Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New perspective (for ME) as Basketball recruiting goes...

Started by hawgchill, September 03, 2014, 02:42:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgchill

A few months back I created a bit of an (un-needed) debate on hogville via MY frustration with Jamal Jones' commitment to Texas A&M shortly after a UA official visit.

In retrospect, after watching 'team' chemistry grow and evolve midway through this past season, I feel a need to apologize for opening that dialogue...
     Through the John Pelphrey era, we were haunted by lack of cohesiveness and maturity, that led to some of the most dysfunctional (though HIGHLY talented) squads any of us can recall over the past 4 decades...   : (  Jamal's exit from College Station,Tx appeared to be dysfunctional and drama filled (none of that for us please), we've had our share of that over the past 10-15 years...

The newest classes of young people coming into the program seem to embrace "team first" mentalities, a huge desire to make the fans/state happy AND an ability to steer clear of social disorder and drama...That's progress good people...

We are also bringing in highly skilled and athletic "underdog types" who can/will outwork many if not most of the highly regarded 5star pampered prospects...

New practice facility also lends optimism that we'll be able to secure higher rated recruits much SOONER than later...

A strong 2014/15 season can/will give us the chance to climb back into the national ELITE in this opinion...

THIS fanbase very much deserves that too... 

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

hawgchill

Quote from: poloprince on September 03, 2014, 03:33:04 pm
Yea I remember you making a big deal about JJ.
Hindsight is definitely 20/20 poloprince...
G-L-A-D we steered away

-Blu

Yea the staff is definitely going to do things on their terms, and not tell kids things they want to hear just to get them to come.  Sometimes that hurts us with the big name recruits, but like the OP said we're going to get kids that are team first and want to be here.

TBH I more look more forward to the 2016 recruiting class than the 2015, just because we'll have so many available scholarships to work with in 2016.  We're going to have at least 5 to work with.  I think it could honestly be the best recruiting class we've had in recent memory, I think we have a legit shot at some big names that we've already offered.  I think we'll land 1 or 2 five stars in that class.  The 2015 recruiting class is going to be small barring guys leaving early.  I think we'll sign 2 in the fall, then we'll see what happens with Portis and Qualls in the Spring. 

hawgchill

Quote from: -Blu on September 03, 2014, 04:18:00 pm
Yea the staff is definitely going to do things on their terms, and not tell kids things they want to hear just to get them to come.  Sometimes that hurts us with the big name recruits, but like the OP said we're going to get kids that are team first and want to be here.

TBH I more look more forward to the 2016 recruiting class than the 2015, just because we'll have so many available scholarships to work with in 2016.  We're going to have at least 5 to work with.  I think it could honestly be the best recruiting class we've had in recent memory, I think we have a legit shot at some big names that we've already offered.  I think we'll land 1 or 2 five stars in that class.  The 2015 recruiting class is going to be small barring guys leaving early.  I think we'll sign 2 in the fall, then we'll see what happens with Portis and Qualls in the Spring. 
Always insightful Blu, appreciate you Sir