Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas 5

Started by Cavosea1, March 31, 2017, 08:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavosea1

Anyone know how their doing??? I wasn't able to make it to the game but hope they show out for the fans.  Any info is great info.  #wps

RaisinHog

I'm sure someone will post a final but they were up 30 or so last I saw

Hogs49ers

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 31, 2017, 08:50:36 pm
I'm sure someone will post a final but they were up 30 or so last I saw

Where did you get that score update? I looked everywhere and have not seen anything.
SCREW Vandy!

RaisinHog

Dudley Dawson Twitter page

RaisinHog

RaisinHog

Arkansas Hawks 91, Dallas Pacers 53 - final - Joe 21, Henderson 19, Perry 15, Sills 9, Stokes 9, Hill 3 points and 11 assists

razorback355

Favorite stat Hill 3 pts 11 assist now that's a point guard.

RaisinHog

Funny thing is Joe is the lowest rated one of them .. he could really blow up with a good summer

Cavosea1

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 31, 2017, 09:02:48 pm
Arkansas Hawks 91, Dallas Pacers 53 - final - Joe 21, Henderson 19, Perry 15, Sills 9, Stokes 9, Hill 3 points and 11 assists

Thx bro!! I wonder did the fans come out deep tonight.  #wps

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Cavosea1 on March 31, 2017, 10:07:58 pm
Thx bro!! I wonder did the fans come out deep tonight.  #wps

Yea they did!!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 31, 2017, 09:30:31 pm
Funny thing is Joe is the lowest rated one of them .. he could really blow up with a good summer

I think he will...Kid has a pretty good stroke.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

gogamer

Went to the game.  Here some quick thoughts.

Overall - That game started with high energy.  House was packed (P.A.R.K court 1).  I've been to a few of these Real Deals and the speed of this Hog 5 was truly exceptional.  Felt like a big time game for about 2 minutes.  But after multiple traps, steals, runs, Joe hitting 3 back to back to back silky smooth 3s, Henderson flying around the basket making dunks and put backs at will it was 21-6.  Game over and it turned into an all star game against an unmatched opponent.  Fun to watch though.  Oh yeah.... their defense was stifling full court trapping Hawg Ball!  Their opponent could not get it across the timeline on most occasions until they called off the heat.

Justice Hill - TRUE POINT GUARD!  Without a doubt the fastest player on the court with great vision.  Can't remember exactly but he sped and dished dimes at least two of the three Joe 3 pointers early, then was toying with their defense the rest of the game.  11 assists.  He did make a few drives into the lane that initially looked fantastic but got packed trying a Kareem Reid dipsy doodle.  He won't get away with that in the SEC for sure.  If he's got Henderson, Perry and Joe to pitch to he won't need that move.  High energy when he's on and goes after rebounds.  Can fly above the rim with ease.

Isaiah Joe - Going to be the best shooter since Dusty Hannahs when he arrives.  I know I hear all about CJ Jones shooting ability but I don't see it like I do with Joe.  Don't get me wrong CJ will step up next year but he'll have competition the next.  Aside from Joe's good form and high percentage.... he can play some defense!  That will get him on the court and he will deliver.  I would guess better than 50% from three in this game.

Ethan Henderson - I was really surprised with this kid.  Haven't seen much talk at all about him and he hasn't filled up the Parkview stat sheet that I know of, but he was a bundle of energy and one highlight dunk after the other.  Dunks usually don't impress me that much but his energy and desire to be where he needed to be made them impressive.  Great rim protector and good defense.  He did over pursue a few times defending some guards that were quicker than him but that will be corrected in MA's D.  Exciting to watch Ethan.  He needs more press!

Desi Sills - Seemed quiet offensively (9pts), but lock down defender.  Every trap they made he was a part of.  Always had great position crouched low with hands moving up from the floor.  Sills Defense will get him on the floor often for MA.

Reggie Perry - Big.... Power.... Forward!  During warm ups I though "this guy is going to crush them!"  And I think he would have if not for Henderson being the Tasmanian devil running the floor and slamming everything that got close to the rim.  Again I think that the game got out of hand so quick that Perry began coasting.  Spent some time out around the 3 point line, even made one, but when he got into the middle and needed to grab a board and tip it or stick it back.... he did with ease.  Their opponent had no size to combat Perry and Henderson.  I'd love to see him against some competition.... I bet he turns it on!

They had another big.... and I mean BIG PF that would spell Perry and Henderson.  Dude could move three guys out of his way to get to the rim.  Made a clear out down the baseline on 2 defenders and shot the ball over the back of the backboard and swished it like he did it all the time!  Not sure who he was.

Again overall these guys had exceptional speed, energy and I think above all DEFENSE!  I know they were way over matched for their opponent but you could see their trapping defense and running ability is going to be special as they move towards the next level. 

I'm no analyst but that's what I saw.   

Cavosea1

Quote from: gogamer on March 31, 2017, 11:56:45 pm

Overall - That game started with high energy.  House was packed (P.A.R.K court 1).  I've been to a few of these Real Deals and the speed of this Hog 5 was truly exceptional.  Felt like a big time game for about 2 minutes.  But after multiple traps, steals, runs, Joe hitting 3 back to back to back silky smooth 3s, Henderson flying around the basket making dunks and put backs at will it was 21-6.  Game over and it turned into an all star game against an unmatched opponent.  Fun to watch though.  Oh yeah.... their defense was stifling full court trapping Hawg Ball!  Their opponent could not get it across the timeline on most occasions until they called off the heat.

Justice Hill - TRUE POINT GUARD!  Without a doubt the fastest player on the court with great vision.  Can't remember exactly but he sped and dished dimes at least two of the three Joe 3 pointers early, then was toying with their defense the rest of the game.  11 assists.  He did make a few drives into the lane that initially looked fantastic but got packed trying a Kareem Reid dipsy doodle.  He won't get away with that in the SEC for sure.  If he's got Henderson, Perry and Joe to pitch to he won't need that move.  High energy when he's on and goes after rebounds.  Can fly above the rim with ease.

Isaiah Joe - Going to be the best shooter since Dusty Hannahs when he arrives.  I know I hear all about CJ Jones shooting ability but I don't see it like I do with Joe.  Don't get me wrong CJ will step up next year but he'll have competition the next.  Aside from Joe's good form and high percentage.... he can play some defense!  That will get him on the court and he will deliver.  I would guess better than 50% from three in this game.

Ethan Henderson - I was really surprised with this kid.  Haven't seen much talk at all about him and he hasn't filled up the Parkview stat sheet that I know of, but he was a bundle of energy and one highlight dunk after the other.  Dunks usually don't impress me that much but his energy and desire to be where he needed to be made them impressive.  Great rim protector and good defense.  He did over pursue a few times defending some guards that were quicker than him but that will be corrected in MA's D.  Exciting to watch Ethan.  He needs more press!

Desi Sills - Seemed quiet offensively (9pts), but lock down defender.  Every trap they made he was a part of.  Always had great position crouched low with hands moving up from the floor.  Sills Defense will get him on the floor often for MA.

Reggie Perry - Big.... Power.... Forward!  During warm ups I though "this guy is going to crush them!"  And I think he would have if not for Henderson being the Tasmanian devil running the floor and slamming everything that got close to the rim.  Again I think that the game got out of hand so quick that Perry began coasting.  Spent some time out around the 3 point line, even made one, but when he got into the middle and needed to grab a board and tip it or stick it back.... he did with ease.  Their opponent had no size to combat Perry and Henderson.  I'd love to see him against some competition.... I bet he turns it on!

They had another big.... and I mean BIG PF that would spell Perry and Henderson.  Dude could move three guys out of his way to get to the rim.  Made a clear out down the baseline on 2 defenders and shot the ball over the back of the backboard and swished it like he did it all the time!  Not sure who he was.

Again overall these guys had exceptional speed, energy and I think above all DEFENSE!  I know they were way over matched for their opponent but you could see their trapping defense and running ability is going to be special as they move towards the next level. 

Thx for the post bro!

HognitiveDissonance

I saw a few highlights on the news last night. Beard, Hannahs, Justin Thomas were also there.

They also showed some clips of Zion Williamson. Wow, what a beast.

RaisinHog

Arkansas Hawks 84, Atlanta Celtics 61 - final - Perry 19 points, Joe 17, Stokes 14, Hill 13, Sills 7, Henderson 8, Weaver 7

Hogs49ers

Quote from: RaisinHog on April 01, 2017, 02:46:22 pm
Arkansas Hawks 84, Atlanta Celtics 61 - final - Perry 19 points, Joe 17, Stokes 14, Hill 13, Sills 7, Henderson 8, Weaver 7

Perry 19 pts, 8 rb, 5 blk, 4 stl - pretty complete game!  Plus he went up against 5-star EJ Montgomery (Aubbie commit) who ONLY finished w/5 pts, 7 rebs, & 5 turnovers ... I would take our 4 star over their 5 star any day!
SCREW Vandy!

HossHog

Quote from: gogamer on March 31, 2017, 11:56:45 pm

I am pretty sure the big kid you are talking about is Stokes from Parkview

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 01, 2017, 02:49:01 pm
Perry 19 pts, 8 rb, 5 blk, 4 stl - pretty complete game!  Plus he went up against 5-star EJ Montgomery (Aubbie commit) who ONLY finished w/5 pts, 7 rebs, & 5 turnovers ... I would take our 4 star over their 5 star any day!

That's pretty impressive forgot about him being on that team thanks !

Hogs49ers

My gosh, Justice Hill is a helluva ball player - 21 assists totaled in the first 2 games, super intelligent, bigtime charisma, and high energy.  Plus he is super excited to get on the Hill, to the point where he is seriously talking about taking extra classes so he can get up the Hill a year early with the rest of his Hawks teammates.  IMO, he will be one of the best true point guards to ever play for the Hogs when it is all said and done!

Wow, I am just getting so damn excited after watching these up and comers play! Go Hogs!
SCREW Vandy!

gogamer

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 01, 2017, 04:20:24 pm
My gosh, Justice Hill is a helluva ball player - 21 assists totaled in the first 2 games, super intelligent, bigtime charisma, and high energy.  Plus he is super excited to get on the Hill, to the point where he is seriously talking about taking extra classes so he can get up the Hill a year early with the rest of his Hawks teammates.  IMO, he will be one of the best true point guards to ever play for the Hogs when it is all said and done!

Wow, I am just getting so damn excited after watching these up and comers play! Go Hogs!

I have to agree.  Doesn't quite have the size that Beck had but his command of the court could be unmatched in Hog history

RaisinHog

He could grow some I mean he is literally in the 10th grade .. prolly 16

Hogs49ers

April 01, 2017, 11:53:09 pm #22 Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:11:20 am by Hogs49ers
Isaiah Joe led the team to victory again tonight with 26 pts, 8 rbs and 5 steals! He now leads the team with 65 points through 3 games!

I mean hell - he is the lowest 2018 recruit we have, but that won't last long if he keeps this up. He looks to jump a bunch of spots in the rankings if he keeps having these consistent stats competing against the top talent in the country during these huge tourneys...

He has one of the smoothest strokes I've ever seen, and he can get himself open for the 3 - very creative in this aspect. Has no problem popping the 3 when someone is right is his face either and is a bit taller than some of other greatest 3 pt shooters at Arkansas.  All this should lead to, dare I say, the best 3 pt shooter in Razorback history.  I don't think you could convince me that he doesn't have a great chance to accomplish that.
SCREW Vandy!

LRHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 01, 2017, 11:53:09 pm
Isaiah Joe led the team to victory again tonight with 26 pts, 8 rbs and 5 steals! He now leads the team with 65 points through 3 games!

I mean hell - he is the lowest 2018 recruit we have, but that won't last long if he keeps this up. He looks to jump a bunch of spots in the rankings if he keeps having these consistent stats competing against the top talent in the country during these huge tourneys...

He has one of the smoothest strokes I've ever seen, and he can get himself open for the 3 - very creative in this aspect. Has no problem popping the 3 when someone is right is his face either and is a bit taller than some of other greatest 3 pt shooters at Arkansas.  All this should lead to, dare I say, the best 3 pt shooter in Razorback history.  I don't think you could convince me that he doesn't have a great chance to accomplish that.

The size and base ability are all there. But lets not put pressure on these kids before they even get to college. If they set records, they set records and we'll cheer em on till the day we die... But to just go out and say that is a big ask for a 17-18 year old kid.

The_Iceman

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/848552432317681671

These two with Gafford will give Arkansas our most talented front court in a long time. Then throw in Bailey and Hazen (if he stays).

The_Iceman

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 02, 2017, 11:22:20 am

These two with Gafford will give Arkansas our most talented front court in a long time. Then throw in Bailey and Hazen (if he stays).

who was doing the handling and who was doing the dunking?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

rzrbackramsfan

Perry with the handles Henderson with the dunk.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 02, 2017, 11:22:20 am

Things are looking good.  Stacking great recruiting class after great recruiting class and getting year after year continuity may get us to the promised lands.

jgphillips3

We are definitely going to be more talented top to bottom in 2 years than we have been since Corliss left.  Everything will just hinge on how they develop and how long they play together as to how far that takes us.  Looks like we will be a tournament team for at least the next 4 years at a minimum.

Letsroll1200

I'm really looking forward to Ethan Henderson growing his game on the Hill. I've watched him play several times and his game is inside the paint on offense. He is not afraid to throw it down but will his game expand on the next level.

Joe and Perry have elite level skill sets that will translate quickly to the college game. Desi is going to get after you on both ends and Justice is the QB.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 01, 2017, 04:20:24 pm

+1000. i can not wait.

upperdeck_hawg

Joe's jumper is effortless. Reminds me of Scotty Thurman. He looks taller than 6'2
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

The_Iceman

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on April 02, 2017, 03:36:07 pm
Joe's jumper is effortless. Reminds me of Scotty Thurman. He looks taller than 6'2

Isaiah Joe is a solid 6'4" now. Reports are he may not be done growing. If he reaches 6'6", he will be the next Scotty Thurman.

poloprince

Lost in the championship game by 1 to team Marcus Smart for the Real Deal 17u title.
$PoLoPrInCe$

FineAsSwine

Quote from: poloprince on April 02, 2017, 05:06:29 pm
Lost in the championship game by 1 to team Marcus Smart for the Real Deal 17u title.

Damn. Who's on that team?
Hogs up! Covid down!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 31, 2017, 09:30:31 pm
I posted about Joe earlier at the end of the season. Joe is about 6/4 long arms and he is a pure of a shooter as you can see. He plays the game the right way. I'm telling you he's a first day starter. Very under rated player just wait and see. Handles the ball very well left or right and is very athletic.

Kevin McPherson

I posted my All Arkansas team stuff in another thread on here that I wrote for SportingLifeArkansas.com, and I go into detail about the all-around player that Joe is (made my 1st-team All Arkansas). Strangley, he's ranked 147th in the national composite done by 247Sports -- a 3-star -- but ESPN ranks him a 4-star, Scout had him in the Top 100 and a 4-star, and Lindy's Sports ranks him the No. 35 prospect in the entire 2018 class. And those are based off post-2016 grassroots rankings.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 02, 2017, 08:37:13 pm
I posted my All Arkansas team stuff in another thread on here that I wrote for SportingLifeArkansas.com, and I go into detail about the all-around player that Joe is (made my 1st-team All Arkansas). Strangley, he's ranked 147th in the national composite done by 247Sports -- a 3-star -- but ESPN ranks him a 4-star, Scout had him in the Top 100 and a 4-star, and Lindy's Sports ranks him the No. 35 prospect in the entire 2018 class. And those are based off post-2016 grassroots rankings.

Look like he's playing with more confidence.  He is the second best prospect on that team in my opinion.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HardingHog on April 03, 2017, 03:02:39 am
http://www.ygc36hoops.com/2018  - Here's their roster

http://247sports.com/Player/Grant-Sherfield-91805

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Wilson-45572947

http://247sports.com/Player/Zac-Watson-46036681

http://247sports.com/Player/Kyler-Edwards-46035652

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Likekele-46035735

These are just some of the 247 pages I could dig up on these guys. They definitely have some studs especially on the perimeter

Thanks friend. Pretty decent talent. Probably were jacked to prove themselves against a team with 5 D1 signees going to UA. Not too far from the Dallas area. Hog 5 better get ready to get the best shot of a lot of unheralded teams out there.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hardtimes79

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 03, 2017, 10:36:18 am
Thanks friend. Pretty decent talent. Probably were jacked to prove themselves against a team with 5 D1 signees going to UA. Not too far from the Dallas area. Hog 5 better get ready to get the best shot of a lot of unheralded teams out there.

They really should've won the game.  They missed so many layups including in the final minutes.  One thing that drove me crazy is they took way too many jump shots when perry and henderson had the advantage inside.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

Grizzlyfan

How would Justice Hill do in a game of one-on-one against Tevin Brewer?

RaisinHog

Is hill a Joel berry type ?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 03, 2017, 12:55:25 pm

Great question. Brewer's 2 years older and is a one-on-one machine, while Hill is a true PG. However, Hill is 3-4 inches taller and more athletic ... and it's not like Hill can't score at all 3 levels, because he can. Would be an interesting matchup.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 04, 2017, 07:45:10 pm
Where do you think he'll end up after his de-commit from UAFS?
Like I said before, I hope he ends up back at UAFS instead of someplace like Southern Miss.  Or some other competitive program in a lower classification.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 04, 2017, 06:50:08 pm
Great question. Brewer's 2 years older and is a one-on-one machine, while Hill is a true PG. However, Hill is 3-4 inches taller and more athletic ... and it's not like Hill can't score at all 3 levels, because he can. Would be an interesting matchup.
2 years older?  isn't Justice a 2018 graduate?

azhog10

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 06, 2017, 09:31:33 am
2 years older?  isn't Justice a 2018 graduate?
Yes he is of the age of most 2018 graduates. Although some 2018 graduates could or should be 2017 graduates. So maybe he means he's 2 grades wiser....lol

As of right now Justice is a 2019 graduate unless he reclassifies.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: azhog10 on April 06, 2017, 10:26:00 am
Yes he is of the age of most 2018 graduates. Although some 2018 graduates could or should be 2017 graduates. So maybe he means he's 2 grades wiser....lol

As of right now Justice is a 2019 graduate unless he reclassifies.

Yes, Justice is 2018 age-wise, but 2019 in actual experience and classification (for now).

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 03, 2017, 12:55:25 pm
Well it is not about a game of one on one. Brewer is a great HS player but he's no SEC caliber the best place for him is UAFS. Not sure why you would even bring this up?

Brewer is a shoot first player and Hill is a true PG.