Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Lunney is the only member of the staff left in place

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, December 07, 2017, 09:40:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHomer

Quote from: thebigshot on December 11, 2017, 12:14:16 pm
Sorry but I feel like he needs to go as well. Start fresh. Lunny and Allen both needs to go!!! The Allen kids weren't that good and only became a Razorback bc if politics. Lunny jr got the job there because of who his dad is. They both suck at coaching / recruiting or whatever you wanna call it. I'm sure UCA will be a nice place for these two to go. Please Morris show those two yahoos the door.
I wish non razorback fans would stay off our board.

And yes if you are trashing Lunney and the Allen family you are not a hog fan.

urkillnmesmalls

Sorry but I feel like he needs to go as well. Start fresh. Lunny and Allen both needs to go!!! The Allen kids weren't that good and only became a Razorback bc if politics. Lunny jr got the job there because of who his dad is. They both suck at coaching / recruiting or whatever you wanna call it. I'm sure UCA will be a nice place for these two to go. Please Morris show those two yahoos the door.

Wow, you uncorked this gem just in time to get in the running for "worst post of the year."  Both of the Allen boys probably have half scrambled brains from all the hits they took to entertain you and all the other Hog fans. 

Maybe their dedication and results didn't live up to your standards, but they did a lot better job than you have of posting on Hogville today.  Fail.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorkRinds

That's some ignernt darn right there.

BorderPatrol

Sorry but I feel like he needs to go as well. Start fresh. Lunny and Allen both needs to go!!! The Allen kids weren’t that good and only became a Razorback bc if politics. Lunny jr got the job there because of who his dad is. They both suck at coaching / recruiting or whatever you wanna call it. I’m sure UCA will be a nice place for these two to go. Please Morris show those two yahoos the door.

Wow....damn....how freaking stupid.

bp

rhog1

You couldn't be more wrong. Bobby Allen must be doing something right to have survived so long on the hill. His Kids have nothing to do with it.  Barry Lunney was exactly what we needed and still need. A coach with strong Arkansas ties who closed the boarder to coaches like Gus Malzahn who was raiding our instate talent. His tight-end's were some of the highest producing players on the team. How can you say he can't coach?

elksnort

In 1992 the Razorbacks lost to the Citadel at the first game of the year. Later on in the season they would go play #4 ranked Tennessee at Knoxville and a left-handed quarterback named Barry Lunney led them to victory.

By the way the dude's opinion might be shity but that doesn't mean he's not a Razorback fan.

gohogs883

Good coach glad he is still on the staff, Hope they keep him around.

HF#1

Lunney was really the only one that made sense. He could justify keeping Smith but I bet he feels his WR coach is better.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Youngsta71701

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 11, 2017, 12:22:28 pm
Wow, you uncorked this gem just in time to get in the running for "worst post of the year."  Both of the Allen boys probably have half scrambled brains from all the hits they took to entertain you and all the other Hog fans. 

Maybe their dedication and results didn't live up to your standards, but they did a lot better job than you have of posting on Hogville today.  Fail.     
Epic. I believe Brandon is in the league right now ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 11, 2017, 03:52:32 pm
Epic. I believe Brandon is in the league right now ???

I haven't kept up beyond hearing that he actually got some PT early on, and did pretty well.  As accurate as he was, and as much as he improved with his decision making, it wouldn't surprise me to see him be a solid back up for a long time in the NFL...and maybe start at some point given the right circumstances. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HognitiveDissonance

The guy who went off on Lunney and the Allens is stupid, I agree, but he's not the only one to think the only reason the Allen boys were playing is because of their dad. You hear that fairly often.

I base my opinion on what I see. I didn't see that at all. Sure looked like those guys were the best options we had at the time. Yet it's presented like Joe Namath and Tom Brady are standing on the sidelines and can't get in because the Allens have stole their spot...

sowmonella

Nobody can be this wrong. Just plain dumb.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 11, 2017, 11:02:52 pm
The guy who went off on Lunney and the Allens is stupid, I agree, but he's not the only one to think the only reason the Allen boys were playing is because of their dad. You hear that fairly often.

I base my opinion on what I see. I didn't see that at all. Sure looked like those guys were the best options we had at the time. Yet it's presented like Joe Namath and Tom Brady are standing on the sidelines and can't get in because the Allens have stole their spot...

They didn't lose games for us.  Austin made some mistakes this season before he was injured, but he was faced with the two things that are a QB's worst nightmare...no separation, and no time.  He made some poor decisions trying to make plays, but given the circumstances, it's understandable. 

People who lay blame on those two kids...don't garner a bit of respect from me.  No way they were the reason we lost games. 

hawaiianhogster

He kept a good one. Now to bring in his other coaches and early recruits. He has the ball rolling and he isn't slowing down for anyone. He's on the go. Never on the whoa. LOL

Vantage 8 dude

And what pray tell have you contributed to the Razorback program all these many years ??? I would suspect even if you actually bought a ticket now and then, which I seriously doubt, it's far, far less than the family has in so many ways. You really need to keep your mouth shut so that we can at least guess at your ignorance rather than it being confirmed in public.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 07, 2017, 11:39:56 pm
How many "Arkansas guys" are needed to recruit the 7-10 FBS caliber recruits that are produced here?

1?
3?

if you listened to his presser, all of them.

well not all "arkansas guys" but all the coaches will have a territory in arkansas they are responsible for.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogfan46

This guy is a troll. Quit taking the bait.

Ugly Uncle

I hope Chad knows how very important Barry is to his success here. 

BL is the best coach I've had the chance to work with or be around.  I don't mean his coaching, though I think he is very good at that, I mean him as a person.  I was a relative nobody and when I would talk to him he would always call me by name.  He gave me his number when I was MCing a football camp awards ceremony in case I ever needed anything.  I only called him twice (media is not allowed to contact coaches directly without going through the S.I.D. department), both times to ask him about something not football related, and he answered both times.

The way he connects with people is an advantage for Chad moving forward.  I would be very disappointed if CM doesn't keep Barry.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

LZH

"Whatever you wanna call it...."

Well, there goes any football cred you may have ever convinced anyone you had. If it weren't for the Allen brothers (especially Brandon), fat boy's record at Arkansas would have been far worse....and that says a lot.

You should stick with watching Dancing With the Stars or The Bachelorette, that's more up your alley.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 11:53:55 pm
I hope Chad knows how very important Barry is to his success here. 

BL is the best coach I've had the chance to work with or be around.  I don't mean his coaching, though I think he is very good at that, I mean him as a person.  I was a relative nobody and when I would talk to him he would always call me by name.  He gave me his number when I was MCing a football camp awards ceremony in case I ever needed anything.  I only called him twice (media is not allowed to contact coaches directly without going through the S.I.D. department), both times to ask him about something not football related, and he answered both times.

The way he connects with people is an advantage for Chad moving forward.  I would be very disappointed if CM doesn't keep Barry.
Amen. Glad that Bobby Allen is still here too.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!