Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny Clark QB out of Ohio decommits from Ohio State (Vandy lean)

Started by tophawg19, September 30, 2016, 07:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

Tom Lemming has Arkansas as one of the teams Recruiting him. He is a big '' 6-4 230'' lb lefty with a strong arm. Pro STYLE QB. Class of 2017 .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ChicoHog

Shows Taver Johnson as lead recruiter!  Is that old or what? 

I don't think we take another QB in 2017 class.

Also didn't OSU get a verbal from Tate Martell out of Vegas who is one of the highest dual threat QB recruits in the country. 

tophawg19

Tom Lemming was talking about him tonight and it showed us as a team offering him . I thought we were likely done at QB but who knows . seems like right now we need D-LINEMEN and O-LINEMEN more than anything else

WildRazorback

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 30, 2016, 09:25:38 pm
Tom Lemming was talking about him tonight and it showed us as a team offering him . I thought we were likely done at QB but who knows . seems like right now we need D-LINEMEN and O-LINEMEN more than anything else
It may be CBB anticipating another QB transfer. Town, perhaps? I have not been impressed by him so far and we obviously have young studs ahead of him. CBB may 'insist' that Ricky finds a new home so he can get a better QB prospect. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I'd say every sign points to us losing another QB before the fall of 2017.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 30, 2016, 10:53:58 pm
It may be CBB anticipating another QB transfer. Town, perhaps? I have not been impressed by him so far and we obviously have young studs ahead of him. CBB may 'insist' that Ricky finds a new home so he can get a better QB prospect. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I'd say every sign points to us losing another QB before the fall of 2017.

maybe, but even if we did lose one, we'd still have 4 on scholly and 2 pretty good walk-on's.. not sure we take another... bet he ends up at Kentucky...

greenie

Has picked up a couple of crystal ball picks on 247 to Kentucky in the last 24 hours.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 30, 2016, 10:53:58 pm
wow, you are going to be proven so wrong about this. i'll remember you, wild.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

aloha_kid

Quote from: greenie on October 01, 2016, 09:39:47 am
Has picked up a couple of crystal ball picks on 247 to Kentucky in the last 24 hours.

LOL .... He must know the new head coach UK is going to hire after they drop Stoooooopssss ;)

WildRazorback

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 01, 2016, 02:22:58 pm
wow, you are going to be proven so wrong about this. i'll remember you, wild.
My speculation could be proven wrong? Of course; that's the point of "maybe" and "speculation". A lot of people said Rafe was all Hog and would never leave. Town wasn't good enough at USC and is now behind a True Freshman on our roster. He has been here over a year and should know the offense by now. He has been in the doghouse more than once and he has already transferred once. I don't know why he would stay at this point, to be honest. This guy may very well end up at Kentucky and never even visit us. My point was simply that CBB could be looking at his options.

tophawg19

the fact that we aren't trying to prepare a back up with game experience might suggest that . It almost seems like Kelly is the 2nd string but they are trying not to use him so he can red shirt .

rljjr

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2016, 03:07:47 pm
the fact that we aren't trying to prepare a back up with game experience might suggest that . It almost seems like Kelly is the 2nd string but they are trying not to use him so he can red shirt .

I think this is very likely.

mhuff

Don't think Allen can take the beatings he is getting from lack of protection

tophawg19

it appears the coaches do. they aren't doing much to prep a back up when we have had the chance .

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on October 01, 2016, 04:42:26 pm

Sure he can, tough kid.

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2016, 04:46:25 pm
Sure he can, tough kid.
I'll be surprised if he gets through Bama Without being hurt the way they play defense and hit. Those are some big fast uglies coming at him

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mhuff on October 01, 2016, 04:42:26 pm

Tyler Wilson was able too

mbgrulz

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2016, 04:50:49 pm
I'll be surprised if he gets through Bama Without being hurt the way they play defense and hit. Those are some big fast uglies coming at him
I may eat my words, but I think I'd rather face Bama's DL than aTm's. I'm MUCH more worried about AL's back 7.

It sucks that Bama now has a mobile QB. I thought the fact that they were similar to us in a lot of ways was what kept it close recently.  Now I'm afraid of Hurts getting big chunk plays every time our secondary covers well, and a tired D at the end.

JaketheSnake

jjdlc

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 01, 2016, 09:53:02 pm
I may eat my words, but I think I'd rather face Bama's DL than aTm's. I'm MUCH more worried about AL's back 7.

This, and not because I think A&Ms line is better than Bama's, they might be, but it wouldn't be by that much, but because I don't think Bama will blitz as much as A&M did.

Redhogs

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 01, 2016, 09:53:02 pm

It sucks that Bama now has a mobile QB. I thought the fact that they were similar to us in a lot of ways was what kept it close recently.  Now I'm afraid of Hurts getting big chunk plays every time our secondary covers well, and a tired D at the end.
Good post.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

tophawg19

i just think Bama is more physical up front. especially in the interior line. And i don't think Saban would have a problem knocking out our QB given the chance.

Cinco de Hogo

We could easily find ourselves down on even practice qb's next year and absolutely no experience behind AA next year. 

Based on some comments on this subject on Hogville if CBB did things the way of those comments no qb would stay past his redshirt freshmen year because a high school senior had already replaced him.

Sometimes you have to set on information and comments bug the daylights out of you.

WriterWrong

We haven't offered. Guess Taver hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Paul

Quote from: WriterWrong on October 03, 2016, 02:57:06 pm
We haven't offered. Guess Taver hasn't gotten around to it yet.
maybe he's been recruiting for us at "The Ohio..."

ricepig

longpig

Quote from: WildRazorback on October 01, 2016, 02:55:18 pm
My speculation could be proven wrong? Of course; that's the point of "maybe" and "speculation". A lot of people said Rafe was all Hog and would never leave. Town wasn't good enough at USC and is now behind a True Freshman on our roster. He has been here over a year and should know the offense by now. He has been in the doghouse more than once and he has already transferred once. I don't know why he would stay at this point, to be honest. This guy may very well end up at Kentucky and never even visit us. My point was simply that CBB could be looking at his options.

The world needs scout teamers too.
Don't be scared, be smart.

carolinahogger

PorkSoda

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2016, 04:46:24 pm
it appears the coaches do. they aren't doing much to prep a back up when we have had the chance .

seems like storey has played in two games out of 5 games so far.  am I wrong?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

tophawg19

pretty much . he has handed off a couple times and thrown a pass

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!