Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spill the beans...who is it? (AD)

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 09:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

It's clear the flood gates are open and leaks galore are happening. Who is the new AD?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Roaringboar

Quote from: mj4president on November 16, 2017, 09:24:29 pm
It's clear the flood gates are open and leaks galore are happening. Who is the new AD?

It's me......I'm the new AD......sorry for delaying the P.C......I just didn't want to ruin the surprise.......SURPRISE!!!!!
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 16, 2017, 09:25:59 pm
Dr. Shrimp Puerto Rico, AD
I confirm this as a Facebook friend to his sisters roommates cousins third marriages fatherlaws old army buddie from his niece's side... Twice removed.

Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DeltaBoy

I don't know but we will have one by Monday!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NuttinItUp

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 16, 2017, 10:24:21 pm
Delta for AD.

Delta that carpetbagger... probably from somewhere north or Magnolia. That is almost Yankee country.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 16, 2017, 10:39:26 pm
Delta that carpetbagger... probably from somewhere north or Magnolia. That is almost Yankee country.

Just messing with you Delta.

snoblind

Hawg Life

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 11:09:56 pm
New AD is from Pennsylvania.

New coach is from Texas, played @ UCA, and currently coaches @ Memphis.

snoblind

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 11:17:00 pm

I'm willing to take that chance.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 11:17:00 pm
I hope so!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 11:09:56 pm
New AD is from Pennsylvania.
You may be right, and you'll get lots of love on here if you are. If you're wrong, show up like a man and admit you were indeed way off on it. Too often guarantees turn out wrong on here and then are labeled "a fluid situation." So here's your chance, if you believe Varady is more like 70% to be named AD, then say it now.

SooieGeneris

Some say Varady. Others say, no, he wouldn't interview while JL was still here. Could he not have been interviewed today?

He has been on the Hill for years, is there that much of a need for an extensive interview?

Some say Kevin Scanlon. The interviewer would not have to go very far..

I would be ok with either as long as they have demonstrated knowledge of the buick sized NCAA rule book and can handle both the business and personal aspects of the job.

Tuberville. UGH! No thanks. Is he even qualified to be an AD? Not that anyone knows of. But, but, but, he wants the job... if that's the only requirement, plenty on this board would take it.

I'd take it for half what Long was making.. just give me Sexton's number..

Some of the names being thrown around are absurd and have only slightly better chances than you or I.

I have heard Mack Rhoades name, but how long would he stay, he seems like the Petrino of ADs as far as longevity.

Just make a good hire and send Butter Bean on his way..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

moses_007

The coach is clearly Gus, but the AD is still a little uncertain.  I think it is Tommy, but don't know for certain. I wonder if Bobby Allen might be under consideration?  He's been with the program seemingly forever....

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 12:26:38 am
The coach is clearly Gus, but the AD is still a little uncertain.  I think it is Tommy, but don't know for certain. I wonder if Bobby Allen might be under consideration?  He's been with the program seemingly forever....

Ugh not Allen. Not as AD

moses_007

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 17, 2017, 12:38:56 am
Ugh not Allen. Not as AD
We may think that, but I bet the GOBN and BOT love the guy. 

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 12:43:15 am
We may think that, but I bet the GOBN and BOT love the guy.

Yeah and the gobn needs to stay far away.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigDeal

On a more serious note the new AD has not been picked opposite of what you been told. There are some names in the hat. 2 which are very good choice but one the best choice because he's a lifelong hog fan and knows the system
I thank you.

moses_007

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 17, 2017, 12:46:06 am
Yeah and the gobn needs to stay far away.
The GOBN was reborn yesterday.  They went on the sideline for 10 years, but they're back in power.

ShadowTheHedgehog

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 12:57:09 am
The GOBN was reborn yesterday.  They went on the sideline for 10 years, but they're back in power.

Most of the old gobn did not have the luxury of waitting ten years. I don't know if I buy this.

moses_007

sickboy

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 01:13:12 am
Looks like Mitch and Gus are being reunited again on the Hill..... wow..........

Yeah, looks like it. Guessing that Gus to Arkansas is as close to a closed deal as can be at this point.

moses_007

Let's see who it could be.

1.  Tommy Tuberville.
2.  Kevin Scanlon
3.  Kevin Trainor
4.  Bobby Allen
5.  Chuck Dicas
6.  Jimmy Johnson
7.  Kenny Hatfield
8.  Terry Don Phillips
9.  Bill Montgomery
10. Quinn Grovey
11. Sidney Moncrief
12. Rick Shaeffer

Who else might be on this list?  Know I've forgotten someone.........

Dominicanhog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 03:33:18 am
Let's see who it could be.

1.  Tommy Tuberville.
2.  Kevin Scanlon
3.  Kevin Trainor
4.  Bobby Allen
5.  Chuck Dicas
6.  Jimmy Johnson
7.  Kenny Hatfield
8.  Terry Don Phillips
9.  Bill Montgomery
10. Quinn Grovey
11. Sidney Moncrief
12. Rick Shaeffer

Who else might be on this list?  Know I've forgotten someone.........

how about Daly, he's shown the ability to raise and distribute money...

IronMountainHog

It's either Art Vandalay or Todd Gack

rusvegashog

rusvegashog

Serious question because I truly don't know. What is the appeal of Tommy T for AD other than being from here?

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Chop1034

I know some of y'all don't wanna even think about this but Mohjar at Arkansas State is a great AD. He had Miami coming to Jonesboro, which might not seem like a big deal to you, but to us in Jonesboro unbelievable.He has hit home runs with every single hire, especially football. He has raised tons of money and elevated the athletic department to hights previously thought unreachable. I think eventually he's gonna go to a bigger job, just because he deserves it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a look.

Athog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 12:26:38 am

LOL ...so being with the program forever is the criteria??

Junkyard Hog

I just Steven Hill and he said Ray Biggers would be announced in 10-12 days.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

bville_hog

snoblind

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on November 16, 2017, 11:56:39 pm
You may be right, and you'll get lots of love on here if you are. If you're wrong, show up like a man and admit you were indeed way off on it. Too often guarantees turn out wrong on here and then are labeled "a fluid situation." So here's your chance, if you believe Varady is more like 70% to be named AD, then say it now.

I haven't guaranteed anything. 

I posted I have been told that Kevin Scanlon has been offered the position and it is his job to turn down in Porked's it's a done deal thread.  I didn't make or receive offer and I wasn't there so why would I guarantee anything? 

Same source told me JL as gone when over half the board guaranteed that nothing was happening to him and lectured the rest of the board on being so stupid to think anything would happen. 

And I know that the source was part of a 3 year effort to remove JL and it was pretty apparent to anyone paying attention.  Not a midnight coup done in the middle of the night when no one as looking as some are claiming.

So excuse me if I happen to believe him on this.  Like I said when I originally posted, we will see.  Why would I give a damn what most here think? 

RME

mj4president

Quote from: snoblind on November 17, 2017, 10:28:02 am
I haven't guaranteed anything. 

I posted I have been told that Kevin Scanlon has been offered the position and it is his job to turn down in Porked's it's a done deal thread.  I didn't make or receive offer and I wasn't there so why would I guarantee anything? 

Same source told me JL as gone when over half the board guaranteed that nothing was happening to him and lectured the rest of the board on being so stupid to think anything would happen. 

And I know that the source was been part of a 3 year effort to remove JL and it was pretty apparent to anyone paying attention.  Not a midnight coup done in the middle of the night when no one as looking as some are claiming.

So excuse me if I happen to believe him on this.  Like I said when I originally posted, we will see.  Why would I give a damn what most here think? 

Who started the push 3 years ago and why?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

snoblind

Quote from: mj4president on November 17, 2017, 10:32:42 am
Who started the push 3 years ago and why?

Wouldn't post names if I knew.  That's up to them.  I know some involved and know of others because of them.  Once again, up to them.  But I've seen references to reasons, situations, and individuals on this board.   

Tusks

Anybody that knows Mitch, can you see him getting into coaching ?  It's been said he's a different kind of dude, not a bad thing but talk of special forces and stuff like that.

Anybody think he has a desire to coach?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The Hawg Marshal

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Chop1034 on November 17, 2017, 06:27:07 am
I know some of y'all don't wanna even think about this but Mohjar at Arkansas State is a great AD. He had Miami coming to Jonesboro, which might not seem like a big deal to you, but to us in Jonesboro unbelievable.He has hit home runs with every single hire, especially football. He has raised tons of money and elevated the athletic department to hights previously thought unreachable. I think eventually he's gonna go to a bigger job, just because he deserves it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a look.
He hired Harsin who was ok and Anderson who is ok. What's so great about him?

SDZ_Hog

ipigsooie

The Stephens limo just picked Scanlon up from downtown.  Headed for the airport to fly out today. Will be announced Monday.

Well...thats my guess 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 17, 2017, 10:57:32 am
The Stephens limo just picked Scanlon up from downtown.  Headed for the airport to fly out today. Will be announced Monday.

Well...thats my guess 
As solid as anything else reported so far.

elksnort