Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Y'all do realize don't you

Started by hogsgolfpro, October 23, 2017, 01:58:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

that all of these injuries is the exact saving grace, the ONE thing, that could save CBB so Jeff has something to point at on why to keep him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on October 23, 2017, 01:58:22 pm
that all of these injuries is the exact saving grace, the ONE thing, that could save CBB so Jeff has something to point at on why to keep him.
no
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

King Kong

Not when so many of them have happened after the collapse already began

harrisburghog

Won't surprise me they use injury excuse.

KennyForAD

Do YOU realize that our offensive line, WITH Ragnow, ranks DEAD LAST in all of football in power rush blocking and pass protection.   DEAD FREAKING LAST. 

We have THE WORST coach in football and everyone knows it.

Marshfieldhog

Team had already collapsed by then. This year was doomed years ago by bad recruiting and crappy assistant hires. Dude has lost the fans.

smb

Sad day in Hognation keeps getting sad by the minute.
GeorgiaHOG

Calling All Hogs

Letting Bielema have another year will accomplish nothing but to devastate two full recruiting classes instead of one.

Sundog

Yes, I realize it.  :puke:

cal34

I bet they do.  Schaeffer will be pushing this today.

007 License To Squeal

No. Lack of depth is a negative for Bellyma
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

phadedhawg

Disagree, we looked terrible when we were healthy too.

phadedhawg

maybe all these injures will give Bret an excuse when he's interviewing for his next job but won't save him at Arkansas.

Oklahawg

Top CB, Top RB, Top WR, Top OL, senior starting QB.

Hand that to any coach in America and see how many have an answer. Hint: playoff contenders only need apply.

Excuse? Sure, but we need to be beyond excuses at this point.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mizzouman

Injuries are part of the game.  You have to coach/recruit knowing these things happen.  Injuries should never be a reason to lose a game. 

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 23, 2017, 02:14:03 pm
Disagree, we looked terrible when we were healthy too.

This. We had most for first 2 games of year and looked terrible. What about the last 2 games last year? The collapses? CBB is just a bad coach without Alvarez.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 23, 2017, 02:07:43 pm
Team had already collapsed by then. This year was doomed years ago by bad recruiting and crappy assistant hires. Dude has lost the fans.
I don't agree.  we have some good players and some good coaches.  for whatever reason CBB can't seem to shape them into a winning football team.  also lets not forget we are the SEC West, where good isn't good enough.

It takes nothing less than exceptional to be successful in the SEC.

either way, the CBB era is over.  time to start that coaching search and have someone ready Dec 1
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No. Not really. They were losing when they had everyone.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsgolfpro

I agree it would be an absurdity to use as an excuse...but I see it coming because even Jeffy knows that next year's schedule set up is almost, ALMOST, dummy proof and that Bret would win 7-8 and say "see, see, here we go". 7-8 wins is good enough in his mind it appears. Even though a good coach would win 9+ in his sleep what that schedule.

HawgPound

Up until last week I felt like Long was going to keep Bielema. However, after losing the way they did to Auburn and how much Bielema has lost the fans I don't think he stays now. Even if he can get to 5-6 wins I don't think the fan base comes back to him and Long is smart enough to see that. Fool me once....

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on October 23, 2017, 02:27:50 pm
I agree it would be an absurdity to use as an excuse...but I see it coming because even Jeffy knows that next year's schedule set up is almost, ALMOST, dummy proof and that Bret would win 7-8 and say "see, see, here we go". 7-8 wins is good enough in his mind it appears. Even though a good coach would win 9+ in his sleep what that schedule.
unless we are moving to the sunbelt, I don't see 7-8 wins with CBB.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The_Iceman

mizzouman

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on October 23, 2017, 02:27:50 pm
Maybe, but injuries will happen each and every year.  It's a given.  Good coaches build depth. 

Vantage 8 dude

Well anyone with half a cerebral cortex can see that these problems began well before the season got into full swing. Every team has injuries and other unforeseen issues. The problem is that when the DEVELOPED talent gap is already great to begin with, we obviously have far lesser room for ever.

Having said, yes, it's certainly possible that the PTB could use this excuse as a reason to bring back CBB. Then again, I   suspect we could have had zero injuries and their decision would have been the same. It's the old "don't confuse me with facts, my mind's made up" type of mentality.

HighcountryHog

Injuries are not some unique event reserved only for Razorback football.  Just another excuse to use instead of manning up and taking their licks.
no bumps, no fat chicks