Texas because he was a coach at one of the largest schools in Texas.  All these HS coaches love Morris cuz he's a good guy! So mal no mistake about it, they'll be glad to try to send players our way, as much as they can anyways.  So, yeah, I'm not gonna slow my roll, perhaps you should make yours faster! Haha.   

Check recruiting rankings and you will find that CBB first year had more 4* than CCM.  CCM is not exactly killing it yet with elite 4* or better athletes.  It can also be said that half of CBB first was class were busts.  We don't know what CCM recruits will be.  I'm sure there will be some busts.

I'm not going to blow smoke and say CCM is killing it on this years class because he isn't.  I think it is because he comes from SMU, and he is now recruiting a different level athlete.  If he is a good recruiter, it will start showing next year when he has time to develop the relationships.  I am optimistic about his future because his philosophy is solid, and his work ethic is very good. 

I think he has the chance to be a special recruiter, but he hasn't proven anything yet.  So far he has flipped a couple of 3* which will not get us to the elite level.  We all hope they are diamonds in the rough.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 02, 2018, 04:59:03 pm
Check recruiting rankings and you will find that CBB first year had more 4* than CCM.  CCM is not exactly killing it yet with elite 4* or better athletes.  It can also be said that half of CBB first was class were busts.  We don't know what CCM recruits will be.  I'm sure there will be some busts.

I'm not going to blow smoke and say CCM is killing it on this years class because he isn't.  I think it is because he comes from SMU, and he is now recruiting a different level athlete.  If he is a good recruiter, it will start showing next year when he has time to develop the relationships.  I am optimistic about his future because his philosophy is solid, and his work ethic is very good. 

I think he has the chance to be a special recruiter, but he hasn't proven anything yet.  So far he has flipped a couple of 3* which will not get us to the elite level.  We all hope they are diamonds in the rough.
All along I've contended that the REAL tale of the tape as far as this staff's recruiting prowess will truly begin to be revealed beginning next year. Considering the somewhat late start most of the coaches had this year PLUS the need to begin to establish serious future relationships with many of the more highly rated upcoming seniors the next recruiting class should be a better indication of what the future may hold. Like so many others I hoping this class turns out to be a very under appreciated/ranked one and that there are a lot of kids who will be not only starters, but key successful contributors, over the next four or five seasons.

ricepig

Bishop is a 4* and Mason has a 4* offer list.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/ladarrius-bishop-178566
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220719/myles-mason

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2018, 05:11:42 pm
Bishop is a 4* and Mason has a 4* offer list.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/ladarrius-bishop-178566
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/220719/myles-mason
ferrell, mason, and bishop are all 4*s, as is traveon johnson as well; you just got to look at the right service, not 247 composite which means you basically have to be a unanimous 4* to be a 4* on the composite average.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogFoo

ferrell, mason, and bishop are all 4*s, as is traveon johnson , who I think we'll get.  I also believe we have a good shot to get Gerald too and he's the #1 DE in America, which I haven't looked but id say that that'd at least put him as a high 4* Fulwider was a high 3 as well.  So is Gooden (if we get him again),  These OLine guys are high 3's.  Collins was among top #3 RBs when he came, and Boyd is either #1 or 2,   Yeah, getting these top guys to come in this late in the recruiting game, and actually considering us, yeah that's huge.   Sorry bro, I don't see how anyone cant see it yet.  But, I get it..  you guys want him to prove it on the field, and you guys want him get a whole class full of top guys.  Hey, I get it. But the thing is, I think if ever there were a guy who can do it, it's gonna be Morris.   Simply because he has such deep ties to texas.  Hes getting top guys on both offense and defense to turn their heads and think about Arkansas as place theyd like to play.   I get why on offense, but to do it on defense is a really good sign!    I believe Morris' philosophy will be able to pull the recruits in once we get going.  Normally it takes about 3yrs to really see how a coach is going to do, but I think we'll be successful in year 1!   We always had talent on the team.  We just weren't utilizing it to its maximum.  I think Morris will!    I think this system will work very well for Arkansas just the way it did under Petrino.  Except, Morris isn't a dick, and he actually likes to recruit.  He and his whole staff are like energizer bunnies!  What's even better is that 2019 has a really good in state class as well!   Good times are coming.  I believe that Bielema had a full class to work with his 1st year too correct?   Because I have zero doubt, if Morris had a full class to work with, even in the short time he had, I believe that he could have got us into a top 15-20 class! 

So, yeah, I think Morris is way ahead of Bielema already!  Which is great for us Hog fans.  Its great that we have a coach that is going to actually USE the recruiting base that gave us some of our greatest teams in the past.  Of course as stated, it is also great that our coach has such deep ties and friendships with the recruiting base that he's using because he used to be a HS coach in that area at one time and is deeply respected.   I never understood why we were trying to go after florida recruits and east coast, when our base was right here.  Now we will get what will work for us.  about damn time.  Like I said, I predict at least 8-9 wins next season.

Kevin

with the early signing period, you cannot compare ccm's first year to cbb. cbb had a couple of months to recruit the whole class, ccm did not.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

liljo

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2018, 04:55:57 am
with the early signing period, you cannot compare ccm's first year to cbb. cbb had a couple of months to recruit the whole class, ccm did not.

Oh yes they can, Kevin. They just can't FAIRLY compare Coach Morris's first year to BB.

Your point is absolutely correct.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

farmhawg

Quote from: liljo on February 03, 2018, 09:08:55 am
Oh yes they can, Kevin. They just can't FAIRLY compare Coach Morris's first year to BB.

Your point is absolutely correct.
I agree and I am coming to an understanding about these Brett lovers. The ones that stuck by him to the have absolutely no freaking idea what they are talking about.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogFoo

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2018, 04:55:57 am
true.  That early signing period happened what?  Less than 3weeks after we got CM?  Which, i thought he did good, and i think this class is excellent.  Got some really good players.  My buddy who has connections sent me a list of the guys we sent NLI too.  If we get all those guys ill be happy.  Excepy for 1 that we apparently didnt send 1 too.  But, itll still be a great class!  Treveon dis get one tho ;)

East TN HAWG

Quote from: farmhawg on February 03, 2018, 09:17:54 am
I agree and I am coming to an understanding about these Brett lovers. The ones that stuck by him to the have absolutely no freaking idea what they are talking about.

It's not about being a CBB lover.  It's about trying to look at the situation as objectively as possible, and not bury your head in the sand and only seeing what you want to see.  If you want to see through rose colored glasses go ahead. 

I see CCM doing a lot of great things, but I have not seen the fruits of his labor yet.  When this class is done, it will be rated poorly because of total numbers.  It is expected no matter who is coach.  When you look at average stars it will be better, but it will not be significantly better than what we've had in the past. 

To this date, we can't say that CCM is knocking it out of the park.  It is fair to say that the early signing date may have contributed to it.  I think it's more of a function on who he was recruiting prior to the hire here.  He should probably get a pass this year, but next year the expectations should be much higher.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 03, 2018, 10:39:18 am
It's not about being a CBB lover.  It's about trying to look at the situation as objectively as possible, and not bury your head in the sand and only seeing what you want to see.  If you want to see through rose colored glasses go ahead. 

I see CCM doing a lot of great things, but I have not seen the fruits of his labor yet.  When this class is done, it will be rated poorly because of total numbers.  It is expected no matter who is coach.  When you look at average stars it will be better, but it will not be significantly better than what we've had in the past. 

To this date, we can't say that CCM is knocking it out of the park.  It is fair to say that the early signing date may have contributed to it.  I think it's more of a function on who he was recruiting prior to the hire here.  He should probably get a pass this year, but next year the expectations should be much higher.

Your post is full of stupid TV drama quotes. "Rose colored glasses"? I mean, c'mon man.! If you cannot see the ability to identify, contact and close that CCM and staff possess then you either are not looking or don't want to see it.

I get your whole "Show Me" thing, but to me If I were keeping a "wait and see" approach I would also have a "keep it to yourself approach". Simply put, you can doubt all you want, but once you cross the threshold to being argumentative with peoples joy, excitement and/or hope then you become weight that has to be carried  . Believe you me players and recruits read this site, and when they want to know what Arkansas is like they look to us to tell the truth. Fear smells like dog darn, and no one wants to be around it. Man up and raise your expectations.

kaki

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 03, 2018, 11:10:06 am
Your post is full of stupid TV drama quotes. "Rose colored glasses"? I mean, c'mon man.! If you cannot see the ability to identify, contact and close that CCM and staff possess then you either are not looking or don't want to see it.

I get your whole "Show Me" thing, but to me If I were keeping a "wait and see" approach I would also have a "keep it to yourself approach". Simply put, you can doubt all you want, but once you cross the threshold to being argumentative with peoples joy, excitement and/or hope then you become weight that has to be carried  . Believe you me players and recruits read this site, and when they want to know what Arkansas is like they look to us to tell the truth. Fear smells like dog darn, and no one wants to be around it. Man up and raise your expectations.
[/quote Nothing wrong with a little reasonable, pragmatic thought.  It seems that some get way too ahead of themselves, which when their expectations are not fulfilled they are the ones demanding regime change. 

East TN HAWG

At the end of this recruiting class, we will be between 25-33 by average star rankings which is exactly where we've been in the past. If you want to celebrate, go for it, but don't cry if we are in the same position in the standings at the end of the season in 2-3 years.

Recruiting has to pick up for us to improve our standing within the conference.

For now go celebrate!!!  It makes you feel better.

870rzrback

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2018, 06:11:21 pm
ferrell, mason, and bishop are all 4*s, as is traveon johnson as well; you just got to look at the right service, not 247 composite which means you basically have to be a unanimous 4* to be a 4* on the composite average.
Your logic just doesn't make sense to me. So you trust espn's judgement on mason because they have him as a 4 star. But at the same time you don't trust their judgement because they have bishop rated as a mid level 3 star? That's why the composite is the best. Its based off of more than one opinion. A player rated 88 composite is most likely a 4 star on at least one service, and a 88 is still a very good rating for a player.

Con el Cerdos

February 03, 2018, 02:03:08 pm #86 Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:28:22 pm by Con el Cerdos
Quote from: kaki on February 03, 2018, 11:25:40 am

Don't you think it would be wise to wait before declaring these as absolutes?  So far I haven't seen anything that distinguishes this group from the previous groups.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Athog on January 31, 2018, 12:12:12 pm

Stupid thing to say.  God, I wish we were a dying program like OU!

jvanhorn

Quote from: Muskliketusk on February 01, 2018, 05:22:19 pm
Don’t matter no way because we are at least beating them in recruiting. Johnson ain’t gonna be the last one that HCCM beats them cheats on. Had he got an earlier start Crawford is ours too.

Seriously?  Don't matter no way?  What grade were you in when you dropped out?

jgphillips3

Quote from: jvanhorn on February 03, 2018, 02:10:48 pm
Seriously?  Don't matter no way?  What grade were you in when you dropped out?

I believe he was trying to speak in the vernacular so that Hogville would feel he was "down" with the masses.  Perhaps you have mistaken his calculated use of dialect for lack of education.  "Oh stewardess..."

Oklahawg

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 03, 2018, 10:39:18 am

Really shrewd post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Polecat

I'm hearing that Johnson is not signing on Wednesday. Mods feel free to PM me if needed
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Paul

Quote from: Polecat on February 05, 2018, 12:54:21 pm
I'm hearing that Johnson is not signing on Wednesday. Mods feel free to PM me if needed
Is he fully qualified?

Polecat

Quote from: Paul on February 05, 2018, 01:05:42 pm
Is he fully qualified?

From what I hear, fully qualifying is a stumbling block right now

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 03, 2018, 12:10:02 pm
At the end of this recruiting class, we will be between 25-33 by average star rankings which is exactly where we've been in the past. If you want to celebrate, go for it, but don't cry if we are in the same position in the standings at the end of the season in 2-3 years.

Recruiting has to pick up for us to improve our standing within the conference.

For now go celebrate!!!  It makes you feel better.

I'm one of those, "Stars Don't matter" dudes... I am just looking at tape and making my own judgement. I'm pretty sure our coaches do the same thing. Have you never noticed how many 3*'s wind up as 4 *'s once they commit to Bama.!? You can't measure heart, you can't measure heart, you JUST can't measure heart...

East TN HAWG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 05, 2018, 11:43:33 pm
I'm one of those, "Stars Don't matter" dudes... I am just looking at tape and making my own judgement. I'm pretty sure our coaches do the same thing. Have you never noticed how many 3*'s wind up as 4 *'s once they commit to Bama.!? You can't measure heart, you can't measure heart, you JUST can't measure heart...
I think your right to an extent.  There are always players that are evaluated incorrectly. 

Over time though, the star ranking as a whole tends to match the successful programs.  Yes, there are exceptions both ways (recently Washington), but in generally the odds favor those schools that consistently recruit well (in the rankings).  If I'm betting, I would bet my money would always be on the star rankings. 

Virgil

Looks like he's trending to SMU today according to 247.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

ricepig

Quote from: Virgil on February 06, 2018, 10:44:47 am
Looks like he's trending to SMU today according to 247.

He won't be signing anywhere tomorrow, from what I hear.

Polecat

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2018, 11:21:46 am
He won't be signing anywhere tomorrow, from what I hear.

As of this morning, he is signing with SMU tomorrow. Not sure if it's a ceremonial type thing where he still ends up at JC. But that's what I've been told

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Polecat on February 06, 2018, 11:26:07 am
As of this morning, he is signing with SMU tomorrow. Not sure if it's a ceremonial type thing where he still ends up at JC. But that's what I've been told
Doesn't SMU have higher academic requirements?