Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surpassed 3000 sigs For Slobbering Hog!

Started by NuttinItUp, December 10, 2017, 10:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

December 10, 2017, 10:01:43 pm Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:19:08 pm by NuttinItUp
3000 sigs surpassed on the Slobbering Hog petition around an hour ago!

Let's get to 5000 sigs!   Will be presented to the U of A administration when the petition completes.

GHG!

https://www.change.org/p/university-of-arkansas-athletic-department-bring-back-slobbering-hog/nftexp/ex42/v5/841619279

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 10, 2017, 10:01:43 pm
3000 sigs surpassed on the Slobbering Hog petition!

Let's get to 5000 sigs!   Will be presented to the U of A administration when the petition completes.

GHG!

https://www.change.org/p/university-of-arkansas-athletic-department-bring-back-slobbering-hog/nftexp/ex42/v5/841619279

Just a quick question, if the players were polled and asked if they would like the slobbering Hog or the current one, and they all really wanted to keep the modern logo. Would you still push this?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 10:06:36 pm
Just a quick question, if the players were polled and asked if they would like the slobbering Hog or the current one, and they all really wanted to keep the modern logo. Would you still push this?

Yes, Slobbering Hog, all the way!

We need to get this to the new AD.

Tradition!

dibuzop

Slobber Hog!

Should be #1 priority for new AD!

greenEGnHAWGS

I think I'll just agree to disagree on the Slobbering Hog. I love the giant modern one we have.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

snoblind

Tradition?  The classic hog has been the primary logo since 1967.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

kodiakisland

Could be Porky Pig for all I care.  Just win games!
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

NuttinItUp

Quote from: snoblind on December 10, 2017, 10:24:49 pm
Tradition?  The classic hog has been the primary logo since 1967.

I know the Slobbering Hog came across from Barnhill to Bud Walton in 1993....I am not sure how long it was at at Barnhill for....Around 30 years or so....

So,  TRADITION takes it from 1960s until the removal in 2010s...

We need to get Slobbering Hog Back!!

VirginiaHog

Just say no.to slobbering hog. Looks like a cartoon character.

snoblind

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 10, 2017, 10:38:32 pm
I know the Slobbering Hog came across from Barnhill to Bud Walton in 1993....I am not sure how long it was at at Barnhill for....Around 30 years or so....

So,  TRADITION takes it from 1960s until the removal in 2010s...

We need to get Slobbering Hog Back!!

My first game in Barnhill was 75 or so.  I don't remember it.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 10, 2017, 10:42:37 pm
Just say no.to slobbering hog. Looks like a cartoon character.

Same here. Our current logo looks sharp and I love how massive it is on our court.

Pork Twain

Hopefully they require 100,000 signatures before they take it seriously
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nightrider388

Wow what a ridiculous write up about why it was changed. The crap about Jeff Long is absurd. The more modern looks much better 

colbs

I like the Slobberin' big but I like the current one too.  I'm not sure using the actual Hog logo is "breaking tradition".  Would using the Slobbering hog over the Hog that was before "breaking tradition"?

jvanhorn

Quote from: dibuzop on December 10, 2017, 10:21:43 pm
Slobber Hog!

Should be #1 priority for new AD!

No the priority is to get rid of that butt ugly front facing red wolf hog.  Then, after the return of the slobberin hog,  the return of popcorn hog!! And all will be well in Hogville.

010HogFan

Slobberin Hog was the spirit of Bud Walton, hasn't really felt the same since they took it away.

hawgmasta

I think it would be cool if they could bring it back for big games; but I like the current one.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hopeful Hog

Augustus

I actually never was a fan of the slobberin hog.

LOL and that tear you went on about Jeff Long... goodness gracious

Pork Twain

December 11, 2017, 02:00:43 am #22 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:22:59 am by Pork Twain
I am up to three signatures and rolling strong.  I am about to use my turn signal, smog, smoothly merge into the left lane and drop the hammer.  That's right! It's Hammer Time!

https://www.change.org/p/university-of-arkansas-athletic-department-do-not-bring-back-the-slobbering-hog

TrueBlue

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 02:00:43 am
I am up to three signatures and rolling strong.  I am about to use my turn signal, smog, smoothly merge into the left lane and drop the hammer.  That's right! It's Hammer Time!

https://www.change.org/p/university-of-arkansas-athletic-department-do-not-bring-back-the-slobbering-hog

NO comparison. Slobbering Hog is ridiculous looking. The current court is sharp and consistent with marketing.

BTW - NEVER, I MEAN NEVER consider bringing back Popcorn Hog either.

KLINGON HOG - you are next on the kill list!

bob slydell

If I were inclined to push for a change of any kind, it would be to get rid of the current font before worrying about the logo. 

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Wmhog

mhsbc59

Nolan Richerdson Court first then bring back slobberin
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Kevin

big thing I notice is the change in red. long just changed everything.

bring back the barnhill red, and slobberin hog

get rid of front facing hog.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Laughing Hog

My vote would be to just add slobber to the current hog and call it good. The old caricature is, well, old. Today's version is sleek and fast looking, just need to add some good ole' slobber.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

rickm1976

I watched countless games in Barnhill from the time of the Triplets on, and never noticed the hog was slobbering.  Now that I compare the two, I think the current one looks more serious, and is just fine.  Let's find something more important to debate about.  This movement to restore the slobbering hog sounds more like a trivial way to get a dig in at Jeff Long than wanting to change something for the better.  Who cares?

010HogFan

HogFansReunited

Has anyone started a petition to bring back Coke products yet?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

a0ashle

Sorry, I know there is a lot of nostalgia for the slobbering hog, however it looks it's age. It's had its time, and I think we are best served with our modern hog, and maybe offering more throwback apparel with the slobbering hog.

a0ashle

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 11, 2017, 09:00:09 am
the red on the court now looks pink
That's the reflection of the screen or the ribbon screens.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 11, 2017, 09:05:25 am

Now this man understands what it takes to win. Did anyone notice when we switched to Pepsi we struggled?

rickm1976

Now this is one movement I can really get behind.  Having Coke should be a given.

Sivad

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 10:24:22 pm
I think I'll just agree to disagree on the Slobbering Hog. I love the giant modern one we have.

SemperHawg

I don't care which Hog logo they use, but Nolan Richardson's name damn sure should be on the court next to which ever one.

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 10:24:22 pm
Concur. I think our court looks great!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

Hog N Bama

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 02:00:43 am

Which court would recruits like to see when visiting? Which court would fans like to see while watching the game? I think our current look is great. Not a fan of the old outdated one. But that's just me. 
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

jvanhorn

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 11, 2017, 10:59:08 am
Now this is one movement I can really get behind.  Having Coke should be a given.

Which part of the administration signed a 10 year contract with Pepsi for the whole campus do you not comprehend?   Sign all the petitions you want.  Nothing happens until that contract expires--and then there will be a bidding process again.  Coke, evidently, did not want to be here as bad as Pepsi.  I don't think the athletic had or has any say in this matter.  Strictly a business decision with the highest bidder winning.

factchecker

Send the petition to Coke and tell them to outbid Pepsi.

The reason why The University of Arkansas signed a CAMPUS WIDE contract with Pepsi was the million dollar payout.

OR

You can start a gofundme to buy out the contract. $20 million would be a good goal.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 11, 2017, 01:55:28 pm
Which part of the administration signed a 10 year contract with Pepsi for the whole campus do you not comprehend?   Sign all the petitions you want.  Nothing happens until that contract expires--and then there will be a bidding process again.  Coke, evidently, did not want to be here as bad as Pepsi.  I don't think the athletic had or has any say in this matter.  Strictly a business decision with the highest bidder winning.

The University of Arkansas is nothing to these fans.  They don't understand that the campus has to make decisions based on the financial benefits for their staff and students.  The million dollar contract that Pepsi offered was much more valuable than appeasing some fatass with his favorite soda for a couple games a year.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

AFWarrior83

I would love having slobbering hog back on the b-ball court!
Hogville member since 2005.

Smalltownhog95

Slobberin hog, like War Memorial stadium, has had its time. The difference is we moved on from slobbering hog so it could die with grace, love, dignity. We're still dealing with the War Memorial to the point the fanbase is divided over it.

Furthermore. Use your petioning skills to get Nolan Richardson's name on the court.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hassettsportsman

While we're discussing uniforms and logos....get rid of the ridiculous grey uniforms....Cardinal and White....tradition!

hobhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 10, 2017, 10:07:27 pm
Yes, Slobbering Hog, all the way!

We need to get this to the new AD.

Tradition!

Start one against Anthrite/alternate uniforms and I'm in!