Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regular Monday Press Conference

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, November 06, 2017, 10:16:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just curious because I can't remember, is the press conference to preview the upcoming opponent and status of the team usually on Mondays or is it a different day?  I've never paid much attention but after the exchanges on Saturday was thinking the next one could be a little more interesting than most.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

NuttinItUp

Hope the media is in a roasting kind of mood.

ricepig

It's on the SEC Network+ live, starting at 12.

go hogues

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 06, 2017, 10:17:25 am
Hope the media is in a roasting kind of mood.
Lol. They'd all have to change their career-long personalities in less than 48 hours, if so.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SDZ_Hog

Where can we get our CBB Monday presser bingo cards?

jgphillips3

It should be interesting to see what the snowflake bristles at this time. 

Personally I would love to hear these questions asked:

1) how can the team keep being reported to "have a good week of preparation" over and over yet look so completely ill prepared on the field?

Follow up:

2) do you think the staff is misjudging what is "good preparation" or do you think the players are not a) capable of doing what you ask or b) are not competent enough to do what you asked?

3) if they are competent and capable, is it instead the coaching you and the staff are giving them that makes them look ill prepared?

For a $4 million dollar a year job, I think those are reasonable and not overly insulting questions to get to the bottom of why the team keeps looking like it does.

Marshfieldhog

Here is the questions our weak media will ask.

1. How do you feel now with a 2 game winning streak?
2. Who did you vote for in the coaches poll this week?
3. What do you think about LSU?
4. Two great comebacks coach. How do you feel about those?

That's about it.  :puke:

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 06, 2017, 10:46:11 am

1) how can the team keep being reported to "have a good week of preparation" over and over yet look so completely ill prepared on the field?

Follow up:

2) do you think the staff is misjudging what is "good preparation" or do you think the players are not a) capable of doing what you ask or b) are not competent enough to do what you asked?

3) if they are competent and capable, is it instead the coaching you and the staff are giving them that makes them look ill prepared?

For a $4 million dollar a year job, I think those are reasonable and not overly insulting questions to get to the bottom of why the team keeps looking like it does.
These are more than fair questions.  The nonsense about "good preparation" has to stop.  They were obviously not prepared to play Saturday.  At the very least they were not emotionally prepared to play.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 06, 2017, 10:54:47 am
These are more than fair questions.  The nonsense about "good preparation" has to stop.  They were obviously not prepared to play Saturday.  At the very least they were not emotionally prepared to play.

Santos Ramirez said that "the team" thought they would be able to dominate this team.  Does that sound like "good preparation"?  Barely beating Ole Miss and your team Captain goes into the game feeling this way.  If that was my team, I would have ripped their ass, then built them back up and told them to go out there and kill that team...not leave them thinking they could dominate.

moses_007

They know in their own minds that the Bielema era is all but over, and they're playing like they're at his funeral.

hobhog

Follow up:

You're so brave. What a waste of journalism doing what you do instead....

jgphillips3

Quote from: hobhog on November 06, 2017, 11:22:36 am
You're so brave. What a waste of journalism doing what you do instead....

Pray tell, what do you find inappropriate to ask of a professional making $4 million a year about those questions? 

If it helps you any, I'm an attorney and ask questions for a living so my talents aren't really wasted.  But thank you for your concern. 😉

Lady Razorback

Follow up:

I really like these questions.  While I don't find them likely to be asked, I would LOVE to know the answers. 

cal34

What's that medallion Bert has around his neck?  He's really styling today.

AFWarrior83

Ask him if he plans on returning the paychecks he and his staff have not earned the past 12+ months..
Hogville member since 2005.

cal34

He said hopefully we're gonna have a great week of preparation lol.

cal34

He appreciates all the people who stayed and saw a good game in the end and the celebration.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: cal34 on November 06, 2017, 12:08:54 pm
He said hopefully we're gonna have a great week of preparation lol.
They always do because all of the players they practice against are also coached by Bielema.

cal34

He seems to be in good spirits today.

AirWarren

Quote from: cal34 on November 06, 2017, 12:12:33 pm
He appreciates all the people who stayed and saw a good game in the end and the celebration.

Haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: cal34 on November 06, 2017, 12:17:13 pm
He seems to be in good spirits today.

Why wouldn't he be?

He knows he has one more year.

cal34

Quote from: AP85 on November 06, 2017, 12:19:53 pm
Why wouldn't he be?

He knows he has one more year.

Probably so.  His face is really red. Tanning booth? Windburn?

AirWarren

Quote from: cal34 on November 06, 2017, 12:21:15 pm
Probably so.  His face is really red. Tanning booth? Windburn?

Stress. Weight gain.

If anything he needs to take a year off and get his life under control.

cal34

Quote from: AP85 on November 06, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
Stress. Weight gain.

No doubt.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Next1_04

Hammonds had Knee surgery in August that caused first 2-3 games missed. Then had foot stepped on missed additional 2 games.

Marshfieldhog

Nothing like celebrating a 1 point  win over a winless Sun Belt team

010HogFan

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 06, 2017, 12:25:36 pm
Hammonds had Knee surgery in August that caused first 2-3 games missed. Then had foot stepped on missed additional 2 games.

NHJMSU

code red

Seriously, I can't watch bc at work.  Did he really say that?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jdelo77

It's just like one person we all know/knew that we worked with , they come in late leave early and are just plain lazy yet , they never get in trouble or fired because they are friends with the boss ..

moses_007

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/live-updates-arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-press-conference

Bielema said he didn't notice the poor crowd size.  Hell, a blind man could have seen that..........

cal34

Quote from: code red on November 06, 2017, 12:45:47 pm
Seriously, I can't watch bc at work.  Did he really say that?

Yes he did.  A reporter asked him how the players felt about the stands being empty or something along those lines.

cal34

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 12:52:37 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/live-updates-arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-press-conference

He said something towards the end of it like coaches correcting things through recruiting.  I wasn't really paying attention by then.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 06, 2017, 11:34:56 am
Pray tell, what do you find inappropriate to ask of a professional making $4 million a year about those questions? 

If it helps you any, I'm an attorney and ask questions for a living so my talents aren't really wasted.  But thank you for your concern. 😉

LOL, yes but the questions you ask are intended to make you a lot of money.  If you really ask those questions at the press conference your personal office stuff would be sttting outside when you got back to the office. 

cal34

Bielema said he didn't notice the poor crowd size.  Hell, a blind man could have seen that..........

Yeah,  it was a long answer he gave them.  The good game in the end and celebration part was at the end of his response.

DeltaBoy

More lies and other nonsense.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 06, 2017, 12:25:36 pm

So a player can play reciever with knee surgery a sore foot?  What did I miss here?

Dwight_K_Shrute

jst01

It'd be easy to be in good spirits when your Merrill Lynch monthly wealth statement shows a total balance with 8 digits in it.

cal34

He also said they were highly coachable.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

jacobp

It's a predictable answer. He says anything about the crowd size and hogville would be all over his ass for ripping the fans

AirWarren

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: AP85 on November 06, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
Stress. Weight gain.

Actually, this can be his out to save his reputation.

Get diagnosed for an eating disorder, negotiate a reduced buyout in exchange for his resignation, get rehab to lose a bunch of weight. Then spin it so that his performance was a result of his "problem" which is now "fixed".

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: AP85 on November 06, 2017, 01:14:36 pm
65,000 in attendance.

I'm sure all he saw were the ticket sales number he and Jeff were looking at before the game.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 06, 2017, 01:17:25 pm
Actually, this can be his out to save his reputation.

Get diagnosed for an eating disorder, negotiate a reduced buyout in exchange for his resignation, get rehab to lose a bunch of weight. Then spin it so that his performance was a result of his "problem" which is now "fixed".

Isn't it funny how that works with the public about 100% of the time.  We are very forgiving....as long as he resigns.

Marshfieldhog

What an idiot, that East side he was starting at the whole game. There was more empty seats than full seats on that side.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 06, 2017, 01:19:56 pm
Isn't it funny how that works with the public about 100% of the time.  We are very forgiving....as long as he resigns.

Good enough for one last chance. Some bottom level program like K State that would have trouble attracting a good coach and might as well roll the dice on someome who is undervalued but has a solid history like B.