Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricardo Ratliffe expected to take an official visit Arkansas this weekend.

Started by #2, March 04, 2010, 01:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Great news!  I hope they can persuade him to come here.  He'd be a HUGE addition, one that would instantly make us a very, very dangerous NCAAT team.

Razorod

this is the make or break signature imo. bigger than the 2011 triplets, because if he doesn't get Ratliffe, I don't see Pel making it to to 2011. W/O another big to play alongside Powell next season, we won't see much improvement.

Ratliffe + Rickey Scott could really help the outlook for 2010-2011.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Razorod on March 04, 2010, 01:49:41 pm
this is the make or break signature imo. bigger than the 2011 triplets, because if he doesn't get Ratliffe, I don't see Pel making it to to 2011. W/O another big to play alongside Powell next season, we won't see much improvement.

Ratliffe + Rickey Scott could really help the outlook for 2010-2011.

Ratliffe + Rickey Scott + Mardracus Wade + Waithe would be an absolutely outstanding class.

time to bust out the signs with Ricardo's picture on them letting him know how much Arkansas wants and needs him this weekend vs ole miss

The Hogfather

Quote from: #2 on March 04, 2010, 01:53:00 pm
time to bust out the signs with Ricardo’s picture on them letting him know how much Arkansas wants and needs him this weekend vs ole miss

Most definitely.  Unfortunately, I'm not expecting a very big crowd this weekend.  I hope we can get somewhere around 15,000+ for the final home game.

Huds_HawgTide

i hope pel has some tricks up his sleeves...he needs this...hell we need this
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Razorod

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2010, 01:52:35 pm
Ratliffe + Rickey Scott + Mardracus Wade + Waithe would be an absolutely outstanding class.
I like Wade and Waithe, but a little skeptical of the impact they will have in their first year. I think Ratliffe and Scott are the two big fish.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogball33

I hope we show him how bad we want him. Need a great crowd with signs!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Razorod on March 04, 2010, 02:52:44 pm
I like Wade and Waithe, but a little skeptical of the impact they will have in their first year. I think Ratliffe and Scott are the two big fish.

I believe you are underestimating them.  They will provide quality depth.  Waithe will probably start immediately, depending on how Farmer comes along in the offseason.

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2010, 03:03:54 pm
I believe you are underestimating them.  They will provide quality depth.  Waithe will probably start immediately, depending on how Farmer comes along in the offseason.

I agree. I think that they are very talented and fill the needs of the team in their respective positions.  However, in and of themselves, they will not lead to a much better record because of the hole at the center position.  If we get Ratliffe we should be much improved as a team. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Boar War on March 04, 2010, 03:20:19 pm
I agree. I think that they are very talented and fill the needs of the team in their respective positions.  However, in and off themselves, they will not lead to a much better record because of the hole at the center position.  If we get Ratliffe we should be much improved as a team. 

If we don't add any other players besides the 3 we have currently signed, we'll be much improved.  If we add Ratliffe, we will have a chance to go to the Sweet 16 next year.

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2010, 03:22:41 pm
If we don't add any other players besides the 3 we have currently signed, we'll be much improved.  If we add Ratliffe, we will have a chance to go to the Sweet 16 next year.

I hope you're right.  But I'm reluctant to say sweet sixteen with a starting front line of 6-8 and 6-6.   That's a concern in a half court set unless Waithe and Scott prove to be consistent perimeter shooters.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Tomhog™ on March 04, 2010, 04:09:24 pm
At least this confirms a genuine interest in the program.  Hopefully he will feel right at home in BWA and provide a tremendous boost to the class.

He's not visiting Florida.  His other 4 visits will go to Alabama, Cincy, Missouri, and Clemson.

Quote"The (Arkansas) coaches have shown a lot of interest since I was in high school," Ratliffe said. "That's the main reason I want to visit them first."

This will be the first official visit for Ratliffe, a good friend and former teammate of current Razorback Marshawn Powell.

"I think I could come in for Washington and step in there right away and play," Ratliffe said earlier this season. "That certainly makes it interesting for me as well as playing with Marshawn. I think we could be two dominate players down low."

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/951175.html

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Deuce Pigelow

i know evryone wants pel gone, and for good reason. but we need to put that aside and show up for the game and show this guy what its really like in BWA. some times the talent level is good enough to overcome bad coaching, and he might just be that good.

Triple T

Does anyone know when he's likely to announce where he's headed?

Hoggish1

It's obvious that if we get RR then Pelphrey will stay.  I would be willing to settle for that and actually there could not be another scenario.  But I also want Pel to be gone if RR does not come.

How do you feel about that trade off?

Kilgor

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 04, 2010, 08:41:47 pm
It's obvious that if we get RR then Pelphrey will stay.  I would be willing to settle for that and actually there could not be another scenario.  But I also want Pel to be gone if RR does not come.

How do you feel about that trade off?

I feel that it doesn't really matter what you (or I) think on the subject.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

jackflash

Scott, Wade, Waite and Ratliffe would be a great class. And I would have to say Pel has done a good job of recruiting. Even if he gets these four I think he will go after another 6-9 player.

Razorpigg

This guy just might be able to save Pel.  He might be the only one capable of performing such a feat.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2010, 06:08:34 pm
He's not visiting Florida.  His other 4 visits will go to Alabama, Cincy, Missouri, and Clemson.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/951175.html

I'm not sure why he's visiting Missouri.  We have 0 scholarships available next year.  The only way Ratcliffe will be a Tiger is if someone leaves the team.  I'm not sure that is happening unless MA knows something.

Marshfieldhog

Pel isn't leading any team to the sweet 16..put down the pipe man

Kilgor

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 05, 2010, 01:02:53 am
Pel isn't leading any team to the sweet 16..put down the pipe man

He led his first team at Arkansas to the round of 32.  Are you saying he can't win one more game?   :-\

mizzouman

Quote from: jokerhog on March 05, 2010, 12:36:36 am
There are always the ones that will not qualify. Plus you always want to get the best player you can, some recruit may "change his mind" about signing with mizzou

We signed our allotment for next year.  We signed 4 and all will qualify.  That's all we have.  The only think I can think of is that we have 2 freshman this that got NO real playing time other than mop up duties at the end of blowouts in the non-conf.  We did sign one kid who tore his achilles a few months ago.  MA has said that he will honor that scholarship and he will rehab at Mizzou.  There is also a kid we signed whose parents are the volleyball coaches at Mizzou.  He can go to school for free anyway, but I doubt he hill turn his scholly in.  So, we may be losing a scholarship player next, that is, if Ratcliffe goes with Mizzou which is a long shot.

99toLife

Isn't it funny that a Program underneath the once great program of Arkansas has their recruits locked up and the Hogs are still crossing fingers and praying on kids to commit!

Hello!

The Hogfather

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 11:37:18 am
Isn't it funny that a Program underneath the once great program of Arkansas has their recruits locked up and the Hogs are still crossing fingers and praying on kids to commit!

Hello!

Only to people who hate Arkansas.

99toLife

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 05, 2010, 11:42:01 am
Only to people who hate Arkansas.

I don't hate Arkansas but Arkansas is turning into a joke and it's not my Fault!

The Hogfather

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 11:49:45 am
I don't hate Arkansas but Arkansas is turning into a joke and it's not my Fault!

I didn't say you did.  If you think that it is funny that Missouri has their players all wrapped up, while we're still hoping that Ratliffe signs with us, then you must hate Arkansas.

99toLife

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 05, 2010, 11:51:59 am
I didn't say you did.  If you think that it is funny that Missouri has their players all wrapped up, while we're still hoping that Ratliffe signs with us, then you must hate Arkansas.

Please explain how you get to this conclusion!

Players don't want to come here it seems to be their last choice after they have exhausted their other options!

The Hogfather

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 12:39:52 pm

Players don't want to come here it seems to be their last choice after they have exhausted their other options!

OH  MY  GOD!  No, I will not.

Kilgor

booogaga

GO HOGS!

The Hogfather

99toLife

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 05, 2010, 12:59:01 pm
OH  MY  GOD!  No, I will not.

I kind of figured you would reply at that level!

I love Arkansas but the Stink and Stench of this program and lack of success is the reason they can't recruit and lock up any top notch players early, most 17-18 year olds will not sign here because EVERYONE wants the coach fired and most want the AD fired ...would you let your son come to Arkansas in this day and age if you had another choice?

jamie72921

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 01:31:31 pm

I love Arkansas but the Stink and Stench of this program and lack of success is the reason they can't recruit and lock up any top notch players early, most 17-18 year olds will not sign here because EVERYONE wants the coach fired and most want the AD fired ...would you let your son come to Arkansas in this day and age if you had another choice?

This has NEVER been a program that consistently wrapped up highly sought after kids early.

Not enough to fill out an entire class.

Honestly, unless Kansas, UCLA, Duke, etc.... fall off the face of the Earth or we begin to use sleazy recruiting tactics(UConn and Calipari), then we probably won't ever move to being a program that has a stellar class signed, sealed and delivered early in the process.
Bless your heart

99toLife

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 05, 2010, 01:45:55 pm
This has NEVER been a program that consistently wrapped up highly sought after kids early.

Not enough to fill out an entire class.

Honestly, unless Kansas, UCLA, Duke, etc.... fall off the face of the Earth or we begin to use sleazy recruiting tactics(UConn and Calipari), then we probably won't ever move to being a program that has a stellar class signed, sealed and delivered early in the process.

Good Point taken... Then why do Hog fans think they should be a final four team and playing for a National Championship every few years.... Just Ain't going to happen!   Don't have the Players... and you don't pay for the good coaches!

The Hogfather

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 01:31:31 pm

The "Oh my God, I can't believe someone can be this dense" level?

Spider-Pig

He picked a wonderful weekend weather wise to visit.

Also, we've been on RR the longest of any school and he said in the fall that he was going to wait until the spring to sign, so its kinda hard to wrap up the class in the fall if he wants to sign in the spring.

Reservoir Hogs

99toLife

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 01:56:21 pm
Good Point taken... Then why do Hog fans think they should be a final four team and playing for a National Championship every few years.... Just Ain't going to happen!  

Because they're idiots who don't have a clue about Arkansas Razorback basketball.

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 12:39:52 pm

Ratliffe has said all along he would wait until the spring. He told UK, Lousiville, and many others "no thanks" when he could have committed to them at any time. Did he?

Your last comment is a pitiful joke, by the way.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2010, 06:08:34 pm

Is Florida out of consideration or is he just not visiting them?

The Hogfather

Foshodo

heard yesterday on the radio that florida was out... but alot of people dont put too much stock into the radio recruiting experts, so?

The Hogfather

Florida is still in it.  He's taken unofficials to Gainesville in the past.  I really doubt he ends up there, though.  They have so many young big guys, that he'd actually have to battle for his minutes.  He's walk right into a starting job here. 

The teams I'm most worried about are Alabama and Clemson.

incHOGnito

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2010, 11:37:18 am

Hello!

I think in terms of Ratliffe, he said all along that he wasn't going to focus on his commitment until the juco season was over.  He is visiting us, before Mizzou and the others he is interested in.  Besides him, I think we have the other 3 locked up already.  Can't really fault Pel for RR not wanting to decide until after his season is over.

99toLife

Arkansas has a much better chance at Ratliffe than MU.. I don't think they have any schollies open at this stage....