Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Torrance Moseley off the commit list, per D West twitter.

Started by Slimac4, January 27, 2014, 07:55:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasrazorback

Torrance Mosley ‏@Mr5starMosley  19m
Jst got put in a very bad position.,!

ricepig

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

arkansasrazorback

RazorBassin

Sad for the kod, hope he finds a place to land.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bubba's Bruisers

There have been enough clues to know the next one.  Without naming names, of course.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2014, 07:58:13 pm
There have been enough clues to know the next one.  Without naming names, of course.

Danny has made the claim for weeks of two.

Slimac4

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on January 27, 2014, 07:55:59 pm

You gotta feel bad for the kid. He wanted to be a Hog but sometimes it doesn't work out. Wish him the best!

Nosboar Accubond

hog_fan

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: hog_fan on January 27, 2014, 08:02:59 pm
Yep. Staff can't risk it with new SEC rules.
I shouldn't have asked actually... I updated my post afterwards - we don't need to speculate.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The NewEra

NLRHog92

Torrance Mosley no longer being considered a commitment. Coaches have decided to go a different direction, per RD.

Edit: Mods can delete, already posted.

Horse racer

Music City Hog

IBleedRazorbackRed

Glad we got another thread on this

RBLtoHOG

Feel sorry for the kid but we aren't going to get better without things like this happening.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

NLRHog92

We have (or did) 3 sets of teammates as commits. Wonder if we keep McBride too? Kid's a burner. Then Cornelius and Ramirez, along with Tolliver and Eugene. How bad or much of a risk were Mosley's grades?

greenie

Sad.  This is a tough business.  I'm sure he's upset now, but hopefully a great option will open up. 

Keep your head up Torrance. 

trashcan maN

@Mr5starMosley 7m

Things are getting crazy again already.!

He'll land on his feet.

gibby

Can't help but wonder if this affects Corey McBride, since they are from the same school.

secneahog

Quote from: kj0N on January 27, 2014, 08:35:25 pm
@Mr5starMosley 7m

He'll land on his feet.

Kjon...charge your phone. Holler.

shawn_563

No way!!  We landed on the moon!!
You gotta ask yourself is the juice worth the squeeze?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: kj0N on January 27, 2014, 08:35:25 pm
@Mr5starMosley 7m

He'll land on his feet.
I'd like to think CBB or a staff member made some calls on his behalf.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

GEO-HOG

Porkatarian

"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

secneahog

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 27, 2014, 08:45:00 pm
It may be two more.

Porkatarian out...

I see.  I need to go back and look who didn't get a in - house visit.

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on January 27, 2014, 08:46:47 pm
I see.  I need to go back and look who didn't get a in - house visit.

You aren't going to figure this one out that way....

Dropkick

Porkatarian

The kids have to get the job done in the classroom.  I hate it for the ones who wanted to be Razorbacks, but couldn't get qualified in time.  With the Houston Nutt rule, we can no longer take chances on kids who might or might not make it to campus.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

NLRHog92

Quote from: GEO-HOG on January 27, 2014, 08:44:02 pm
Maybe partridge can pick him up

I hope so! He'd pickup two of ours that way that are no means scraps. Pierce is ridiculous! Just couldn't get it done. But that's a pretty terrible flaw in the system how kids can't go to a school like the SEC but are able to go to another university. Makes no sense academic wise.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 27, 2014, 08:55:07 pm
The kids have to get the job done in the classroom.  I hate it for the ones who wanted to be Razorbacks, but couldn't get qualified in time.  With the Houston Nutt rule, we can no longer take chances on kids who might or might not make it to campus.

Porkatarian out...

This! I'm also glad Porkatarian finally made his reappearance. Been awhile

trashcan maN

WooPig90

Oklahawg

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 27, 2014, 08:55:07 pm

Porkatarian out...

I, too, hate it, but y'know? They understand at an early age they have to be good in the classroom also. They talk about it in youth/prep sports all the time around here. Some take it seriously too late in the game.

The worse thing for kids in this spot is when they think all is good (counselor tells them as much) and then it falls through.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

havok

I wouldn't speculate on grades or any reason... never know. 

I just trust that the reason is the best reason for Ark.  And at least gives this young man time to make efforts for a new direction. 

Would suck to do like Alabama does their recruits.  Wait till signing day and then tell them to "Get bent"   

returntoglory

I haven't been following too closely and am a bit confused by the comments above. Did we decide to go a different direction because of space or was this a grade issue?

IndianaHog

Torrance Mosley ?@Mr5starMosley 10h
Im sorry to the people I let down.

Torrance Mosley ‏@Mr5starMosley 10h
It all happened for a reason and I thank you all for giving me the opportunity and giving me an experience of a lifetime...
#wps#neveryield

ricepig

^^^^^^  Yep, appears to be a nice young man, I hope everything works out for him.

jjdlc

Quote from: IndianaHog on January 28, 2014, 08:04:34 am

It all happened for a reason and I thank you all for giving me the opportunity and giving me an experience of a lifetime...
#wps#neveryield

This should answer most peoples questions.  I just hope the twitter trolls aren't giving him too much grief for decommitting.

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on January 28, 2014, 08:27:59 am
This should answer most peoples questions.  I just hope the twitter trolls aren't giving him too much grief for decommitting.

From what little I read, it was "Good luck, and we wish you well".

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2014, 09:15:03 am
From what little I read, it was "Good luck, and we wish you well".

Thats good, they gave Pierce hell when he decommitted for the same reason.

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on January 28, 2014, 09:19:51 am
Thats good, they gave Pierce hell when he decommitted for the same reason.

Well, Pierce said he de-committed in a tweet, not the same with Moseley. Our ignorant fan base ran with the de-decommitting tweet before finding out the info.

tbhogfan

Sad for Torrance, but he will land somewhere and be an excellent player for them.   
Go Hogs!

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: IndianaHog on January 28, 2014, 08:04:34 am

#wps#neveryield

Geeze.  Hate to lose a kid like this.  He has too much class to not land on his feet.  Sounds like the staff are hurting with him when he shows this much class towards the UofA.  Good luck!