Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Frost, UCF

Started by Hogindasticks, November 17, 2017, 12:56:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

Where do I start with Frost? How about the fact that he was the offensive guru behind Marcus Mariota's Heisman Trophy campaign in 2014? Still think that was just a product of Oregon? OK, what about the fact that in his second season after inheriting 0-12 UCF, Frost is currently leading the No. 1 scoring offense in America? Want me to stop asking questions?

Hogindasticks

Mariota was a dual threat quarterback......I like the sound of this....anyone seen any footage from them this  year?

RazorPiggie

We have a page for Coaching Candidates

Hogindasticks

Why Scott Frost should be just as coveted as Tom Herman was for any SEC coaching vacancy

In the first College Football Playoff National Championship Game, two young, offensive wizards stood on opposite sidelines.

One was 39-year-old Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman. His meteoric rise in the coaching profession hit new heights when third-string Buckeye quarterback Cardale Jones led the Buckeyes to dominant showings in the Big Ten Championship and in the College Football Playoff semifinal against Alabama.

The other coach was 40-year-old Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost. After becoming a staple on Chip Kelly's staff, Frost stayed under Mark Helfrich to lead the Ducks' high-powered attack. In the second year of the post-Kelly era, Frost led the No. 4 offense in the country and was the mastermind behind Marcus Mariota's Heisman Trophy season.

Herman's offense won a shootout that night, and Herman got his first gig as a head coach at Houston. Frost, meanwhile, waited another year before he also left to take over an American Athletic Conference program.

After two seasons at Houston, Herman became the most coveted head coach candidate in America. LSU swung and missed on a chance to land Herman, and he went to Texas. Had there been more SEC openings, Herman would've had even more interest.

This offseason, there could be plenty of SEC jobs available. The likes of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M could all have vacancies.

They'd be wise not to whiff on Frost.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 17, 2017, 12:59:56 pm
We have a page for Coaching Candidates

This.

Starting to think we need a forum for AD candidates as well..

The Hawg Marshal

Lots of people think Frost is a great coach. There's a whole board about it.

The Hawg Marshal

Lars Anderson‏Verified account @LarsAnderson71
4h4 hours ago

Not a breaking-news guy, but hearing a lot of heavy breathing on Nebraska coaching front: Scott Frost to NU for 7 years, $35 mil is "close."
117 replies 604 retweets 867 likes

Pork Twain

There is talk of wanting a coach that sees Arkansas as a destination job (Norvell, Strong, Gus) and is not looking to leave (Frost) when their actual destination job opens up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/