Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hooter: How the "better tradition of Ole Miss" is helping....

Started by cbjagman, November 03, 2009, 01:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbjagman

Anyone remember the famous pronouncement that the Hooter made last year concerning the " better tradition at Ole Miss" being a major positive in his choosing them to coach? Anyone care to share their thoughts/observations?

jmark

you mean "the other school"?

"I thought we were going to win 34 to 33," Nutt said.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

farmhawg

Quote from: cbjagman on November 03, 2009, 01:15:24 pm
Anyone remember the famous pronouncement that the Hooter made last year concerning the " better tradition at Ole Miss" being a major positive in his choosing them to coach? Anyone care to share their thoughts/observations?
He thought he was going to a school with a losing tradition and they wouldn't care what he did. Unfortunately, for him, he got caught up in the great pre-season hype that he couldn't handle. He will get what he deserves, just much faster than here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sivad

Quote from: cbjagman on November 03, 2009, 01:15:24 pm
Nutt is devastated that he was fired, run out of his home state, is hated there and now he's stuck at little crappy old Ole Miss in tiny and backward Oxford.
Saying BS like that is just one more of his feeble attempts to get back at the school he now hates.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sivad

cbjagman

Well "lucky" is not what I'd call Ole Misery if the Hoooter stays for another two.