Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking lot 44

Started by Tyro3, June 02, 2017, 09:53:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

I received a letter from the foundation saying that lot 44 (the pit) will be impacted by the construction and I will have to pick a different parking lot. I have been going to games for over 50 years, I checked with a friend at the foundation and he said for an additional $10,000.00 I could probably keep my parking space in lot 44.

apparently lot 44 will lose some parking space permanently, they are not sure how much, I have been given a date and time that I can pick a new parking lot, has anyone else received a similar letter and what do you intend to do about it?

ricepig

Move, and I thought they said 300 spaces would be lost, equal to what they've built on Razorback Rd.

The_Iceman

Cost of progress. Pay up or find a new spot.

AirWarren

texas tush hog

Quote from: Tyro3 on June 02, 2017, 09:53:53 am
I received a letter from the foundation saying that lot 44 (the pit) will be impacted by the construction and I will have to pick a different parking lot. I have been going to games for over 50 years, I checked with a friend at the foundation and he said for an additional $10,000.00 I could probably keep my parking space in lot 44.

apparently lot 44 will lose some parking space permanently, they are not sure how much, I have been given a date and time that I can pick a new parking lot, has anyone else received a similar letter and what do you intend to do about it?

I have been parking in Lot # 44 since 1975 and I did receive a letter telling me that I had to move, at least for this coming year. I talked with Terry Prentice at the foundation and he told me I will be able to return in 2018 if I upped my donation to $5000.00 but only because of my very high amount of priority points, if not for my continuous longevity I would indeed have to donate $10,000.00 annually. I moved to the Meadow street parking garage for this year while I consider my future options. Will maintain my status quo but that couch and that 60 inch TV is looking better and better every day. The length of the drive and the cost of hotels is becoming increasingly more difficult every year.

hobhog

Uh oh. I've already had my parking permit pushed down by Leverett after my lot was converts to practice field. Now I'm guessing the Lot 44 folks will push me to North College....

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on June 02, 2017, 01:34:01 pm
Uh oh. I've already had my parking permit pushed down by Leverett after my lot was converts to practice field. Now I'm guessing the Lot 44 folks will push me to North College....

Elkins......

Tyro3

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 02, 2017, 01:26:00 pm
I have been parking in Lot # 44 since 1975 and I did receive a letter telling me that I had to move, at least for this coming year. I talked with Terry Prentice at the foundation and he told me I will be able to return in 2018 if I upped my donation to $5000.00 but only because of my very high amount of priority points, if not for my continuous longevity I would indeed have to donate $10,000.00 annually. I moved to the Meadow street parking garage for this year while I consider my future options. Will maintain my status quo but that couch and that 60 inch TV is looking better and better every day. The length of the drive and the cost of hotels is becoming increasingly more difficult every year.

My priority points are 707.5 and doesn't include 10 years of donations  before 1975, not sure where that stacks up with other donors, but I am not a happy camper, at my age (77) I need the shortest walk I can get.

Well I guess I will have to suck it up (as my grandkids say) and deal with it.

GO HOGS!

ImHogginIt

This. Driving up from Dallas every game and sitting cramped in stadium seating with my back and knee issues became more and more difficult so in 2012 I cut the cord on 20 years of season tickets. Plus the expense was starting to creep up close to my breaking point. I try and attend 1-2 games in Fayetteville plus the Aggie game down here now. Heck last year I just went to the Aggie game. I miss tailgating but age caught up to me and overcame my enjoyment of attending.

PorkSoda

10K for parking?  I'd get a private limo to drop you off at the door instead.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Oklahawg

We are in a similar position. Longevity and consistent giving, but cannot pony up the huge cash donations that are out there. We NEED the good parking for an infirm senior citizen but that no longer works. It will likely turn into a drop off as we drive by the stadium, ending any hope of a tailgate from further away.

No hating here - we have had it lucky for a long time.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Horse racer

How do they calculate points from dollars ?

texas tush hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 02, 2017, 06:23:22 pm
This. Driving up from Dallas every game and sitting cramped in stadium seating with my back and knee issues became more and more difficult so in 2012 I cut the cord on 20 years of season tickets. Plus the expense was starting to creep up close to my breaking point. I try and attend 1-2 games in Fayetteville plus the Aggie game down here now. Heck last year I just went to the Aggie game. I miss tailgating but age caught up to me and overcame my enjoyment of attending.

I feel your pain.

LRrazorback

Not to mention it's a mediocre team we spend our money on

IronMountainHog

Rich people problems, boo frickin hoo. Try parking 2 miles away and marching up Mount Razorback to get your day started like the rest of us knuckle draggers.

1highhog

It's only $10,000, pocket change my man!  ;)

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 03, 2017, 12:49:12 pm
Rich people problems, boo frickin hoo. Try parking 2 miles away and marching up Mount Razorback to get your day started like the rest of us knuckle draggers.

If you have enough expendable money to go to a Razorback game you are richer than most of the world.

Don't want to walk 2 miles?  Then park at Baum and take the FREE bus.

ricepig

You can always park on Cleveland, and walk down to the stadium.....

McKdaddy

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 02, 2017, 11:41:41 pm

No hating here - we have had it lucky for a long time.

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

IronMountainHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2017, 02:34:49 pm
Quote from: hog13hog on June 03, 2017, 02:21:24 pm
If you have enough expendable money to go to a Razorback game you are richer than most of the world.

Don't want to walk 2 miles?  Then park at Baum and take the FREE bus.
My employer pays for the tickets and I take clients and entertain them. Oh and by the way, we are 1 row from the top in the 500's.

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 03, 2017, 03:18:07 pm
My employer pays for the tickets and I take clients and entertain them. Oh and by the way, we are 1 row from the top in the 500's.

Tell him to get you a better parking spot, clients don't like to walk.

Bigmac2

Heck, I'd sell you spot in lot 42 if you want it just for parking. Past couple of years it's been easier to park on MLK and walk up. $20 bucks at Wendy's gets you an easy in and out before and after the game and a snack before and after. If you park north of the stadium it takes 45 minutes to a hour and a half just to get to the interstate. On MLK it takes 15 to 25 minutes. You have the walk uphill to get to the stadium but it's all downhill afterwards. Please don't tell you friends, I don't want to lose my spot at Wendy's.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2017, 03:19:26 pm
Tell him to get you a better parking spot, clients don't like to walk.
Wish me luck with that, my management bunch are as cheap as a WalMart tent. They do let us get them drunk, so that eases their pain a little.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Bigmac2 on June 03, 2017, 03:59:02 pm
Please don't tell you friends, I don't want to lose my spot at Wendy's.
dude, you just posted it on the internet lol
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jvanhorn

why in the hell would you do something like that?  I know Barnum said there was a sucker born every minute, and if that was the only way you could get to see the game I would understand, but this is just on you.

longpig

Quote from: Bigmac2 on June 03, 2017, 03:59:02 pm
Heck, I'd sell you spot in lot 42 if you want it just for parking. Past couple of years it's been easier to park on MLK and walk up. $20 bucks at Wendy's gets you an easy in and out before and after the game and a snack before and after. If you park north of the stadium it takes 45 minutes to a hour and a half just to get to the interstate. On MLK it takes 15 to 25 minutes. You have the walk uphill to get to the stadium but it's all downhill afterwards. Please don't tell you friends, I don't want to lose my spot at Wendy's.

Our routine is parking at the Mexican food joint on MLK free. Sit at the bar pre and post game, make a 40 oz adult beverage for the walk up the mountain.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2017, 02:34:49 pm

Downhill both ways.....

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on June 04, 2017, 03:43:44 pm
Downhill both ways.....

Yep, it's a natural phenomenon........

LZH

Been parking at the elementary school there across from Lot 40 for the past couple of years. Not a bad walk at all.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I tailgated at a couple of wineries and the brewery, took an uber to the game and walked down to my motel on MLK.... The last walk was killer. Next time I'm gonna find someone to tailgate with AFTER the game and call an uber when the place clears out...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Oklahawg

The joys of building a stadium on the side of a mountain...and on campus.

Waiting for the call for a 4-story parking garage in Lot 44. Fund it with long-term parking commitments. A simple structure with side or rooftop areas for tailgating wouldn't cost a huge amount and would hold several hundred vehicles. 500 vehicles at $1000/year pays for the damn thing in a year or two or three.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Stephen Greene

is this the karioke lot?

If so, $10K is a bargain

thebignasty

Usually pretty easy parking at fayetteville high.  Think it's still 10 bucks. The walk up stadium drive isn't bad.

hogfanmd

so far with this construction process I've
Lost my east outdoor club seats and converted to indoor club seats
Had to increase my donation to keep my lot 44 pass
So I feel like the sucker and loser to some extent
Most people pay the money for the parking. You can always find tickets
I think some of lot 44 after the construction will be assigned to loge box and suites in the new construction area so I was worried I could not get back in after the fact.   High pressure sales I guess.  Like going to a time share presentation.

Jackrabbit Hog

Send ricepig $2,500 and you'll get a 2017 Lot 44 parking pass in the mail within three days.

Unmarked bills; small denominations. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfanmd on June 10, 2017, 01:57:17 pm
so far with this construction process I've
Lost my east outdoor club seats and converted to indoor club seats
Had to increase my donation to keep my lot 44 pass
So I feel like the sucker and loser to some extent
Most people pay the money for the parking. You can always find tickets
I think some of lot 44 after the construction will be assigned to loge box and suites in the new construction area so I was worried I could not get back in after the fact.   High pressure sales I guess.  Like going to a time share presentation.

Well, you haven't lost your seats yet, you get them for this year, haha. I noticed the other day when they first put these seats open to the public(?) that there were a couple of seats on row 1 around mid-field, I figured that person was mad.

code red

Quote from: longpig on June 04, 2017, 01:55:52 pm
Our routine is parking at the Mexican food joint on MLK free. Sit at the bar pre and post game, make a 40 oz adult beverage for the walk up the mountain.
Sounds like a plan.  Me likey.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou