Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

swimming pool noodles for catfishing

Started by HogCard, August 18, 2008, 12:19:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogCard

do any of you use the swimming pool noodles for catfishing instead of jugs?  How do you rig yours.  I'm wanting to make some and have no idea where to start.

philobeddoe

Man, that hook just looks mean.  Hey Justice, you thinkin what I'm thinkin?  I wouldn't mind chasing a few of these around the lake one night.  ;D

hawgs4packers

I have several of these and you can do it a couple of ways. Here is the easiest way I have found to do it.

1. I cut the noodle into about 10inch pieces.

2. I cut a medal close hanger into about 4 inch pieces.

3. I stick the close hanger through the noodle about 3 inches from one end.

4. I then bend both ends of the close hanger back into the noodle.

5. I then run my line through the end of the noodle and tie it to the hanger inside the noodle.

6. Then I put my weight at the end of my line and my hook about a foot above that.

7. Put some reflective tape at opposite end from the hanger.

When pushing the hanger back into the noodle I try to make sure I can pull one side back out so I can shorten my line if need be. I hope this help!
WOW!!!

HogCard

Quote from: hawgs4packers on August 18, 2008, 02:35:18 pm
I have several of these and you can do it a couple of ways. Here is the easiest way I have found to do it.

1. I cut the noodle into about 10inch pieces.

2. I cut a medal close hanger into about 4 inch pieces.

3. I stick the close hanger through the noodle about 3 inches from one end.

4. I then bend both ends of the close hanger back into the noodle.

5. I then run my line through the end of the noodle and tie it to the hanger inside the noodle.

6. Then I put my weight at the end of my line and my hook about a foot above that.

7. Put some reflective tape at opposite end from the hanger.

When pushing the hanger back into the noodle I try to make sure I can pull one side back out so I can shorten my line if need be. I hope this help!

Thanks for the info.  I guess i'm stupid though.  If you get a chance could you post a picture?

HogCard

Quote from: MB on August 18, 2008, 12:50:23 pm
I'll try to post a photo in the next day or so of the ones I bought already rigged from the Jane, MO Walmart.

They're similar to this:

Mine has better end caps so the noodle will stand up when a fish is on.
They came with braided line 6'-9'.  I use 3/4 oz. egg sinkers above the swivel and Gamakatsu 3/0 Octopus Circle Hooks baited with gold fish.

Thanks, look forward to your picture.  I had no idea you could buy them already put together.

I saw some yesterday that simply had a big washer glued flat to one end.  The line was run through the noodle then then through the hole of the washer and then tied to a smaller washer.  The small washer will not fit through the inner hole of the glued on big washer.  If a fish is on it stands up. There is no PVC pipe involved.  I can see the advantages of the PVC pipe though so I am just looking for different ideas.

HogNuttz

Quote from: HogCard on August 18, 2008, 03:11:22 pm

Thanks for the info.  I guess i'm stupid though.  If you get a chance could you post a picture?

I think his method is similar to this.

DIY Fishing Noodle
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

JusticeHawg

That looks like a flathead killer to me Philo...........Big Al and Phil would be all over them things.............Phil may be using them now anyway..........we need soom big bream......would make a nice bait.......
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

HogCard

Quote from: HogNuttz on August 18, 2008, 04:47:37 pm

I think his method is similar to this.

DIY Fishing Noodle

Very helpful video.  How would you attach a weight to something like this if you wanted to secure the thing a little better and make it harder for the fish to carry it off.  I've heard of guys using railroad spikes.

Mitch C

I hope the dynamite doesn't get tangled up in that thing.

HogNuttz

Quote from: HogCard on August 19, 2008, 11:26:31 am

Very helpful video.  How would you attach a weight to something like this if you wanted to secure the thing a little better and make it harder for the fish to carry it off.  I've heard of guys using railroad spikes.

Instead of tying on a hook, tie on a big snagging weight, or a piece of junk metal for that matter.  Then tie a seperate hook and line back to the main line.  You can actually tie on several other hooks if you wanted to.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.