Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacob Phillips, Linebacker

Started by 12247, October 13, 2016, 07:51:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reading the Tulsa World this AM, I note that OU gained the commitment of Jacob Phillips, linebacker, of Nashville Magnet School for the 2017 class.  Rivals.com rates this player as the 37th best overall player in the Nation and his addition to OU makes him the highest ranked player to commit so far.  I would guess that OU has an IN someway for this Kids services, otherwise, why would he go to a no defense league when any SEC school would likely have wanted him.

Wonder why he would jump right over Arkansas to attend OU when we are in the SEC and no team needs linebackers more than we do.  Does anyone know anything about why this Kid did the very things that we use as excuses for why Arkansas has trouble recruiting.  He went away from home, he didn't choose a coastal school in a nice warm climate, he choose a team that is located in what we would consider the BAD area to recruit to, much like our area and in my opinion, not as easy on the eyes.  They do usually rate higher than us in the ratings but if that meant anything to this Kid, he would be signing with BAMA or TN or A&M.  I bet there is a story behind this.  Does anyone know?

greenie

I've lived in the Nashville TN area for almost 20 years.  We just don't recruit much over here at all.  It's not a tremendous hot-bed of talent, but there are the occasional gems. 

This thread should probably be moved to Recruiting... :-)

longpig

Good question.  May I suggest you ask it in the recruiting forum?
Don't be scared, be smart.

MissippHog

Great question!  Couple of wild guesses but maybe he:
-likes OU
-doesn't like Arkansas
-likes the coaches at OU
-doesn't like our coaches
-doesn't like catfish
-hates the Hog call
-has a girlfriend at OU
-has family at Arkansas
-wants to chase jitter-bug receivers all over the field
-doesn't love the helmet
-doesn't bring "dat wood"
-calls his own plays......brotha

And most importantly..........doesn't have an Arkansas offer.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jacob-Phillips-79091/RecruitInterests

BigSexyHog

Quote from: MissippHog on October 13, 2016, 08:19:02 am
Great question!  Couple of wild guesses but maybe he:
-likes OU
-doesn't like Arkansas
-likes the coaches at OU
-doesn't like our coaches
-doesn't like catfish
-hates the Hog call
-has a girlfriend at OU
-has family at Arkansas
-wants to chase jitter-bug receivers all over the field
-doesn't love the helmet
-doesn't bring "dat wood"
-calls his own plays......brotha

And most importantly..........doesn't have an Arkansas offer.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jacob-Phillips-79091/RecruitInterests

All good points.  If we only knew. ...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Surely we have offered him if he really is a top 50 overall recruit.  No team should or would overlook a Kid this strong unless something is wrong we are not aware of, the Kid said don't bother or we are not doing our job and getting on a Kid of this type.  I don't have a clue but someone does.  Please speak up if you know.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas has never recruited middle Tennessee much. That is the main issue. Tennessee was not a very good state for football talent until the last few years.

This kid chose between OU and Texas A&M. Visited them, Alabama, Notre Dame, Oregon.

You should not be wasting people's time with this.
[CENSORED]!

BigSexyHog

Nice JOB COACHES!!!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE MIDDLE PART OF TENNESSEE AND YOU ARE GONNA LET THIS KID JUST WALK LIKE THAT.  PATHETIC

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 13, 2016, 02:50:52 pm
Nice JOB COACHES!!!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE MIDDLE PART OF TENNESSEE AND YOU ARE GONNA LET THIS KID JUST WALK LIKE THAT.  PATHETIC

Just walk?? I assume you are addressing Vandy and Tenner's coaches??

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 13, 2016, 02:50:52 pm

I giggled.
[CENSORED]!

BigSexyHog

Muskliketusk

I don't get it with OU and ain't ever gonna. I can't name a OU player on defense in the NFL in the last 10 years. There living on what they did 400 years ago whenever they was cheating.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Muskliketusk on October 13, 2016, 09:26:24 pm
I don't get it with OU and ain't ever gonna. I can't name a OU player on defense in the NFL in the last 10 years. There living on what they did 400 years ago whenever they was cheating.

They have some DB's and D lineman in the NFL. Don't ask me names though

He'll nvm. Just looked it up. The few that are there are on IR or practice squads

Muskliketusk

Some sight call pro football focus is trying to tell me this McCoy guy of there's and Jeferson are top 5 at their positions. Ain't ever heard of neither. Sounds like a bogus sight.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.