Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colossal failures by 3 bubble-ish SEC teams tonight

Started by Breems, February 20, 2018, 10:51:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

A&M and Arkansas should go out for drinks sometime. 2 talented teams with the uncanny ability to squander opportunities and disappoint at just the right moments.

A&M went down convincingly at home to Miss St, Missouri lost at home to 5-10 Ole Miss, and we lost at home to an average UK team.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

checkraiser88

What really sucks is takes Mizzou to only a 49% chance to make the tournament and A&M is one loss away from being out according to Lunardi, and those are half of our best wins

Breems

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 20, 2018, 10:53:15 pm
What really sucks is takes Mizzou to only a 49% chance to make the tournament and A&M is one loss away from being out according to Lunardi, and those are half of our best wins

We're toast IMO. Literally 1 meaningful win all season and a plethora of wasted opportunities in which we usually weren't even close. Not seeing a happy ending this season.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

GoHogs1091

This is the point in the conference season when the contenders start to rise and the pretenders start to fade.

It is looking like the real teams in this conference are Auburn, Kentucky, and Mississippi State.

MSU could easily have 2 more conference wins if the officials hadn't of jobbed them at Missouri, and if Vanderbilt had not made a buzzer beater.

hobhog

TushCrush

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 10:51:25 pm
A&M and Arkansas should go out for drinks sometime.
Three bubble-ish SEC teams that really needed a win walk into a bar.
TAMU: Oh crap. We lost to Miss St at home.
Missouri: That's nothing. We lost to Old Miss at home.
Arkansas: Hold my beer ...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TushCrush on February 21, 2018, 08:48:37 am
Three bubble-ish SEC teams that really needed a win walk into a bar.
TAMU: Oh crap. We lost to Miss St at home.
Missouri: That's nothing. We lost to Old Miss at home.
Arkansas: Hold my beer ...

Getting beat by Kentucky, that's a projected 6 seed in the tournament doesn't even compare to getting beat by Mississippi State and Old Miss. State and Ole Miss are not even projected to be in the NCAA tournament. Some of you guys are really reaching. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 08:51:58 am
Getting beat by Kentucky, that's a projected 6 seed in the tournament doesn't even compare to getting beat by Mississippi State and Old Miss. State and Ole Miss are not even projected to be in the NCAA tournament. Some of you guys are really reaching. 

Umm, you do remember the Hogs got beaten by Miss St. Or are you referring to getting beaten by them at home?

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TushCrush

Last night we had an opportunity to steal a big win. We blew it.
Now our backs are against the wall.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 08:54:37 am
Umm, you do remember the Hogs got beaten by Miss St. Or are you referring to getting beaten by them at home?

Yes. I'm talking about losing at home to Miss. State or Ole Miss at this time of year. We've won 4 of 5 games against teams we couldn't afford to lose to. A loss against Kentucky didn't hurt us but a win could've helped a lot.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TushCrush on February 21, 2018, 08:54:37 am

If I'm MA, I'm building on the positive. This is the same team that jumped out to a 11-0 lead against Kentucky. The same team that won 4 of the last 5 games. Take this L and learn from it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 09:00:47 am
Yes. I'm talking about losing at home to Miss. State or Ole Miss at this time of year. We've won 4 of 5 games against teams we couldn't afford to lose to. A loss against Kentucky didn't hurt us but a win could've helped a lot.

Fair enough. I said yesterday they only need 1 win out of the last 4 to make the ncaat, and none of that changed.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hvsupastar

Losing to UK is a colossal failure.....  I've been a member of hogville for a long time so I shouldn't be surprised. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TushCrush

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 09:03:05 am
If I'm MA, I'm building on the positive.
That's all he can do. Now we move on to Alabama.

TushCrush

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 21, 2018, 09:06:45 am
Losing to UK is a colossal failure..... 
I can remember someone saying "All sickness is not death."  8)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 10:55:23 pm
We're toast IMO. Literally 1 meaningful win all season and a plethora of wasted opportunities in which we usually weren't even close. Not seeing a happy ending this season.

That's Mediocre Mike for ya.....

Quote from: TushCrush on February 21, 2018, 08:54:37 am
I get your main point, but we were 5 point favorites at home. That's not stealing a win. Closer to gave one away.

Hogz87

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 08:51:58 am
Yeah, that joke would've worked better had last night been the night we got blown out at home by LSU.  Kentucky is a solid team with the talent of a very good team.  But Mizzou definitely should've been the "Hold my beer..." team in that joke.