Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 11:25:01 pm

Fyi

Started by island hog, November 22, 2017, 08:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

My niece works in the Longhorn foundation and just told me that word there is that Sumlin will be the next Hog coach. I told her to pour some water on that info round there

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TX HOG

He and Gus both averaged about the same amount of wins in the SEC with better recruits than they'd get here. I'll pass on both.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 08:30:26 pm
He and Gus both averaged about the same amount of wins in the SEC with better recruits than they'd get here. I'll pass on both.

If I had to pick a coach that's been canned or likely will be canned, I'll take Kiffin.

At least he spent three years with the best in the bidness.
This is my non-signature signature.

TX HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 08:33:44 pm
If I had to pick a coach that's been canned or likely will be canned, I'll take Kiffin.

At least he spent three years with the best in the bidness.

I'd take that deal. Gus and Sumin's records over last 5/6 years with the recruits they'd get here probably  correlate  to 6/7 wins a year. I'm sure Kiffin could do at least that and probably better

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

1highhog

I'd take Kiffin over Any of the 3 mentioned,  even with the bad reputation he has brought upon himself from Tennessee and USC.

Justifiable Hogicide

I'd stand up and cheer for Kiffin.

Dark Helmet Hog

Horn arrogance at work. They know nothing,

Pigstie

I'd get on the Lane Train.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

bphi11ips

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 08:30:26 pm

What do you consider to be "about the same"? 

Malzahn is 24-15 (64%) in the SEC and is playing Saturday for his second SEC West division title in 5 years. Auburn's permanent East opponent is Georgia.

Sumlin is 25-22 (53%) in the SEC and has never won a division title. A&M's permanent opponent is South Carolina.

Where do you guys come up with this BS?   

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TX HOG

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 08:59:48 pm
What do you consider to be "about the same"? 

Malzahn is 24-15 (64%) in the SEC and is playing Saturday for his second SEC West division title in 5 years. Auburn's permanent East opponent is Georgia.

Sumlin is 25-22 (53%) in the SEC and has never won a division title. A&M's permanent opponent is South Carolina.

Where do you guys come up with this BS?   

I added up total wins and divided by years. I could have entered my numbers incorrectly but don't think I did. I meant as coaches in the SEC, not SEC record. Total wins per year

bphi11ips

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 09:01:02 pm
I added up total wins and divided by years. I could have entered my numbers incorrectly but don't think I did. I meant as coaches in the SEC, not SEC record. Total wins per year

The record is the record.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TX HOG

Average wins

Gus- 9 wins/ year  if he gets one more in this year

Sumlin- 8.5 wins/year

TX HOG

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 09:06:35 pm

I agree average total wins per year. My math could be wrong.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: island hog on November 22, 2017, 08:25:32 pm
My niece works in the Longhorn foundation and just told me that word there is that Sumlin will be the next Hog coach. I told her to pour some water on that info round there

Cool story bro.

From Tusk Till Dawn

If you were twisting my arm, I'd take Sumlin over Gus.  Would decline on both for the same reasons though.

island hog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 22, 2017, 09:12:11 pm
Cool story bro.
she has worked there for two years and my other niece, her sister worked in the foundation for three years prior.  That niece told me about the split betwee the big money at UT for Strong and that he was on thin ice well before he was fired.  No BS here just what she said.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 09:07:56 pm
I agree average total wins per year. My math could be wrong.

Gus has actually won the SEC during his time there.

TX HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:22:18 pm
Gus has actually won the SEC during his time there.

This is correct

code red

Folks on here don't want Sumlin?  Really?  All I have heard is we can't recruit Texas?  Well.  Here you go the dude has beat Bama?  Shut the freak up I'd take him in a New York minute.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 09:25:19 pm
This is correct

Of course it took the bounce off the helmet pass and a Kick 6 to do it, but hey, why not. He won it regardless.

j-mann

my 3 choies 
1 novell 
2 kiffin
3 gary p
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

TX HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:28:10 pm
Of course it took the bounce off the helmet pass and a Kick 6 to do it, but hey, why not. He won it regardless.

It was a fantastic season for Auburn.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 08:36:17 pm
I'd take that deal. Gus and Sumin's records over last 5/6 years with the recruits they'd get here probably  correlate  to 6/7 wins a year. I'm sure Kiffin could do at least that and probably better

Not to mention the media exposure he'd garner us.

TX HOG

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 22, 2017, 09:34:40 pm
Not to mention the media exposure he'd garner us.

Which is free and instant recruiting

moses_007

The Longhorn Foundation in the know, huh.... lol

Großer Kriegschwein

8-9 wins at Auburn doesn't necessarily mean 6-7 at Arkansas.

Sumlin is a good coach, just worried about his drinking.

Gus is a good coach, with an easy to install system.

Kiffin is a good coach, with a system that worked very well at Alabama with as close to professional athletes as you can find in college football. It seems to be working at FAU.

Kevin

If Kelly was not taking ucla he would have been on their list
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TX HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:42:50 pm

Kiffin is a good coach, with a system that worked very well at Alabama with as close to professional athletes as you can find in college football. It seems to be working at FAU.

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:42:50 pm

I agree it doesn't necessarily mean 6-7 wins. Just my opinion of how'd the numbers would work out. I don't see him pulling in top 10 classes, maybe he can. IMO

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 09:46:16 pm
I agree it doesn't necessarily mean 6-7 wins. Just my opinion of how'd the numbers would work out. I don't see him pulling in top 10 classes, maybe he can. IMO

Much of Bret and Jeff's problems were from their overuse of numbers.

Bobby never pulled top 10 classes.

TX HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:49:38 pm
Much of Bret and Jeff's problems were from their overuse of numbers.

Bobby never pulled top 10 classes.

Absolutely. Bobby worked wonders here for a few years. He had 2 really good years and one good year. I feel like Gus is a 9 win a year coach with top 10 talent. Could he win 9 games a year at Arkansas with less talent? Possibly. I think we could do a lot worse than Gus. I'm also at the point where I want to roll the dice. Let's play. Let's gamble. Let's have some fun. No coach minus ones we aren't getting are a sure thing.

zuko

I say bring back Petrino.

redhogchilipepper

My cousins cousin works for his cousin and she works at Hooters and said the cook talked to a Butler equipment manager and Urban Spurrier was a lock

sowmonella

Quote from: island hog on November 22, 2017, 08:25:32 pm

Let me see if I've understood your post. So the Longhorn Foundation is advised from the Texas Aggie people information as to who will be the next coach at Arkansas?  Not exactly credible.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 09:06:35 pm

His actual point remains valid, all semantic arguments aside.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

island hog

Quote from: sowmonella on November 22, 2017, 10:20:04 pm
Let me see if I've understood your post. So the Longhorn Foundation is advised from the Texas Aggie people information as to who will be the next coach at Arkansas?  Not exactly credible.
she knows that I'm a huge Razorback fan and wanted to let me know what she has heard. Not saying that it carries any weight other than she has heard this

shanewayne

Were not hiring Nick Saban  were goin after a up in comer  so, with that said  whos the name?  Saban coordinators seem to do pretty well  aka Kirby at Georgia 
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

jgphillips3

Well, that would be a disaster. 

BOAR_N2BWILD

Sumlin- I worry about his lack of control of his teams. Lots of discipline problems at aTm.
Gus- Lots of drama always. Don't like his past history of recruiting (even in high school)
Kiffin- has done nothing major. A mannequin could win as OC at Alabama
Leach- Scares the crap out of me- never know what he is going to do.
Norvell- really has not done anything to be an SEC head coach. Not saying he couldn't just saying he hasn't

I will support whomever the AD hires as long as they are running a clean program.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Quickdraw

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 22, 2017, 10:29:58 pm
Sumlin- I worry about his lack of control of his teams. Lots of discipline problems at aTm.
Gus- Lots of drama always. Don't like his past history of recruiting (even in high school)
Kiffin- has done nothing major. A mannequin could win as OC at Alabama
Leach- Scares the crap out of me- never know what he is going to do.
Norvell- really has not done anything to be an SEC head coach. Not saying he couldn't just saying he hasn't

I will support whomever the AD hires as long as they are running a clean program.

It seems to me these coaches wins are about the same which means it really doesn't matter which one you pick the results will be very similar.

Applebottomjeans

Nobody has mentioned Venables in this thread. I want him

sickboy

TebowHater

Quote from: Applebottomjeans on November 22, 2017, 11:01:48 pm
Nobody has mentioned Venables in this thread. I want him

I would agree this is probably the best choice. No one else really has done that much consistently and all have had chances. Venables has been great and hasn't had a chance yet. If it doesn't work out, we try again in three years

STLhawg

YtownHog

Quote from: code red on November 22, 2017, 09:27:19 pm
Folks on here don't want Sumlin?  Really?  All I have heard is we can't recruit Texas?  Well.  Here you go the dude has beat Bama?  Shut the freak up I'd take him in a New York minute.

Not to mention the chip he would have on his shoulder. 

Here's another thing.  People want an up and comer. Guess what? Sumlin wa sees hot coming out of Houston when hired at A&M.  Aggies have always Aggies. I would be ok with him, theguy can recruit.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: YtownHog on November 22, 2017, 11:23:10 pm
Not to mention the chip he would have on his shoulder. 

Here's another thing.  People want an up and comer. Guess what? Sumlin wa sees hot coming out of Houston when hired at A&M.  Aggies have always Aggies. I would be ok with him, theguy can recruit.
Wait wait wait. But...hasn't he done "less with more" like Gus has according to the haters? I'm confused.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 22, 2017, 11:26:55 pm
Wait wait wait. But...hasn't he done "less with more" like Gus has according to the haters? I'm confused.
It's not hating to point out that Gus should have had better records considering the talent he had to work with.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 22, 2017, 11:37:43 pm
It's not hating to point out that Gus should have had better records considering the talent he had to work with.
Come on...really? Sumlin shouldn't have? Let's use our heads here.

Smalltownhog95

You know what Frost, Norvell, and Campbell have in common? They havent proven they can do less with more like Kiffin,Sumlin, and Gus have. I'd take an up and comer we could catch lightening with over a retread any day. Unless it was the perfect retread like Petrino after the falcons or Nicky  after the dolphins.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!