Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Chryst

Started by Captain Morgan, November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcards

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:31:31 pm
They both lost to Iowa State so that would be a wash. Then you go big OOC win and OU won at Oh10 $tate and then TCU won at a 4 win Arkansas. I think OU gets the nod if both beat each other

Ah, good points.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hogarusa

An undefeated P5 school will ALWAYS make the CFB playoffs, unless a crazy year gives us 5 undefeated conference champions. Wiscy is ranked 5th, 2 teams in front of them play each other. The math isn't difficult
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:26:37 pm
Oklahoma wins the tiebreaker over Oh10 $tate because of when OU blew them out in Columbus. Clemson also holds the head to head tiebreaker with Auburn. So it could get interesting. As strange as it sounds Alabama losing on Saturday could secure them a birth.

Don't buy this at all.  It's still a "what have you done for me lately" deal with the exception of Bama.  If OU loses, they are out no matter.  And a 2 lose SEC champ is getting in over a 2 loss ACC runner up.  So AU and Bama are in.  And Miami is in of course.  And tOSU probably sneaks in over Clemson.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 22, 2017, 02:35:51 pm
An undefeated P5 school will ALWAYS make the CFB playoffs, unless a crazy year gives us 5 undefeated conference champions. Wiscy is ranked 5th, 2 teams in front of them play each other. The math isn't difficult

Yep.  If Wisky wins out, and they won't, then they're in.  Without a doubt.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 02:37:26 pm
Yep.  If Wisky wins out, and they won't, then they're in.  Without a doubt.

They due for a bad game.  I watched them 3 times this season.  Against Michigan, Illinois and Northwestern.  They're vastly over-rated.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 02:43:34 pm
They due for a bad game.  I watched them 3 times this season.  Against Michigan, Illinois and Northwestern.  They're vastly over-rated.

And tOSU seems to do this every year.  Screw up in the middle of the season, but come back with a vengeance.  They'll probably embarrass Wisky.  And I'll hate every second of it, because I know this committee will find a way to get tOSU into the playoff.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 02:36:08 pm
Don't buy this at all.  It's still a "what have you done for me lately" deal with the exception of Bama.  If OU loses, they are out no matter.  And a 2 lose SEC champ is getting in over a 2 loss ACC runner up.  So AU and Bama are in.  And Miami is in of course.  And tOSU probably sneaks in over Clemson.

So Oh10 $tate getting blown out in both their losses including to 6 win unranked Iowa doesn't hurt them? Clemson would beat Oh10 $tate by 2 TDs and OU already showed they can. Its best 4 teams to me.... Conference be darned

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 02:45:58 pm
And tOSU seems to do this every year.  Screw up in the middle of the season, but come back with a vengeance.  They'll probably embarrass Wisky.  And I'll hate every second of it, because I know this committee will find a way to get tOSU into the playoff.

Yep, the talking heads at ESPN are already slathering over the idea.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:47:39 pm
So Oh10 $tate getting blown out in both their losses including to 6 win unranked Iowa doesn't hurt them? Clemson would beat Oh10 $tate by 2 TDs and OU already showed they can. Its best 4 teams to me.... Conference be darned

But it won't be about the 'best 4 teams'.  It never is.  That's just lip service. 

They aren't going to put a 2 loss ACC runner up in over a 2 loss Big10 champion.  Especially when doing so means putting 2 ACC team in with no Big10 team.  Not gonna happen I bet.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 22, 2017, 02:35:51 pm

Yes it is. If Auburn wins the SEC and Alabama only loses to Auburn then there is no place for Wisconsin.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:58:33 pm
Yes it is. If Auburn wins the SEC and Alabama only loses to Auburn then there is no place for Wisconsin.

No, an undefeated Wisky would take the spot of the loser between Clemson and Miami.  And/or if OU stumbles in the next 2 weeks, and I bet there's a good chance they will, then Wisky gets their spot. 

An undefeated Wisky is absolutely in the playoff.

hogcards

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:58:33 pm

This is correct. 

If Bama loses a close game this weekend to Auburn, they won't fall any further than 3.  Quite possibly 2.  The winner of the UGA-Auburn game would then get a slot with Bama.

Then some of the PTB and ESPN talking heads will whine until the field is expanded to 8.  ...and a few years later, a fringe top 10 team will bi&h and moan until the field is expanded to 12. Then 16...  lather, rinse, repeat.

Hell, the year Ohio St, won it, I think it was 2014, they leap frogged both Baylor and TCU during the last week.  From what I believe was the number 6 slot.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:00:47 pm
No, an undefeated Wisky would take the spot of the loser between Clemson and Miami.  And/or if OU stumbles in the next 2 weeks, and I bet there's a good chance they will, then Wisky gets their spot. 

An undefeated Wisky is absolutely in the playoff.

That may be true, but it's still an awful scenario.  As of right now, they have the 55th toughest schedule in the country.  ...and it will fall even further after this Saturday.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:12:55 pm
That may be true, but it's still an awful scenario.  As of right now, they have the 55th toughest schedule in the country.  ...and it will fall even further after this Saturday.

It won't matter!  They will be an undefeated P5 conference champ with a season ending win over a top 10 tOSU.  An undefeated Wisky is IN!!!!!!!

Wisconsin Guy

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 02:04:22 pm
The Wisconsin lunatic and Iceman say Chryst is the only reason Bielema was successful at Wisconsin.  Cray cray.  Put Chryst at Arkansas and Bielema at Wisconsin for the last 5 years and their records are reversed.

"The Wisconsin lunatic" is amused to discover that you're even more clueless than your avatar.

#1Fan

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am
Is a cry baby coach.. Loves to whine when he plays no one. He will have to beat Oh10 $tate 52-0 to even have a chance at that no 4 seed and sadly he knows it. So he cries and makes excuses
Back to the OP.  Where did Chryst cry and whine?  Link?

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:15:11 pm
It won't matter!  They will be an undefeated P5 conference champ with a season ending win over a top 10 tOSU.  An undefeated Wisky is IN!!!!!!!

When Wisconsin beats Oh10 $tate, the suckeyes will fall out if the top 10 so wrong answer

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:15:11 pm

...I probably agree

but that still doesn't make it right.

...another scenario

Bama beats Auburn, but loses to UGA.  Oklahoma wins out.  Clemson beats Miami. Wisconsin wins out. 

Does Wisconsin still get the nod over UGA?  i.e. do you put in a conference winner from a weak conference over the SEC champion?

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 03:20:00 pm
When Wisconsin beats Oh10 $tate, the suckeyes will fall out if the top 10 so wrong answer

Whatever.  tOSU would drop a few spots after the loss, but it's inconsequential.  And by top 10, I meant when they play each other, which is what any sober person means when quoting a team's ranking.

Wisky controls it's own destiny.  They'll lose, of course, but they control their own destiny.

#1Fan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:12:55 pm
And Alabama's is 63rd toughest.

hogcards

Quote from: #1Fan on November 22, 2017, 03:25:50 pm

Bama's will improve.  Especially after Saturday and more than likely after the SEC championship game.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:21:08 pm
...I probably agree

...another scenario

Bama beats Auburn, but loses to UGA.  Oklahoma wins out.  Clemson beats Miami. Wisconsin wins out. 

Does Wisconsin still get the nod over UGA?  i.e. do you put in a conference winner from a weak conference over the SEC champion?

Now THAT's a compelling scenario.  I may have to eat my words if this happens!!!!!  If it's a true "best team" scenario, then Wisky would have to be out.  WOuld be interesting to see if the committee actually eliminated Wisky in that scenario.  I think there'd be a better chance of Bama being eliminated than Wisky.

Frankly, I just want tOSU out.  Don't care after that.

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:29:01 pm
Now THAT's a compelling scenario.  I may have to eat my words if this happens!!!!!  If it's a true "best team" scenario, then Wisky would have to be out.  WOuld be interesting to see if the committee actually eliminated Wisky in that scenario.  I think there'd be a better chance of Bama being eliminated than Wisky.

Frankly, I just want tOSU out.  Don't care after that.

No chance.

...and I would relish the whining from Wisconsin.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

I predict it will be Bama, Clemson, tOSU and Miami.  All except Miami win out to secure a birth, but Miami still gets the final spot because OU trips up this week or next.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:31:19 pm
No chance.

I agree if it's truly 'best teams' make it in.  I just don't believe that's what actually happens in that scenario.  They will put a LOT of weight into conference champ status...especially an undefeated champ.  Tis why tOSU leapfrogged a few teams in 2014 to make the playoff.

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:33:29 pm
I predict it will be Bama, Clemson, tOSU and Miami.  All except Miami win out to secure a birth, but Miami still gets the final spot because OU trips up this week or next.

Good possibility

I could also see:
Clemson
Bama
Ok
Auburn

Put it this way, if Auburn beats Bama this weekend, they will leap frog Wisconsin in a major way.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Wisconsin Guy

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am
Is a cry baby coach.. Loves to whine when he plays no one. He will have to beat Oh10 $tate 52-0 to even have a chance at that no 4 seed and sadly he knows it. So he cries and makes excuses

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue who Chryst is or what makes the man tick. Do yourself a favor and read this. It may not entirely enlighten you, but it'll be a start.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsins-paul-chryst-doesnt-sound-perfect-record

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:36:23 pm
Good possibility

I could also see:
Clemson
Bama
Ok
Auburn

Put it this way, if Auburn beats Bama this weekend, they will leap frog Wisconsin in a major way.

It all comes down to comparing conference champs.  In all these scenarios, only Wisky is an undefeated conference champ.  That will carry TREMENDOUS weight. 

#1Fan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:36:23 pm
Good possibility

I could also see:
Clemson
Bama
Ok
Auburn

In this scenario, Bama would be out .  Weak SOS, no conference championship and already an SEC team in.  No way they put in a second SEC team who didn't even play in the CCG.  Wisky would be in if they win out.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1Fan on November 22, 2017, 03:54:56 pm
In this scenario, Bama would be out .  Weak SOS, no conference championship and already an SEC team in.  No way they put in a second SEC team who didn't even play in the CCG.  Wisky would be in if they win out.

I agree.  I see no scenario where an undefeated Wisky gets left out.  Again, that's assuming the committee works like it always has.

Wisconsin Guy

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:31:19 pm
No chance.

What the hell did Wisconsin ever do to you? 

Dado

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 22, 2017, 12:16:06 pm
You people are nuts if they beat Ohio State by a point on a 99 yard fumble return with00:00 on the clock they are in period

100% Correct

The Hogfather

Quote from: Wisconsin Guy on November 22, 2017, 03:51:10 pm
Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue who Chryst is or what makes the man tick. Do yourself a favor and read this. It may not entirely enlighten you, but it'll be a start.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsins-paul-chryst-doesnt-sound-perfect-record

Funny when fans of other teams come to another team's message board to convince us their coach is great.  Always makes me laugh.  Thanks!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Wisconsin Guy on November 22, 2017, 04:01:03 pm
What the hell did Wisconsin ever do to you? 

Play the weakest schedule ever and whine about how they get no respect for being a college football powerhouse.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: #1Fan on November 22, 2017, 03:25:50 pm

Alabama has trailed in games of a total of just over 6 minutes all year. The game control aspect Alabama blows every team off the map

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 03:33:29 pm

You would have to put 2 loss Oklahoma in over 2 loss Oh10 $tate. 31-16 in Columbus... Remember that game? Baker Mayfield planted the flag at the O?

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 04:17:46 pm
Play the weakest schedule ever and whine about how they get no respect for being a college football powerhouse.

Same

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 04:21:35 pm
You would have to put 2 loss Oklahoma in over 2 loss Oh10 $tate. 31-16 in Columbus... Remember that game? Baker Mayfield planted the flag at the O?

Except tOSU will have the same record, but be a conference champ, while OU won't.  The committee will be much more focused on the here and now, not 9 or 10 weeks ago.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 04:24:39 pm
Except tOSU will have the same record, but be a conference champ, while OU won't.
so you don't think this is picking the best 4 teams then? Oh10 $tate would give up 40 to OU on neutral field.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 04:26:47 pm
so you don't think this is picking the best 4 teams then? Oh10 $tate would give up 40 to OU on neutral field.

If you'd read my posts, you'd know that I've said it over and over that it won't be about the best 4 teams.  It NEVER is.  The committee will interpret a conference champion as being the same thing as "best team", and they'd be right much more often than not.  Again, it's why tOSU leap-frogged TCU and Baylor in the final pole in 2014.  tOSU won the conference, while the other 2 were sitting at home.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 04:30:54 pm
If you'd read my posts, you'd know that I've said it over and over that it won't be about the best 4 teams.  It NEVER is.  The committee will interpret a conference champion as being the same thing as "best team", and they'd be right much more often than not.  Again, it's why tOSU leap-frogged TCU and Baylor in the final pole in 2014.  tOSU won the conference, while the other 2 were sitting at home.

Oh10 $tate leapfroged TCU because they beat Wisconsin 52-0. Had the buckeyes won 24-21 then TCU would have made the playoff.

UA1985

They would leave out a one-loss team that's actually better than Wisconsin (OK, even AL if they sustain a loss) before they would exclude an undefeated Power 5 school. WI need only beat Ohio St by one point.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 04:33:43 pm
Oh10 $tate leapfroged TCU because they beat Wisconsin 52-0. Had the buckeyes won 24-21 then TCU would have made the playoff.

Simply not true.  It was tOSU...one of the most prolific FB programs in history coached by Meyer.  All they had to do was win that game by 1 point.  tOSU only had 1 loss with a conference championship, while TCU and Baylor also had 1 loss each, but no conference championship.  tOSU was 12-1 while the other 2 were 11-1.  The math really isn't hard.

And i expect tOSU will embarrass Wisky in the CG again this year.  I just hope it isn't enough for them to make it into the playoffs.  I'm good with Wisky getting in, but I hate tOSU more than any program.  Will be a huge MI fan this weekend, but I believe it will be futile.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: UA1985 on November 22, 2017, 04:37:28 pm
They would leave out a one-loss team that's actually better than Wisconsin (OK, even AL if they sustain a loss) before they would exclude an undefeated Power 5 school. WI need only beat Ohio St by one point.

Unbelievable how hard it is for some to grasp this point.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 04:41:05 pm
Simply not true.  It was tOSU...one of the most prolific FB programs in history coached by Meyer.  All they had to do is win that game.  tOSU only had 1 loss with a conference championship, while TCU and Baylor also had 1 loss each, but no conference championship.  tOSU was 12-1 while the other 2 were 11-1.  The math really isn't hard.

And i expect tOSU will embarrass Wisky in the CG again this year.  I just hope it isn't enough for them to make it into the playoffs.  I'm good with Wisky getting in, but I hate tOSU more than any program.  Will be a huge MI fan this weekend, but I believe it will be futile.

We both are buckeye haters. I'm with you there but if it wasn't for prestige and I told you a team got blown out by unranked Iowa 55-24 who lost to North Dakota State would you think that team would be in the top 4? I think the logo and prestige is the problem. Had TCU or Baylor been Texas or Oklahoma the result would likely be different

Hogarusa

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 03:21:08 pm
...I probably agree

...another scenario

This isnt difficult- the conference champs of Wiscy, Georgia, Clemson, and OU are in. Bama finishes at 5.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Captain Morgan

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 04:17:46 pm

Best post of the week

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 04:43:45 pm
We both are buckeye haters. I'm with you there but if it wasn't for prestige and I told you a team got blown out by unranked Iowa 55-24 who lost to North Dakota State would you think that team would be in the top 4? I think the logo and prestige is the problem. Had TCU or Baylor been Texas or Oklahoma the result would likely be different

No it wouldn't have.  A 12-1 tOSU conference champ in 2014 would have been picked over an 11-1 TX or OU with no conference championship.  It would have been an easy call for the committee.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 22, 2017, 04:44:10 pm
This isnt difficult- the conference champs of Wiscy, Georgia, Clemson, and OU are in. Bama finishes at 5.

Yeah, that's how I'd expect the committee to play it. 

jgphillips3

They really need to go to at least 6 teams, preferably 8 and be done.