Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SO HAPPY CBB is here and not this clown

Started by thefisher, August 11, 2016, 02:22:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Sed76

He's Louisville's problem now, not ours so let them worry about him.

daprospecta

That clown got us to the Sugar Bowl( a height we have yet to see again and the only BCS bowl game we played in while it was around) and back to back 10+ seasons.  He is a screw-up but damn it felt good to tune in on Saturdays knowing we had a chance against any team.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: daprospecta on August 11, 2016, 02:50:08 pm
That clown got us to the Sugar Bowl( a height we have yet to see again and the only BCS bowl game we played in while it was around) and back to back 10+ seasons.  He is a screw-up but damn it felt good to tune in on Saturdays knowing we had a chance against any team.
I feel that way now. I feel Bret gives us a better chance to win than Bobby did. At least Bret knows he needs a defense.
WPS!!!

DeltaBoy

I ready to see CBB get us to a BCS bowl .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KlubhouseKonnected

"That could be true, but Petrino's account has long had lots of very interesting follows that are highly unusual for public figures associated with academia, so to speak."

Such as?

Most of those "scandals" are very light in the scandalous department btw.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 11, 2016, 03:00:51 pm
I ready to see CBB get us to a BCS bowl .
Never gonna happen...

"BCS" bowls no longer exist in that form.

BearsBisonsBoars

I'm starting to think that this was a product of the competition more than not. The way it is now, almost every one of our conference opponents could contend for any other conference's championship. This was very much not the case in the early '10s.

razorbacker3

I thank Bobby Petrino.....

We would never have gotten CBB if he hadn't screwed up.

gchamblee

For the last 2 years we have had a chance against any team we line up against and I doubt this year will be any different. I feel bad for people that think winning is the only thing that matters, I really do.

HotlantaHog

I have moved on. I think CBB is doing well, and the team should be quite good this year.

I don't think it is necessary to trash Petrino and everything he did -- obviously, he made mistakes. Louisville could be quite good this year. They are likely to be among the best ACC teams.

I see Bobby as more of a tragic figure than an evil one.

Hopefully, CBB will win big this year and everyone will be able to move on.

Wildhog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 11, 2016, 04:15:32 pm
I have moved on. I think CBB is doing well, and the team should be quite good this year.

I don't think it is necessary to trash Petrino and everything he did -- obviously, he made mistakes. Louisville could be quite good this year. They are likely to be among the best ACC teams.

I see Bobby as more of a tragic figure than an evil one.

Hopefully, CBB will win big this year and everyone will be able to move on.

I'm thankful for the success he brought us.  Hopefully we reach that level again soon.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansas Fan

I never felt we had a chance against any team. With Bielema, I do.

I knew we'd still have people defending Petrino, and I find it disgusting.

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on August 11, 2016, 04:27:18 pm
I never felt we had a chance against any team. With Bielema, I do.

I knew we'd still have people defending Petrino, and I find it disgusting.

You never felt we had a chance against any team in '10 and '11? 

BEST SURPRISE EVER
1909/1964/1965/1977

OutlawHawg

Yeah it sucked winning 10 or 11 games a year and finishing in the top 5, way better now that we go 7-6 and play in the Liberty Bowl.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 11, 2016, 04:29:34 pm
You never felt we had a chance against any team in '10 and '11? 

BEST SURPRISE EVER

I didn't against Alabama and LSU in 2011. Simply because I knew the way Petrino's teams are, we couldn't handle how they played us.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 11, 2016, 04:32:47 pm
Yeah it sucked winning 10 or 11 games a year and finishing in the top 5, way better now that we go 7-6 and play in the Liberty Bowl.

We won ten games in 2006 under HDN, should we be hailing him as well?

factchecker

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 11, 2016, 04:32:47 pm

?

We went 7-5 and finished 8-5 last season.  7-6 was the finish after the Texas Bowl in 2014.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Arkansas Fan

Petrino lovers - "Yeah I loved winning going 10-3 and 11-2 and finishing in the top five."

Rebuttal - The dark days of our football program were a direct response to Petrino and his lack of recruiting the right way. Bielema's main struggle was having to recruit our way out of the problems that Petrino left us, which was not having enough talent and players to compete at a high level that we expect at Arkansas.

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on August 11, 2016, 04:39:20 pm
Petrino lovers - "Yeah I loved winning going 10-3 and 11-2 and finishing in the top five."

Rebuttal - The dark days of our football program were a direct response to Petrino and his lack of recruiting the right way. Bielema's main struggle was having to recruit our way out of the problems that Petrino left us, which was not having enough talent and players to compete at a high level that we expect at Arkansas.

And I'd do it all over again.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

August 12, 2016, 11:47:20 am #20 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:07:24 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Wildhog on August 11, 2016, 04:40:07 pm
And I'd do it all over again.

You would do your own circumcision over again.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

goodguytex

Petrino really did come aboard as Arkansas HC in a perfect kind of way where Arkansas HS talent was concerned, that paid off. He landed Mallett and Wilson, who both grew up Arkansas fans, in Arkansas, and really wanted to play there, along with all the receiver talent from places like Warren.

Even in RB talent, he had Dennis Johnson who wanted badly to play for Arkansas, and managed to get Green to transfer in, as well as sign Wingo And Knile  Davis too.

Much of the out of state recruiting he did was because of his record and offense he was going to bring in, but the talent in the state in HS football was really good back then.

Dr. Starcs

Mallett was at Michigan, but I get what you're saying.

goodguytex

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 19, 2016, 06:54:25 am
Mallett was at Michigan, but I get what you're saying.
Mallett never would have gone to Michigan had Butt shown very real interest from the beginning. The situation at Arkansas at the time was a big mess and Mallett knew it. So did Dennis Johnson. He almost went to OU.

Dr. Starcs

Nutt did want Mallett, remember?  (At tight end :) MOTHO

goodguytex

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 19, 2016, 04:12:45 pm
Nutt did want Mallett, remember?  (At tight end :) MOTHO
I think it's funny how my cell phone translates Nutt to Butt. My phone actually is smart.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on August 11, 2016, 04:39:20 pm

This excuse for Bret is laughable as always.  The players Petrino recruits and signs thrive in his system. He can adapt with other coaches players he inherits. See Casey D transformation.

Its sad that when the current program is mediocre people have to go back and blame a coach that hasnt been here for years.

In three more years when the program is exactly like it is now will that be Petrino's fault as well, or will we finally start pointing fingers at Bret and Jeff Long?

How long can you blame Petrino? You tell me.
Let's make some waves.

wildhogman

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 20, 2016, 11:21:13 am

This excuse for Bret is laughable as always.  The players Petrino recruits and signs thrive in his system. He can adapt with other coaches players he inherits. See Casey D transformation.

Its sad that when the current program is mediocre people have to go back and blame a coach that hasnt been here for years.

In three more years when the program is exactly like it is now will that be Petrino's fault as well, or will we finally start pointing fingers at Bret and Jeff Long?

So what do you think of Enos? A coach the belittled CBB hired.  How did he do with BA in his first year? Ya do know Enos didn't recruit him. He inherited every one of those players last year. This year too for that matter with a few exceptions. And people, gurus, experts, talking heads, fans are predicting any where from 7-5 to 10-2 for the most part.  Oh there are a few, like you, who think we wont do anything this year.  Point is, this is a rebuilding year and still they predict this record.  Think I will give CBB a chance before I proclaim him a failure. If a monkey with a whistle can get us to the SECCG I am fairly certain CBB can.  Heck you prolly could giving the monkey's IQ vs any poster on this site. By seasons end the wheels will have finally come off the gus bus, Sumlin will prolly be gone from aTm, and even Less maybe gone from LSwho. Ole Piss may or may not get hammered but Freeze will start to feel the pressure to win "now". Even MsSt maybe in the hunt for a coach depending on how far they fall without Dak. Stability is a big key in CFB and seems to me the only two teams that are truly stable is Bama and Hogs.

Dr. Starcs

Bobby P transformed Casey Dick all the way to a 5-7 finish.

goodguytex

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 20, 2016, 11:21:13 am

If in 3 years 8 wins are the most we have seen under bielema, I'll expect changes to be made in the program.

Personally, I'm expecting big things from this program over the next 2 years. Don't think we are quite there this year. But next year and 2018, I fully expect very big and special stuff from this football program.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: goodguytex on August 20, 2016, 03:07:37 pm
If in 3 years 8 wins are the most we have seen under bielema, I'll expect changes to be made in the program.

Personally, I'm expecting big things from this program over the next 2 years. Don't think we are quite there this year. But next year and 2018, I fully expect very big and special stuff from this football program.

Hope you are correct sir.
Let's make some waves.

Pork Twain

I loved having Petrino, but I am happy his is now someone else's problem.  It is like dating the town's trashy girl, it is fun for a little bit, but you don't want to marry her.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Bobby did a good job here and that all that matters to me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.