Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Is it possible that Macon is firm on his belief that he's leaving because he firmly believes he's going to blow away scouts at the combine? Perhaps luke warm responses could change his potential firm stance on leaving?

SONofHAM

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 22, 2017, 11:26:34 am
I just don't understand all the hand wringing about whether one or both of these young men stay or go.  Does anyone on this board really think a coach who has been in the business as long as CMA not understand some young men will leave early, not transition to college life and not meet academic standards, or even get injured? 
You don't understand that these guys leaving would make our team worse?

I keep seeing some posters suggesting losing players is a shock to the coaching staff. 
Why did you quote my post then?  I said...Surely they are are prepared?  But to answer your question, people wonder if the staff is prepared because of what happened when Portis and Qualls left.

For all we know, CJ was the better shooter of he and Macon but could have been in CMA's dog house.  His intent may be to turn over PG duties to Beard. 
Surely you don't really believe this.

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

FineAsSwine

Chicken Littles getting a jump on the 2017 season. Never too early I guess.  >:(
Hogs up! Covid down!

rzrbackramsfan

So does anybody have a timeline on all of this?  When will Macon get feedback? Does he have to be invited to a workout? Will he be forced to make a decision at some point and when is that?

My take on all of this:  Macon doesn't really like to work hard or at least work hard on the things that matter.  II could be wrong but, I base this off of 1. He couldn't qualify and went to Juco.  And 2. In a press conference around Christmas time he said a short turn around between games was good because they didn't have to practice and Barford was like "You're saying you don't like to practice, get out of here with that."

I have a feeling CMA pushed Macon hard just like he does with all his players.  Macon is thinking man, that basketball plus school grind was HARD. Which, i bet it was! He can probably go make some money off his current skills.

But what I would tell Macon is that "you got so much better from the beginning to the end of the year, to the end.  That's what mike Anderson and staff do.  What he teaches you will stick for life.  You'll have a shot at the NBA, make more money overseas, have a degree for after basketball, more great memories, and a better work ethic and confidence that you can clear obstacles, which is priceless.  One more year, you're tough, you can do it."

I've seen so many people with all the opportunities in the world not capitalize in the worst fashion, and while this would be up there in terms of the worst, I wouldn't be surprised because I've seen it happen so many times.

Hawg Red

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on April 22, 2017, 12:26:32 pm
Is it possible that Macon is firm on his belief that he's leaving because he firmly believes he's going to blow away scouts at the combine? Perhaps luke warm responses could change his potential firm stance on leaving?

His bubble is about to be burst, then. He's probably not even in the top 100 of players to be invited to the combine and they only bring in about 60.

Inhogswetrust

April 23, 2017, 09:40:19 am #305 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:17:21 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2017, 11:56:04 am
So much noise around this situation.

I hope Daryl stays because it'd be what's best for everyone (him, us, program), but if he has made his mind up to leave, he needs to announce that publicly so we can move on hopefully seal the deal with Amauri Hardy.

WHY do some people think they always know what is best for other people. Only he and his family knows what is best for him. The criteria for what is best is not always the same as what random fans think is best for any one player. Unless you are his parent, coach, mentor, close advisor OR someone that knows what is important to him in his mind then neither you, I nor anyone else knows what is "best" for him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

I just don't understand all the hand wringing about whether one or both of these young men stay or go.  Does anyone on this board really think a coach who has been in the business as long as CMA not understand some young men will leave early, not transition to college life and not meet academic standards, or even get injured?  I keep seeing some posters suggesting losing players is a shock to the coaching staff.  None of us on HV has a clue concerning his strategy on building HIS program.  For all we know, CJ was the better shooter of he and Macon but could have been in CMA's dog house.  His intent may be to turn over PG duties to Beard.  Who knows his plans and I find it quit entertaining reading all the posts by all these premier D1 coaches on HV.  Lol!  That's why I have to read more and more.  It just crack me up so much!  LOL!

By all accounts Qualls was a complete shock to Anderson.  So you never know.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 23, 2017, 09:40:19 am
WHY do some people think they always know what is best for other people. Only he and his family knows what is best for him. The criteria for what is best is not always the same as what random fans think is best for any one player. Unless you are his parent, coach, mentor, close advisor OR someone that knows what is important to him in his mind then you and I nor anyone else knows what is "best" for him.

You think ANY late teen or early 20's young male actually knows what's best for him?   I'm not saying a poster on hogville does, but at that age, very few actually do.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 23, 2017, 10:01:39 am
You think ANY late teen or early 20's young male actually knows what's best for him?   I'm not saying a poster on hogville does, but at that age, very few actually do.

Short of criminal activity what is usually best for someone in their early 20's is to live their life as they choose, learn what works and what doesn't, learn from your mistakes and commit yourself to becoming a wiser, stronger, better person every day. Bad decisions we make in our early 20's are just as valuable as the good decisions we make, in the big picture of life.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

FineAsSwine

I am no longer waiting in anticipation. Love to have him back though.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Probably most don't. However, here in America we thankfully have the right to make decisions and deal with the postives and negatives of those choices.

We also have the right to question the choices of others.

East TN HAWG

If Macon is not going to class as reported on this board, will he be academically eligible to play next year?  Can he get enough hours in during the summer?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2017, 11:19:50 am
Probably most don't. However, here in America we thankfully have the right to make decisions and deal with the postives and negatives of those choices.

Right and in turn we have a right to tell those that question our decisions about our life, GFY and live your own pathetic life. Especially when those questioning it, have a vested interest in the person doing what they they think is best for them. Vested in the since of sitting their fat ass on the couch, guzzling beer and watching their favorite college basketball team.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

reddawg213

Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 23, 2017, 11:57:27 am
If Macon is not going to class as reported on this board, will he be academically eligible to play next year?  Can he get enough hours in during the summer?

Most likely not if he has miss a lot of time. He was never a strong student like Moses or Watkins which is why he went JUCO in the first place . . . . . . all the more reason he might be leaving. On a positive note, we'd have a extra scholarship to give so . . . . . yeah . . . . . . . it's something . . . . .

dsgreen

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 22, 2017, 01:51:51 pm
So does anybody have a timeline on all of this?  When will Macon get feedback? Does he have to be invited to a workout? Will he be forced to make a decision at some point and when is that?

My take on all of this:  Macon doesn't really like to work hard or at least work hard on the things that matter.  II could be wrong but, I base this off of 1. He couldn't qualify and went to Juco.  And 2. In a press conference around Christmas time he said a short turn around between games was good because they didn't have to practice and Barford was like "You're saying you don't like to practice, get out of here with that."

I have a feeling CMA pushed Macon hard just like he does with all his players.  Macon is thinking man, that basketball plus school grind was HARD. Which, i bet it was! He can probably go make some money off his current skills.

But what I would tell Macon is that "you got so much better from the beginning to the end of the year, to the end.  That's what mike Anderson and staff do.  What he teaches you will stick for life.  You'll have a shot at the NBA, make more money overseas, have a degree for after basketball, more great memories, and a better work ethic and confidence that you can clear obstacles, which is priceless.  One more year, you're tough, you can do it."

I've seen so many people with all the opportunities in the world not capitalize in the worst fashion, and while this would be up there in terms of the worst, I wouldn't be surprised because I've seen it happen so many times.

U.S. college players have until 10 days after the final day of the combine to remove their name from the draft and return to school.   The NBA combine this year is May 9-14th, so they have until the 24th of May to withdraw from the draft and maintain NCAA eligibility.

jry04

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 21, 2017, 07:07:02 pm
He said he expects barford back and Macon to leave.  Basically said Macon realizes he may not be an NBA prospect so why not go now? At least that was my impression of what he said.
Weird, I have been saying the same thing and have been getting laughed at. It works for a lot more players than most on here want to believe. Powell did it, and encourages others to do it, too. I personally know a former player who played about 6 years overseas, saved up enough money in his time doing it, and then came back to the states to get a graduate degree. He was given a one bedroom apartment, transportation, plus about $55,000 to play in Poland. I think after his 3rd or 4th year he got a salary increase. He came back to the USA with a couple hundred thousand saved up at the age of 30 with zero debt. He averaged about 3-4 ppg playing in college. Poland is one of the least competitive leagues. Americans typically get paid more, but I do not have a clue what league pays what, or what type of league Macon would even have a shot to make. I do know Macon is more talented than this player was out of college, so I imagine he would get a similar deal with a better salary.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but when you are already having most of your bills and transportation paid for you are able to save $30-40,000 per year. I know most don't agree, but he has zero shot at being drafted after next year. Coming back would be only to try and increase his value to international teams. I just hope Macon is prepared to live in another country considering it is drastically different from Little Rock.

daprospecta

Quote from: jry04 on April 23, 2017, 01:41:54 pm
Weird, I have been saying the same thing and have been getting laughed at. It works for a lot more players than most on here want to believe. Powell did it, and encourages others to do it, too. I personally know a former player who played about 6 years overseas, saved up enough money in his time doing it, and then came back to the states to get a graduate degree. He was given a one bedroom apartment, transportation, plus about $55,000 to play in Poland. I think after his 3rd or 4th year he got a salary increase. He came back to the USA with a couple hundred thousand saved up at the age of 30 with zero debt. He averaged about 3-4 ppg playing in college. Poland is one of the least competitive leagues. Americans typically get paid more, but I do not have a clue what league pays what, or what type of league Macon would even have a shot to make. I do know Macon is more talented than this player was out of college, so I imagine he would get a similar deal with a better salary.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but when you are already having most of your bills and transportation paid for you are able to save $30-40,000 per year. I know most don't agree, but he has zero shot at being drafted after next year. Coming back would be only to try and increase his value to international teams. I just hope Macon is prepared to live in another country considering it is drastically different from Little Rock.

I wouldn't say zero shot.  If he improves his handles a bit and becomes a better passer, I would say it's possible. Yogi Ferrell is in the NBA.  I dare someone say Yogi is that much better than Macon and I believe Macon is taller.

jry04

Quote from: daprospecta on April 23, 2017, 01:56:42 pm
I wouldn't say zero shot.  If he improves his handles a bit and becomes a better passer, I would say it's possible. Yogi Ferrell is in the NBA.  I dare someone say Yogi is that much better than Macon and I believe Macon is taller.
You mean the Yogi Ferrell that was a top 25, McDonald's AA high school recruit? The same one that averaged 17 ppg and over 40% shooting from 3pt at Indiana, in arguably the best conference in the country at the time? Ferrell was an All-American in college.

By the way, I said zero shot at being drafted. Yogi wasn't drafted, either. Macon may make the NBA at some point in his career, but Macon will not be drafted if he comes back. I think his only chance of making the NBA is getting on a d-league team and injuries allowing him to get called up for a few games.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: dsgreen on April 23, 2017, 12:27:19 pm
U.S. college players have until 10 days after the final day of the combine to remove their name from the draft and return to school.   The NBA combine this year is May 9-14th, so they have until the 24th of May to withdraw from the draft and maintain NCAA eligibility.

Thank you very much.  The draft is in late June so they have till late may. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 23, 2017, 02:07:45 pm
You mean the Yogi Ferrell that was a top 25, McDonald's AA high school recruit? The same one that averaged 17 ppg and over 40% shooting from 3pt at Indiana, in arguably the best conference in the country at the time? Ferrell was an All-American in college.

By the way, I said zero shot at being drafted. Yogi wasn't drafted, either. Macon may make the NBA at some point in his career, but Macon will not be drafted if he comes back. I think his only chance of making the NBA is getting on a d-league team and injuries allowing him to get called up for a few games.

Cj McCollum comes off the top of my head as a 6'3" guard that is ballin in the nba.  Macon has a shot at the NBA.  And McCollum went 10th overall. He's a shooting guard.

rzrbackramsfan

Macon has half of this guys game down as far as the no look passes in traffic and shooting threes off the bounce and off balance.  If he can just get some of the step back game and better handles he's there...

Inhogswetrust

You might be surprised what a 20 year old can do. You might not remember when you were 20 but I remember when Was. When I was 20 and I made both good and bad decisions. I'm almost 60 now and that hasn't changed and it doesn't for a lot of people. The problem is you or I don't know specifically him, his situation or anyone he speaks with about advice. The bigger issue is you thinking you can give him advice over the internet and think what is best for him and only because of his age and where he is at you know what's best for him. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2017, 11:19:50 am

You are outside "others" sphere of influence, so what right have you? However, you are entitled to your opinion. Have at it...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 23, 2017, 07:53:40 pm
You are outside "others" sphere of influence, so what right have you? However, you are entitled to your opinion. Have at it...

I am talking in general not specific to Macon. But you want continue to be an ass, have at it.. It is also your right. However, you probably won't have a lot of friends

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2017, 08:00:30 pm
I am talking in general not specific to Macon. But you want continue to be an ass, have at it.. It is also your right. However, you probably won't have a lot of friends

Relax tough guy...You dont have a right question anybodies choices. However school me. Otherwise you are entitled to believe what you will. That is all Im saying...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 23, 2017, 08:32:05 pm
Relax tough guy...You dont have a right question anybodies choices. However school me. Otherwise you are entitled to believe what you will. That is all Im saying...

I have the right to question anyone's choices. If not arrest me

Now that doesn't mean I have the right to prevent them from making there choice. But I can question anything I want

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2017, 08:37:55 pm

Now that doesn't mean I have the right to prevent them from making there choice. But I can question anything I want

Ok. So why are you having issues with me "questioning" what you claim is your right? No doubt one can question what they want , but it isnt a right...My challenge to you is show proof.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 23, 2017, 08:49:41 pm
Ok. So why are you having issues with me "questioning" what you claim is your right? No doubt one can question what they want , but it isnt a right...My challenge to you is show proof.

Proof of what?

hogsanity

WHY do some people think they always know what is best for other people. Only he and his family knows what is best for him. The criteria for what is best is not always the same as what random fans think is best for any one player. Unless you are his parent, coach, mentor, close advisor OR someone that knows what is important to him in his mind then you and I nor anyone else knows what is "best" for him.

They don't really care about whats best for him, they care about it because they think his staying means more wins for the Hogs, which benefits the posters. Did they care when the transfer from Kennesaw St left early, or Dee Wagner? Nope, because they were not going to help the Hogs win games.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on April 23, 2017, 09:44:44 pm
They don't really care about whats best for him, they care about it because they think his staying means more wins for the Hogs, which benefits the posters. Did they care when the transfer from Kennesaw St left early, or Dee Wagner? Nope, because they were not going to help the Hogs win games.

In our defense,  Dee leaving was best for him.  The kennessaw st guy, kouassi? He transferred here and graduated. 

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 23, 2017, 11:56:38 pm
In our defense,  Dee leaving was best for him. 

Maybe, maybe not. The point is no one was on here saying he should not leave. Why? Because no one thought he was going to help the Hogs win games. Maybe leaving would be best for Macon &/or Barford, but people here want them to stay, not for the players but for themselves because they think those two will mean more wins next year. I agree, the Hogs will be much better with one or both than without, so for that reason I hope they stay. I am not going to say I know what is best for the players though, because I do not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jry04

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 24, 2017, 10:21:53 am
BRAVO!  Well said and about time someone on here said it!  It's a shame grown arsp men are sitting around googling draft status and European League basketball to make a point about a decision a young man make because they want to live vicariously through said young man.  It's their life and their decision.  Let it go!
While you mean well with this post, this is a pretty stupid comment. You think it is sad that sports fans on a message board of their favorite team are discussing the decision a top 3 player on their favorite team is making? I received two degrees from the UA and have season tickets to every major sport at the UA, so forgive me for having a vested interest in what a kid decides that will impact the investment I have in the UA. Nobody on here is providing Macon advice on what he should or shouldn't do, they are just giving their opinion on the situation. At the end of the day we are all selfish when it comes to being fans. We hate when kids transfer, but love when they transfer to us. We want our players to get drafted high, but hate when they leave early to do it. We want a kid to make a decision that benefits our team rather than themselves. That is what fans do, and I feel if you have a problem with that it is fine, but it is really sad that a "grown arsp man" is on a message board to complain about people who do something he thinks is sad on the same message board. This message board is for discussions on topics just like this. I will never hate on a kid for doing what is best for him, but at the end of the day I personally want what is best for my team. Mike is getting paid millions to help kids make the best decision for their lives, not me. I am just a fan wanting to win a National Championship.

And if you read my posts, I have said multiple times I can see why Macon would want to leave so I am not even the ones trying to explain why it is a bad choice for him to leave. I don't think it is a bad choice.

riccoar

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 24, 2017, 10:21:53 am
BRAVO!  Well said and about time someone on here said it!  It's a shame grown arsp men are sitting around googling draft status and European League basketball to make a point about a decision a young man make because they want to live vicariously through said young man.  It's their life and their decision.  Let it go!
Your comment is stupid.  Every fan on here would have ZERO issue with either leaving if the cards show it to be a sure bet at jumping.  History with these scenarios prove the jump has, more times than not, come up less than what was promised.  That's the crux of what fan's don't want to see happen to any kid at the UofA with next level potential.

rzrbackramsfan

Yea not to mention, Bobby Portis coming back for the team would have been great for the team.  People here understood, it was a good decision for him.  If Macon played for Lehigh University and I was looking at it, I'd say it's a dumb decision for him to go pro.

KlubhouseKonnected

Can someone sissy fight with me on the interwebZ? I am feeling left out.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

The Hogfather

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 24, 2017, 11:43:55 am
Yea not to mention, Bobby Portis coming back for the team would have been great for the team.  People here understood, it was a good decision for him.  If Macon played for Lehigh University and I was looking at it, I'd say it's a dumb decision for him to go pro.

Quote from: riccoar on April 24, 2017, 11:01:10 am
Your comment is stupid.  Every fan on here would have ZERO issue with either leaving if the cards show it to be a sure bet at jumping.  History with these scenarios prove the jump has, more times than not, come up less than what was promised.  That's the crux of what fan's don't want to see happen to any kid at the UofA with next level potential.

Exactly.  I want Macon and Barford back because the Hogs would be a much better team next season.  I also think it would not be smart of them to leave.

I wanted Portis back because the Hogs would've been much better the next season with him there.  I thought it was the right decision for him to leave.

Qualls was iffy because he was, at best, projected to be a 2nd rounder, but at least he was projected to possibly get drafted.  I could at least understand somewhat.  I think, even before his injury, he should've come back, worked on his game, and possibly improved his draft stock.  However, I couldn't fault him completely for leaving.

If your best scenario includes making under $100k in another country, I think you'd be well served to come back, get your degree, possibly improve your options of playing professionally, hopefully play for a team that makes some noise, and enjoy your last year of college.

HoopS

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 24, 2017, 11:47:40 am
Can someone sissy fight with me on the interwebZ? I am feeling left out.
stop complaining. You don't know what a real sissy fight looks like. And believe me, son, you don't want to know.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: HoopS on April 24, 2017, 12:18:16 pm
stop complaining. You don't know what a real sissy fight looks like. And believe me, son, you don't want to know.
I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY SISSY FIGHT OPINIONS!

Rabble
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HoopS

Pig in the Pokey

spoken like a man who doesn't understand what it's like in "europe". Go watch the youtube about Marshall Henderson in Iraq. That's Marshall Henderson, too. Somebody who stayed for his senior year and was Player of the Year in the SEC and averaged like 24 ppg. He aint making diddly squat and can't leave his darn hotel because: IRAQ, and has to endure a lot of crap besides that. Do you realise a bunch of these guys even get stiffed out of their salary? They just close the team and say "sorry", then they just go and open a new club. It's crazy over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXN3TLVzm8
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogsanity

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 24, 2017, 03:17:08 pm
spoken like a man who doesn't understand what it's like in "europe". Go watch the youtube about Marshall Henderson in Iraq. That's Marshall Henderson, too. Somebody who stayed for his senior year and was Player of the Year in the SEC and averaged like 24 ppg. He aint making diddly squat and can't leave his darn hotel because: IRAQ, and has to endure a lot of crap besides that. Do you realise a bunch of these guys even get stiffed out of their salary? They just close the team and say "sorry", then they just go and open a new club. It's crazy over there.

That is still not the point. None of us know what is BEST for these guys. We may know the POTENTIAL drawbacks of leaving early, the pitfalls of playing in some foreign places, the grind on the road etc, but that does not mean we know what is best for them.

But lets cut to the chase, if the players maybe leaving had averaged 4 ppg and 6 minutes, no one here would be having their guts churned up over the possibility they may not come back, not would they be proclaiming how bad it will be for the players if they leave. People want them to stay because they are going to help the Hogs win games, PERIOD. I have no problem with people who feel that way, the problem is in trying to hide behind trying to act like they care for the players long term.

jabberjawls

Quote from: jry04 on April 24, 2017, 10:55:18 am
While you mean well with this post, this is a pretty stupid comment. You think it is sad that sports fans on a message board of their favorite team are discussing the decision a top 3 player on their favorite team is making? I received two degrees from the UA and have season tickets to every major sport at the UA, so forgive me for having a vested interest in what a kid decides that will impact the investment I have in the UA. Nobody on here is providing Macon advice on what he should or shouldn't do, they are just giving their opinion on the situation. At the end of the day we are all selfish when it comes to being fans. We hate when kids transfer, but love when they transfer to us. We want our players to get drafted high, but hate when they leave early to do it. We want a kid to make a decision that benefits our team rather than themselves. That is what fans do, and I feel if you have a problem with that it is fine, but it is really sad that a "grown arsp man" is on a message board to complain about people who do something he thinks is sad on the same message board. This message board is for discussions on topics just like this. I will never hate on a kid for doing what is best for him, but at the end of the day I personally want what is best for my team. Mike is getting paid millions to help kids make the best decision for their lives, not me. I am just a fan wanting to win a National Championship.

And if you read my posts, I have said multiple times I can see why Macon would want to leave so I am not even the ones trying to explain why it is a bad choice for him to leave. I don't think it is a bad choice.
Sounds like you need a life.  All of you do.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2017, 08:37:55 pm

It's always easy to question others when one hasn't walked in their shoes. That also makes it dumb to do so.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 24, 2017, 03:17:08 pm

You are focusing on basketball.................Not everyone does that. That being said SEVERAL former Hogs and others around the world go play elsewhere and do just fine. Besides IF Henderson didn't like playing so much and doing so somewhere you think is not "good" then he can go play elsewhere OR go out and get a different career. People right here in the good old USA have been known to get stiffed out of their pay as well. Not all pro athletes in the good oldUSA get paid big bucks either.

King Kong

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 24, 2017, 05:12:39 pm
It's always easy to question others when one hasn't walked in their shoes. That also makes it dumb to do so.

Yet, it's taught in Business school to measure the opportunity costs of situations. Stupid Professors

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on April 24, 2017, 05:23:03 pm
Yet, it's taught in Business school to measure the opportunity costs of situations. Stupid Professors

That's the one I graduated from. And yes some Professors are stupid.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 24, 2017, 05:22:31 pm
You are focusing on basketball.................Not everyone does that. That being said SEVERAL former Hogs and others around the world go play elsewhere and do just fine. Besides IF Henderson didn't like playing so much and doing so somewhere you think is not "good" then he can go play elsewhere OR go out and get a different career. People right here in the good old USA have been known to get stiffed out of their pay as well. Not all pro athletes in the good oldUSA get paid big bucks either.
True that Beverly did it. I actually had faith he'd make the league someday. He played defense and was a helluva rebounder for his size. Tenacious. And I like DM, too. I think if he worked really hard as a PG he'd have a chance. As a 2, not so much.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:10:14 pm
:puke:
How, then, does it not happen to other schools like UNC? Gonzaga? South Carolina? etc.
Because ESPN hates us.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawgmasta

Has anyone mentioned Weems? If I remember correctly he did pretty well over in Russia. Made some good contracts was even in a commercial. I would play in Russia for 500$ a week just for the women.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 25, 2017, 12:07:58 am
Has anyone mentioned Weems? If I remember correctly he did pretty well over in Russia. Made some good contracts was even in a commercial. I would play in Russia for 500$ a week just for the women.
They charge $500 an hour