Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"When we get deep into the season, our conditioning really starts paying off"

Started by HogPhilosophy, February 20, 2018, 10:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPhilosophy

Thats what Coach TJ Cleveland said on Bo's show a week ago.

I dont understand then why we ALWAYS see a team at the end of the season that looks absolutely gassed. Anyone else remember a few years ago that we didn't make the tourney because our players were so worn out and fell short the last couple of games. The staff talks about our conditioning as if its our holy grail, yet we have nights like tonight where we get absolutely worn out on the court. Frustrating and Im tired of this coach talk

k.c.hawg

The fact that we got nothing from CJ Jones and very little from Hall hurt bad. Up and down game, bench got shorter, guys were gassed.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HogPhilosophy

TeufelHog

You could see the difference in conditioning between Kentucky players and Arkansas players just by looking at them at the beginning of the game.  Muscle tone and body fat difference was obvious to the naked eye.  Why "#1" is allowed to play at all just based on fitness/conditioning is beyond me.  Note the lack of hustle every time he's on the court.  Baffles me.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 20, 2018, 11:36:48 pm
You could see the difference in conditioning between Kentucky players and Arkansas players just by looking at them at the beginning of the game.  Muscle tone and body fat difference was obvious to the naked eye.  Why "#1" is allowed to play at all just based on fitness/conditioning is beyond me.  Note the lack of hustle every time he's on the court.  Baffles me.

Your talking about physical appearance vs conditioning or am I missing something?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rude1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:45:43 pm
The fact that we got nothing from CJ Jones and very little from Hall hurt bad. Up and down game, bench got shorter, guys were gassed.
Then why is the coach who is the one shortening the bench, has his starters running, trapping, and pressuring all over the court?

TeufelHog

They are related . . . especially when you are carrying more weight than you need to be.

Yosemite Ham

Our team looked tired in the shoot around. Barford was gassed before half time. We are lacking stamina. Also Coach Cal was coaching harder when his crew had the lead than Mike did 15 points behind. Same story. No sense or urgency and bad shot selection.
Elmer Fudds a [CENSORED]