Bo: This is not fixable

Started by Salted Pork, November 05, 2017, 01:37:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Salted Pork

I think this game convinced Bo that Bret is done:

https://www.facebook.com/SportsTalkwithBo/videos/1539699709429025/

His show will be interesting on Monday.

moses_007

It is fixable, but not with our current coaching staff.  IMHO, Dan Enos is the only member of this staff worth retaining.  Paul Rhoads is a miserable defensive coordinator. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 01:38:09 am
It is fixable, but not with our current coaching staff.  IMHO, Dan Enos is the only member of this staff worth retaining.  Paul Rhoads is a miserable defensive coordinator. 

What has Enos showed that makes him retainable?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

31to6

moses_007

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 01:46:01 am
None of them will be retained!  Coaches take their staffs with them....  new Head Hog next season will bring his whole crew with him!
That's true, but I believe Enos could fix the offense if coach would just turn it totally over to him. 

Matt Burks

Bo has been the last hold out and I think it's because they got too close as friends. Bo produced the Being Bret Bielema show, and 2 weeks ago on his radio show when they picked their college game predictions - Bo strangely decided to pick Memphis to lose. He talked down Memphis, almost hoping they'd lose for more reasons than just to win the college football game predictions contest amongst his radio co-hosts and Mike from Stuttgart. It was almost as if he's hearing all about the Norvell to Arkansas from fans, and maybe even people with UA connections, and is hoping for Norvell to fail and Bielema to prevail. Not that I can blame anyone for pulling for their buddy, but I think even Bo knows now that the ship has sailed and Bielema is done here. It's no longer plausible to show hope in the Bielema leadership and it is not in Bo's best interest to stay supportive from a radio show perspective.

parallaxpig

I guess season two of Fire Bret Bielema is off the table.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The_Iceman

Mike Norvell or Chad Morris could fix it. Just not this staff.

gmarv

I would like to see Lunney stay, the rest need to go.

DeltaBoy

More Blood in the Water!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Iceman

November 05, 2017, 07:23:56 am #11 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:54:23 pm by The_Iceman
Quote from: gmarv on November 05, 2017, 07:20:20 am

Have no problem with Lunney. But new coach should be able to choose entire staff.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: gmarv on November 05, 2017, 07:20:20 am

Just as soon see all of them gone

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 05, 2017, 01:37:33 am

Bo and his crew of cronies laughed at CC on Friday.  All of Bo's staff predicted it was going to be a  blow out.   They were laughing on their show at the comments made by the CC interim HC when he said they were horrible and had no chance at beating Arkansas.  He was baiting us and almost got away with it.

Bo can be so immature and unprofessional on his show but it is his show.  But at other times he does a very professional job especially with his interviews.  So it is a mixed bag. 

007 License To Squeal

"This is a bad team"!     Wow!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Danny J

I don't care who they hire as long as he brings a defensive philosophy that rushes more than your down lineman, doesn't  play 5-10 yards of receivers, linebackers that drop into coverage, 2 deep safeties that still get beat deep and gives up big plays. We had one half of 1 year of good defense in what seems like 10 years and I can't take much more of it. Our defense last night was as bad as I have ever seen a defense. We have 11 sacks through 9 games and that is inexcusable especially with multiple 4 and one 5 star lineman on our front.

Bend but don't break works ok when you can keep everything in front of you, make tackles immediately and force a mediocre offense into making a mistake. We can't keep guys in front of us and we can't tackle. Our safety play is atrocious. Sure we make a play every once in a while but that doesn't even come close to out weighing the bad.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 05, 2017, 05:25:52 am
Mike Norvell or Chad Morris could fix it. Just not this staff.

Kiffin. He is already doing a great job of turning around a problem built on Bielema's culture. Partridge was HC there the last 3 years.

FAU currently has 6 wins. Something that hasn't been done since 2008. If Kiffin wins 2 more games it will be the most D1 wins in FAU history.

Kiffin's name would allow us to recruit at a level we haven't seen before.

ricepig

Quote from: Danny J on November 05, 2017, 07:57:19 am
I don't care who they hire as long as he brings a defensive philosophy that rushes more than your down lineman, plays 5-10 yards of receivers, drops into coverage, 2 deep safeties that still get beat deep and gives up big plays. We had one half of 1 year of good defense in what seems like 10 years and I can't take much more of it. Our defense last night was as bad as I have ever seen a defense. We have 11 sacks through 9 games and that is inexcusable especially with multiple 4 and one 5 star lineman on our front.

Whomever the coach is next year needs to rescind all offers to offensive recruits and sign 25 guys to play defense. We need to be able to stop someone.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 08:03:19 am
Whomever the coach is next year needs to rescind all offers to offensive recruits and sign 25 guys to play defense. We need to be able to stop someone.

First thing they should do is put the d line on weight watchers. We are too big and slow. A little more speed would make a lot of difference.

hog.goblin

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 01:48:21 am

He did great things with Brandon Allen and a good job with the development of Austin & Cole.  If I was a head coach I would consider him for a QB coach.

mlloyd4

The situation has gotten worse even though the team won the last two games.
Seriously, that's the situation we are in.
LOL. WPS!
WPS

Ham Ham Pigelow

November 05, 2017, 08:55:48 am #22 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:25:47 am by Ham Ham Pigelow
Quote from: bacon&eggs on November 05, 2017, 08:12:25 am
The situation has gotten worse even though the team won the last two games.
Seriously, that's the situation we are in.
LOL. WPS!

Most embarrassing two-game winning streak in Arkansas history!

Ironhawg

This is significant.  Bo has been a huge supporter of Bielema. 

Danny J

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 08:03:19 am
We need more QB's...I would fill the remaining 10 spots with pocket passers.

JayHog

Defense wins games. And we don't have one. Fix the defense first or all the pocket passers in the world won't matter.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 01:38:09 am
Agreed.  Enos proved he was a good OC when we had a decent OL.  There's a reason Saban was reportedly interested in him for OC. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 05, 2017, 03:27:54 pm
Agreed.  Enos proved he was a good OC when we had a decent OL.  There's a reason Saban was reportedly interested in him for OC. 

That's where l expect him to end up once it's done. You think Bama is good now wait till he takes over their offense. You'll see blowouts of epic proportion.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

HoggyCat

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 01:48:21 am

I think Enos is overruled. Listen to Bert's presser from yesterday. "It was my decision to stay conventional instead of uptempo. And we scored." Rather Nuttish.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ChicoHog

Quote from: JayHog on November 05, 2017, 09:26:20 am
Defense wins games. And we don't have one. Fix the defense first or all the pocket passers in the world won't matter.
I agree.  Need athletes on defense and you can teach offense.  Except I would love an athletic dual threat QB ala Brandon Winbush, Kelly Bryant, Jalen Hurts, etc.,  They can be average passers but as long as they can run and scramble I'm good with it. 

lakecityhog

We have a DT QB on campus right now, De'vion Warren. A guy like Norvell would sure make Bohannon's recruitment a lot more interesting.

3kgthog

There goes Bo's Christmas card from the Bielemas.

ChicoHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 05, 2017, 04:53:19 pm
We have a DT QB on campus right now, De'vion Warren. A guy like Norvell would sure make Bohannon's recruitment a lot more interesting.
He's too small.  Need a bigger guy to see over line of scrimmage.  I like Warren as an athlete though. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 08:07:13 am
First thing they should do is put the d line on weight watchers. We are too big and slow. A little more speed would make a lot of difference.

Depends if we are staying with the 3-4.  If so, we have to recruit to it.  I think we stick with it given where offenses are going.  But it may take a few classes to get the personnel and depth for it in the front 7. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 05:16:22 pm
Depends if we are staying with the 3-4.  If so, we have to recruit to it.  I think we stick with it given where offenses are going.  But it may take a few classes to get the personnel and depth for it in the front 7. 
It doesn't matter what scheme you're you're providing. The defense needs to get faster. I have a sneaky suspicion that might have to do something with the strength and conditioning program. I know it's offensive line was huffing and puffing yesterday.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 05, 2017, 04:06:46 pm
That's where l expect him to end up once it's done. You think Bama is good now wait till he takes over their offense. You'll see blowouts of epic proportion.

Yep, I think Enos is better than we are seeing. He is a victim of this train wreck and there is not a lot he can do. Give him the right pieces and he can get it done but it won't be here.

CBB will end up somewhere because he has 3 straight Rose Bowls. It won't be at a P5 school because of his tenure here.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 05, 2017, 07:59:49 am
Kiffin. He is already doing a great job of turning around a problem built on Bielema's culture. Partridge was HC there the last 3 years.

FAU currently has 6 wins. Something that hasn't been done since 2008. If Kiffin wins 2 more games it will be the most D1 wins in FAU history.

Kiffin's name would allow us to recruit at a level we haven't seen before.

I think he is a spoiled jerk.. but the last jerk we had did well, so....  I'd be OK with LK though he wouldn't be my first choice.. he's definitely been around the SEC and knows what it takes...

twistitup

Quote from: farfromgroovins on November 06, 2017, 02:11:34 am
Yep, I think Enos is better than we are seeing. He is a victim of this train wreck and there is not a lot he can do. Give him the right pieces and he can get it done but it won't be here.
What happened at CMU?

Let me guess...not the right pieces
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

farfromgroovins

Quote from: twistitup on November 06, 2017, 05:22:51 am
What happened at CMU?

Let me guess...not the right pieces

At CMU, probably no pieces but I agree he didn't set it on fire there. He has proven an efficient offense here but that could have just been a flash (B Allen, Henry, Morgan) rather than the norm.
I'm not saying keep him by any means.

hoglady

Clean house and let the new coach choose his own staff.
He may retain a few current coaches or not.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 05, 2017, 04:12:40 pm
I think Enos is overruled. Listen to Bert's presser from yesterday. "It was my decision to stay conventional instead of uptempo. And we scored." Rather Nuttish.

He showed he HDN 2.0 except with Nutt Hammonds would have gotten 30 carries.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

online-with-swine

This is fixable but can't be done in short order.  CBB wanted to build depth by decreased attrition.  Problem is one needs to make sure that those players can be developed into starters or talented back ups.  We have either failed to develope these players or recruited so poorly that they were never Going to contribute.  Unfortunately, instead of jettisoning these players to get degrees at other places, we kept them around hoping a light would turn on.  So, here we are with dead wood on the roster and an upcoming recruiting of maybe only 15 kids.  Whoever comes in will be hamstrung by this.

hoglady

Bo is still clinging to some hope that if we happen to win a couple of more games and get bowl eligible that Bielema will show he's turned it around and can stay.
Bielema getting another win or 2 changes nothing.
He's an incompetent coach putting a terrible team on the field - this season is toast and has been for a while.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

twistitup

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 10:52:32 am
Bo is still clinging to some hope that if we happen to win a couple of more games and get bowl eligible that Bielema will show he's turned it around and can stay.
Bielema getting another win or 2 changes nothing.
He's an incompetent coach putting a terrible team on the field - this season is toast and has been for a while.

It's just bad football, Bo has to know that. I know he is best buds with CBB but he still needs to be honest about the product being put on the field.

Bo can see how bad of a football team we are.... or he might need another telephone book to sit on so he can get a better view.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dropkick

None of them will be retained!  Coaches take their staffs with them....  new Head Hog next season will bring his whole crew with him!
I think you will see at least one retained initially to try and hold together the recruiting class. I believe it will be Lunney.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 06, 2017, 10:04:39 am
This is fixable but can’t be done in short order.  CBB wanted to build depth by decreased attrition.  Problem is one needs to make sure that those players can be developed into starters or talented back ups.  We have either failed to develope these players or recruited so poorly that they were never Going to contribute.  Unfortunately, instead of jettisoning these players to get degrees at other places, we kept them around hoping a light would turn on.  So, here we are with dead wood on the roster and an upcoming recruiting of maybe only 15 kids.  Whoever comes in will be hamstrung by this.

It's the perfect year to change coaches, only 15 players in the class means the new coach doesn't have to scramble to get a full class in.

rzrbackhogfan

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 05, 2017, 01:37:33 am

Is there any question we need a change??
AR State beat this team 51 - 17
Texas State beat them 27 - 7
Western IL beat them 52 - 10
Come on!!!  beating this team by 1 is a JOKE!!!  That was a loss for us!!! 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 05, 2017, 07:23:56 am
Have no problem with Lunney. But new coach should be able to choose entire staff.

Yep, good HC's if they have no connection to a program either keep an assistant that does or finds one that does but has to completely be their decision. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Not always everyone. Especially if they don't get another job themselves in a decent timeframe.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

farfromgroovins

Quote from: rzrbackhogfan on November 06, 2017, 01:51:43 pm
Is there any question we need a change??
AR State beat this team 51 - 17
Texas State beat them 27 - 7
Western IL beat them 52 - 10
Come on!!!  beating this team by 1 is a JOKE!!!  That was a loss for us!!!

That is pretty disgusting. How many coaches' seats do you know that got hotter after winning 2 games?

I've wondered if this was talent or coaches but after this game I don't see how it can't all be on the coaches. Just being in the SEC almost guarantees better athletes than Coastal Carolina even if you are sleepwalking during recruiting. And CC made the Hogs look very weak. At the least it should have been line up and out muscle them. Staff is either failing to motivate or putting them in position to fail. Thank God for TJ Hammonds!