Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Franklin “This is not the same old Vandy". Losses are coming the same ol' ways.

Started by jbcarol, October 30, 2011, 08:54:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Climer: Vandy kicks itself against Arkansas.
New attitude Vandy still loses grasp of upset in familiar ways.
Photo Gallery

QuoteHe's one part coach, one part editor.

After James Franklin watched his Vanderbilt Commodores throw a major scare into eighth-ranked Arkansas before losing 31-28 on Saturday afternoon, he turned his attention to controlling the message.

"This is not the same old Vanderbilt, and I'm not going to allow anybody to write anything or report anything differently," Franklin said.

For the record, I agree with him on one front: This is not same ol' Vandy.

When Spear missed, it was yet another big one that got away.

"I want everybody to understand, our players included, that you can learn lessons and win," Franklin said. "You don't have to lose to learn lessons in life."

Live and learn.

Again.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Photo gallery in the OP link includes pics of Wilson getting speared, Vandy celebration of spear, Wade's hit, the beginning of a scoop and score, and dejection.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

JackJohnson

Quote from: jbcarol on October 30, 2011, 08:54:59 am
Climer: Vandy kicks itself against Arkansas.
New attitude Vandy still loses grasp of upset in familiar ways.
Photo Gallery

I really like Franklin and think he is a good young coach with potential to be a great coach- but something about the head coach running around jumping and chest bumping on the sidelines just rubs me the wrong way.  Call me old school or what have you, i just think it is disrespectful to the opposing sidelines.

Marshfieldhog

He is nothing more than a cheerleader, teams will rise and fall by his emotions

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Y-lee-coyote

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 30, 2011, 08:58:26 am
I really like Franklin and think he is a good young coach with potential to be a great coach- but something about the head coach running around jumping and chest bumping on the sidelines just rubs me the wrong way.  Call me old school or what have you, i just think it is disrespectful to the opposing sidelines.
I had to give you a plus one sir, many say that is the Rx to fixing the D. Fire WR and hire a rah rah guy. I support whatever CBP decides but I seriously doubt we see rah rah on EITHER side of the ball as long as CBP is here.

Next1_04

rljjr

Quote from: jbcarol on October 30, 2011, 09:49:02 am

Where is the OUTRAGE for this VICIOUS helmet to helmet contact? Where was the flag? Where was the ejection? I'm fairly sure there was even a celebration after this hit. Hmmmmm. I mean there is no LESS reason for hue and cry except that we aren't going to cry about it and we don't have Andre Ware leading the charge.

jamie72921

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 30, 2011, 08:58:26 am

He lost the game for his team yesterday with his emotional outbursts. They went up 21-7 and they show him all giddy on the sidelines with us still having time to score. I called it a win at that moment.

His team lost focus immediately and we went down the field for a td to end the half.

Then after the Wade deal, he again let his emotions get the better of him and they go 3 and out and wasted EXCELLENT field position.

Couple that with the altercation after the Georgia game and you can see this guy is way too immature to take advantage of his talents, which are many.

He will flame out if he doesn't learn to stay focused during games for his team's sake.
Bless your heart

BroyledNutts

Love that celebration pose that Fugger strikes in the pic...standing over TW...while TW is on the ground trying to find his head...

Good job, Curles and crew...another one for the SEC archives....

I would say send those two to Andre Ware and ask him where is disgust over that hit is, but it would not generate anything good.