Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dr. Stephen Heim starter on 78 offensive line...

Started by hawgon, October 23, 2017, 08:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

just blasted Bielema on the Mornin Rush this morning.  He was very nice but he said that we are now the "Rice" of the SEC.  He said that Bielema is terrible and that the excuses he offers are insulting.  He said that the offensive line is both untalented and completely lacking in technique.  He said that he watched Froholdt completely whiff on a goal line block during the Bama game on a guy 18 inches off of his nose.  He said that "...if the kid had had a heart attack and dropped on the spot, he probably could have at least tripped the defensive lineman and done a better job."

He further said that the entire Orange Bowl team spent the weekend laughing at how bad we are because that is all they can do.  He said that there is literally NOTHING that we do well.  He was of the opinion that it is t and WON'T get better. 

No one on this board can argue about the man's credentials or intelligence.  This has got to end.

Vantage 8 dude

Unfortunately he's totally correct. Sad to see how far we've fallen. While we may not be able to recruit with the elite of the SEC, we should at least be able to teach the proper techniques and get these kids to play smart and with intensity. This staff is getting to do neither. When you add it all up it comes up big time negative.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgon

He also blasted Bert on his demeanor and how he calls the players by their nicknames and the like.  He said that he did not want Coach Holtz to know his name.

Another Oline starter on that team told me a story the other day.  He said that When Broyles was there, in practice after a play Jerry Eckwood would just drop the ball and a trainer or equipment guy would come and pick it up and they would throw in a new ball.  The first practice he did that and Holtz saw it.  He said Holtz and Eckwood went completely out of sight towards the south with Holtz screaming at Eckwood and kicking the ball and making Eckwood run after it trying to pick it up.

We need some of that.

go hogues

Good to know there are still Razorbacks of influence who CARE about the direction of our program. Many times it feels like there are not.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hoggish1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 08:21:14 am
Unfortunately he's totally correct. Sad to see how far we've fallen. While we may not be able to recruit with the elite of the SEC, we should at least be able to teach the proper techniques and get these kids to play smart and with intensity. This staff is getting to do neither. When you add it all up it comes up big time negative.

Assuming we can't recruit with the elite then we damn sure should be teaching the proper technique for our self preservation.  I thought teaching proper technique was football 101at this level but apparently not for this O-line coach.

RazorPiggie

Cool. CBB will be gone at the end of the year so it really don't matter.

PonderinHog

It's only year five.  The ole' technique is hard to teach and hard to grasp, but we're close!

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 08:26:03 am
He also blasted Bert on his demeanor and how he calls the players by their nicknames and the like. 

Does the AD know about that?  If not, he should.  That would be something that a good AD like Alvarez would nip in the bud.  Long probably thinks it's cool if he even knows about it.

hawgon

This guy is fricking our guys up so bad that the new coach is going to have to go "The Junction Boys" on this team to weed them out.  They have been coddled them to the point that they are soft as baby poop.  When a real coach comes in and tries to demand perfection he is going to face a rebellion.

jkstock04

Of course he is right. All there is left to do is laugh about it...or get drunk while watching the Hogs to make it through it if that's your thing.

Think about it. We are terrible at blocking. We are terrible at tackling. We are terrible at running the ball. We are terrible at passing the ball. We are slow. We have poor coaching. Our special teams aren't good (although placekicker is showing signs of life). That about covers everything. We are a bad football team.

We will find out just how bad here in the next few weeks when we play some other bad teams. Ole Miss coming up without their qb makes it an interesting match up.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 23, 2017, 08:29:52 am
Cool. CBB will be gone at the end of the year so it really don't matter.
And just for the sake of argument he isn't gone at the of the season? Then what ??? ::)

ur

He also blasted Bert on his demeanor and how he calls the players by their nicknames and the like.  He said that he did not want Coach Holtz to know his name.

Another Oline starter on that team told me a story the other day.  He said that When Broyles was there, in practice after a play Jerry Eckwood would just drop the ball and a trainer or equipment guy would come and pick it up and they would throw in a new ball.  The first practice he did that and Holtz saw it.  He said Holtz and Eckwood went completely out of sight towards the south with Holtz screaming at Eckwood and kicking the ball and making Eckwood run after it trying to pick it up.

We need some of that.
Yesterday, Troy Aikman said that the nice Jimmy Johnson you see on fox is not the coach Jimmy Johnson. He said Jimmy was a person that you wouldn't want to be around. that he would go off on everything. He said most great coaches are that way.

Redhogs

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 08:37:40 am
And just for the sake of argument he isn't gone at the of the season? Then what ??? ::)
That's a good question.... very sad. Problem is, there is LONG TERM damage being done to the brand every day this idiot stays...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogsanity

Maybe Dr Heim would like to pony up the buyout AND come up with solutions to get better players.

Everyone seems to know the easy part, that is firing the coach, that is easy. The hard part is finding the right guy to take the job AND figuring out how to get better talent ( since the man talked about in the OP talked about how untalented the OL is ). Although many of you will argue with him on that because some here think the Hogs are as talented as Bama.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Seebs

Go to hitthatline.com - that segment should be posted soon as it was gold.  I listened to that segment driving into work and sweet fancy Moses was it scathing.  I agreed with everything but cringed at the amount of unfiltered truth being said. It was refreshing and at the same time nauseating on how bad we really are from a man in the know.

Fire all of them, with prejudice, and begin anew.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 08:37:40 am

We'll have year 6, duh.....

Wildhog

Quote from: Seebs on October 23, 2017, 09:32:06 am
Go to hitthatline.com - that segment should be posted soon as it was gold.  I listened to that segment driving into work and sweet fancy Moses was it scathing.  I agreed with everything but cringed at the amount of unfiltered truth being said. It was refreshing and at the same time nauseating on how bad we really are from a man in the know.

Fire all of them, with prejudice, and begin anew.

It's incomprehensible how bad we are.  I'm not even mad.  Just bewildered.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

Eckwood was never as dominate as he was before the Knee Injury.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2017, 09:43:57 am
Eckwood was never as dominate as he was before the Knee Injury.
Pretty sure that was the point of this thread.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 08:53:24 am
Maybe Dr Heim would like to pony up the buyout AND come up with solutions to get better players.

Everyone seems to know the easy part, that is firing the coach, that is easy. The hard part is finding the right guy to take the job AND figuring out how to get better talent ( since the man talked about in the OP talked about how untalented the OL is ). Although many of you will argue with him on that because some here think the Hogs are as talented as Bama.

I haven't seen or heard anyone make this assertion, not even in the slightest.

I think we can all agree that the talent we have on the roster right now is not 32 points worse than Bama, or Auburn.

This team is poorly coached and managed. There's enough talent to win 7-8 games...which according to YOU is all we should ever expect, right?

And BTW, the buyout is not an issue, so you can get rid of that crutch.

hogsanity

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 23, 2017, 09:59:08 am
I haven't seen or heard anyone make this assertion, not even in the slightest.

I think we can all agree that the talent we have on the roster right now is not 32 points worse than Bama, or Auburn.

This team is poorly coached and managed. There's enough talent to win 7-8 games...which according to YOU is all we should ever expect, right?

And BTW, the buyout is not an issue, so you can get rid of that crutch.

I know the buyout is not an issue, and it never was, even if it had really been 15mil.

I said Sat night it is obvious BB is not a SEC coach, at least not in the sense of being able to challenge for or someday win even just the scw, BUT how anyone can look at the players and not see the vast talent difference between Ar and the upper level SEC teams is just mind boggling. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 08:53:24 am

You think the Doc would put an oline out there against Bama that performed really well, only the go back to one that hasn't been working the next game?  Then give completely stupid quotes as to why?    Because that's what this oline responsible staff did

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 10:03:44 am
I know the buyout is not an issue, and it never was, even if it had really been 15mil.

I said Sat night it is obvious BB is not a SEC coach, at least not in the sense of being able to challenge for or someday win even just the scw, BUT how anyone can look at the players and not see the vast talent difference between Ar and the upper level SEC teams is just mind boggling. 

No one would or is denying the disparity between a 5* and a 3*...the glaring difference is the coaching each respective player is receiving.

For instance, Agim is all-world talented, and he's getting worse instead of better. Coaching at this point is the main and most pressing issue. You get the right coach and better players will follow.

That said, for the most part we've recruited at or near the top 25 for the past 5 seasons.
According to 247 Sports:
2013 - 23rd
2014 - 29th
2015 - 22nd
2016 - 23rd
2017 - 29th

hogsanity

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 23, 2017, 10:08:39 am
No one would or is denying the disparity between a 5* and a 3*...the glaring difference is the coaching each respective player is receiving.

For instance, Agim is all-world talented, and he's getting worse instead of better. Coaching at this point is the main and most pressing issue. You get the right coach and better players will follow.

That said, for the most part we've recruited at or near the top 25 for the past 5 seasons.
According to 247 Sports:
2013 - 23rd
2014 - 29th
2015 - 22nd
2016 - 23rd
2017 - 29th

And those classes were still only 8th-10th in the SEC. 8-10 SEC teams CONSISTENTLY recruit better players that the Hogs do year after year after year.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 23, 2017, 10:06:09 am
You think the Doc would put an oline out there against Bama that performed really well, only the go back to one that hasn't been working the next game?  Then give completely stupid quotes as to why?    Because that's what this oline responsible staff did

Don't know since he is a doctor not a d1 football coach. Since he said our OL is not very talented, would it matter?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I absolutely hate the way this team plays.

Haven't enjoyed the defense since the Jerricho Nelson days. You get some bad leadership and allow it to grow and this is what you get.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

onebadrubi

According to 247 Sports:
2013 - 23rd
2014 - 29th
2015 - 22nd
2016 - 23rd
2017 - 29th

The current dline coach does not have his groups attemtion or respect currently.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 23, 2017, 09:47:11 am
http://hitthatline.com/78-orange-bowl-team-laughing-at-current-hogs/

wow. pretty much what people here have been saying for a while. it's obvious to everyone and an embarrasment to the University and the State. absolutely no way this can continue beyond this year without dire consequences.

never would I have thought things could turn out this bad. but we are not alone. Tennessee probably is worse off. at least they have a richer talent base and tradition.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 08:16:18 am
just blasted Bielema on the Mornin Rush this morning.  He was very nice but he said that we are now the "Rice" of the SEC.  He said that Bielema is terrible and that the excuses he offers are insulting.  He said that the offensive line is both untalented and completely lacking in technique.  He said that he watched Froholdt completely whiff on a goal line block during the Bama game on a guy 18 inches off of his nose.  He said that "...if the kid had had a heart attack and dropped on the spot, he probably could have at least tripped the defensive lineman and done a better job."

He further said that the entire Orange Bowl team spent the weekend laughing at how bad we are because that is all they can do.  He said that there is literally NOTHING that we do well.  He was of the opinion that it is t and WON'T get better. 

No one on this board can argue about the man's credentials or intelligence.  This has got to end.
Was this call about the time that you posted?  Little after 8:00 am?

hawgon

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 23, 2017, 10:21:36 am
Was this call about the time that you posted?  Little after 8:00 am?

Yes, that sounds about right.

#1Fan

We can't even execute the fake injury properly.  Who's in charge of coaching that?

Grizzlyfan

SquidBilly

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 10:10:59 am
And those classes were still only 8th-10th in the SEC. 8-10 SEC teams CONSISTENTLY recruit better players that the Hogs do year after year after year.

So why aren't we consistently 8th-10th in the conference standings when it comes to win/loss record?  Not that we'd like that either, but right now we're 14th.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 23, 2017, 10:32:40 am
So why aren't we consistently 8th-10th in the conference standings when it comes to win/loss record?  Not that we'd like that either, but right now we're 14th.

Because 6 or 7 of the ones consistently out recruiting the Hogs are all in the division, so when you lose to 4 or 5 of them a year it takes you down past 8th in the sec.

hawgon

I just listened to it again and caught something I didn't catch the first time.  You can tell that he is pretty much seething and just keeping it nice because he is on the radio.

mizzouman

We need some of that.
Calling players by their nickname is mostly a Midwestern/northern coach thing.

SemperFi

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2017, 09:42:08 am
We'll have year 6, duh.....

Another year of piss poor coaching and ridicule....not just no, but hell no!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 10:10:59 am

Those classes should have been good enough to display some semblance of competitiveness.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 10:36:10 am
I just listened to it again and caught something I didn't catch the first time.  You can tell that he is pretty much seething and just keeping it nice because he is on the radio.

yeah, i got that too. he was trying to be nice at first but the more he spoke, the tougher it was for him to keep the gloves on.

but the fact that former players were laughing at the current teams incompetence is damning.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 09:43:07 am
It's incomprehensible how bad we are.  I'm not even mad.  Just bewildered.

The most bewildering part is that we have been a pretty terrible football program for going on six years now but before the season started we had half our fans predicting 9 or 10 wins.  It's one of the most stunning cases of denial I've ever seen.  We were 12-28 in conference games, along with two losses to Rutgers, a loss to Toledo, a loss to Texas Tech, and what should have been a loss to Louisiana Tech along the way and yet our fans still thought we were a really good football program, probably second only to Alabama in our division if not the conference.  "We'll be 5-0 headed into the Bama game!"

The mantra was "you guys who hold Bielema's first year against him have an agenda!"  Well now, does his 5th year not count, either?

We're terrible.  Awful.  Humiliatingly bad.  We're now reduced to scanning the schedule, looking to see if there is another team among our last five that is bad enough for us to beat them.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: mizzouman on October 23, 2017, 10:38:28 am
Calling players by their nickname is mostly a Midwestern/northern coach thing.
It is also sophomoric.  As Dr. Heim put it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on October 23, 2017, 10:38:56 am
Those classes should have been good enough to display some semblance of competitiveness.

I do not disagree with that, but the fact remains that 8 or so teams in the league get better players every year, so why is anyone shocked that at least that many teams have better teams every year?

hawgon

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 23, 2017, 10:41:05 am
It is also sophomoric.  As Dr. Heim put it.

Some of the stories I've heard about how big a dick that Holtz was are legendary.  He made Petrino look like a piker.

hogsanity

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

According to 247 Sports:
2013 - 23rd
2014 - 29th
2015 - 22nd
2016 - 23rd
2017 - 29th

going beyond Agim you can say half of the Patriots Starting DLine was at Arkansas and they could barely win with these guys. Sure we had 1 year there where we had a good Defense with Spaight, Philon and Flowers and we still managed to win 7 games

Its rare to see  players do better in the NFL than in College
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 10:41:08 am
I do not disagree with that, but the fact remains that 8 or so teams in the league get better players every year, so why is anyone shocked that at least that many teams have better teams every year?
So, I guess we'll never be good again then? I'm glad Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Nutt, and Petrino didn't pay attention to these excuses.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

SemperFi

You can definitely tell that he is fuming, but is practicing such restraint that I am in awe of the man. I wish that I could do the same.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2017, 10:45:53 am
So, I guess we'll never be good again then? I'm glad Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Nutt, and Petrino didn't pay attention to these excuses.

I have never said that, matter of fact I have said just the opposite. The program will continue to be, on average, a 7-8 win a year program. They will have years that are better, Holtz, Hatfield, HDN, BP all had those, but they all also had worse years. I do not think BB will ever have a 9 or 10 win year because I think this is his last season.