Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luke Jones and Notre Dame

Started by Tusks, December 18, 2017, 10:54:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2017, 02:54:04 pm
What about the other Arkansans that are living up the high life in other parts of the state, don't you hate on us too?

What constitutes, "living the high life"?

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2017, 03:01:24 pm
How many troll accounts did you set up back in 2007, and how did you remember the password over numerous computers?

amazing how many accounts there are like that on hogville, isnt it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on December 27, 2017, 03:11:34 pm
What constitutes, "living the high life"?

Drinking Miller beer.....

Tyro3

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2017, 03:01:24 pm
How many troll accounts did you set up back in 2007, and how did you remember the password over numerous computers?

Lol. My thoughts as well.

ricepig

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 27, 2017, 03:36:09 pm
Miller? you sir must be demented!

Did I say I did, I was just distinguishing the "high life" for the man.

bphi11ips

Kind of surprised by this.  Notre Dame would be hard to turn down, though. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

artvandelay

Paul

Quote from: rljjr on December 21, 2017, 03:09:17 pm
Harold Hill?
Well done.  BTW I went up to ND for a game this fall & the campus is beautiful. 

jabberjawls

So we hire a 14-22 coach and expect everyone, including recruits, to jump with joy?

AlmaHog2011

Count me as not worried. Don't like this kid or his Hogville fans. Typical of Hogville nowdays is taking up for the kid and bashing everything Arkansas.

Sad what has happened to Hogville. So many ND fans that it makes me sick.

Get back to me when this kid never plays. He would never have played here and he's over rated as a 3 star. Now start posting how great he is and how Arkansas sucks. Carry on.

AirWarren

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 27, 2017, 04:01:37 pm
Count me as not worried. Don't like this kid or his Hogville fans. Typical of Hogville nowdays is taking up for the kid and bashing everything Arkansas.

Get back to me when this kid never plays. He would never have played here and he's over rated as a 3 star. Now start posting how great he is and how Arkansas sucks. Carry on.

So angry.

jabberjawls

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 27, 2017, 04:01:37 pm

It's not sad what has happened to hogville.  What is sad is what has happened to the UA football program.

ricepig

Letsroll1200

Just here to see if Jones will get the KJ Hill treatment on hogville.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 27, 2017, 04:28:20 pm

WHO? (I keed, I keed)
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ricepig

Nope, going for the Monk treatment on this one.

jackflash

at the end of recruiting I expect Jones to be a hog

ricepig

billmontgomery10

Quote from: jackflash on December 27, 2017, 04:37:00 pm
at the end of recruiting I expect Jones to be a hog

You are dreaming my friend. He is off for the Golden Dome. I think this had less to do with Bielema leaving and more to do with the abysmal season last year. Flanagan was quoted as saying his switch to OSU had nothing to do with Bielema and that he had made up his mind before Bielema was fired that he was headed to Stillwater.
Time to take a deep breath and move on to the next best lineman available....

RD

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 27, 2017, 03:02:21 pm
2 in-staters flipped to other P5 programs in last month... Pitiful. Say what you will/attack me, but any kid that grows up in Arkansas and doesn't want to be a Hog wasn't raised right.
you are a sad little man

billmontgomery10

Quote from: AP85 on December 27, 2017, 01:57:57 pm
That's right.....

That's why he is going to swap the PA gold helmet for the ND Gold helmet.

You have to look at the bigger picture here. UofAF education < Notre Dame education. That is just a fact.

Not a fact. If the kid were wanting to major in engineering, like Fulwider, the choice would have been easy. U of A!

John Snow

Is he even catholic because going to a catholic school is alot different than going to PA and belonging to Fellowship Bible church where memorizing the bible and having having money will get you by.Trust me  once school starts and  has to  the pray the hail Mary knelling entire time  for the  rossary   and hear about confession before every game  and honesty he is going to go bonkers and want to come to Fayetteville .

Wooderson

Complete failure by the staff. Now we are battling nebraska and Mississippi State for a 2 star at a position of dire need. This staff is exactly what their recruiting rankings show them to be.

They better win big and quick.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on December 27, 2017, 05:11:39 pm
Complete failure by the staff. Now we are battling nebraska and Mississippi State for a 2 star at a position of dire need. This staff is exactly what their recruiting rankings show them to be.

3*

https://247sports.com/player/ryan-winkel-46039879

colbs

Quote from: Wooderson on December 27, 2017, 05:11:39 pm

You're late

chiti66

Let the kid sign where he wants.  I am 110% all HOG, but ND does have clout.  Depends on what the kid is looking for....going to ND will not get him closer to the NFL, if that is his goal.  UA+SEC > ND+ACC...and like someone said earlier, a degree from ND does have the perception of carrying more clout than a degree from UA.  Go HOGS!!!

jdlew

I'm not angry...and don't want to see a player get injured...but I also hope they never play a down...

Wooderson

texas tush hog

He should.

ricepig

Quote from: Wooderson on December 27, 2017, 05:24:24 pm
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/944856066877112320

Our own staff is telling him he is a diamond in the rough.

Not ranked on ESPN and a 2 star on rivals.

Not ranked means they haven't evaluated him. He's a 3* on the composite ranking, which means the services that have rated him. You can be a diamond in the rough as a 3*, lol.

Seebs

Ahhh a race troll.  Protest schedule getting slim I assume.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jabberjawls

ricepig

So, ND and VA offers vs MSU and Nebraska, I don't really see much difference.

rljjr

Quote from: Paul on December 27, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
  Well done.  BTW I went up to ND for a game this fall & the campus is beautiful. 

It's on my bucket list to go when we play there.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on December 27, 2017, 05:50:24 pm
It's on my bucket list to go when we play there.

Yeah, now we can boo Luke, haha.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Seebs on December 27, 2017, 05:30:38 pm
Ahhh a race troll.  Protest schedule getting slim I assume.

He definitely harbors race agendas at times

Wooderson

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2017, 05:41:15 pm
So, ND and VA offers vs MSU and Nebraska, I don't really see much difference.

Valid

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 27, 2017, 03:04:09 pm
Good points....

In today’s world, just because you have a degree from a Harvard, a Yale, or a Stanford or Notre Dame does not guarantee you success. Neither does UA.

But there are opportunities that will exist within the home state that will favor those who choose the option of trying to make home the best it can be.

Nothing guarantees success. However, a degree from Harvard, Yale or Stanford will open up doors not possible otherwise. It's just fact.

hogfanny

hawginbigd1

No worries we wont miss 3 of the top 4 recruits in our state, we will get much better players from Texas for sure! /S

Snouty

Too bad that so many folks feel the need to disrespect a young man for making a difficult choice on where to attend college and go out to play football.  I might not have made the same choice young Mr. Jones made if I had offers from UA and Notre Dame, but it is his choice to make, not yours or mine.  I wish him the very best.

MavND1973

Quote from: hogfanny on December 27, 2017, 06:29:42 pm
Now was this Jerry's boy?
You are so concerned about a recruit flipping to Notre Dame that you can't even figure out if it's Jerry Jones grandson? Nice trolling.

AirWarren

Quote from: John Snow on December 27, 2017, 04:47:33 pm
Is he even catholic because going to a catholic school is alot different than going to PA and belonging to Fellowship Bible church where memorizing the bible and having having money will get you by.Trust me  once school starts and  has to  the pray the hail Mary knelling entire time  for the  rossary   and hear about confession before every game  and honesty he is going to go bonkers and want to come to Fayetteville .

PA has too many Muslims to be a "fellowship bible church".

MavND1973

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 27, 2017, 01:05:54 pm
No screw notre damn this is not the early 90's .. people like you piss me off .. why are you even on a hog message board if you think we should be happy for some one going elsewhere ... Go get on a stinking irish message board ..

This is just stupid. You have absolutely no clue what the real world is all about.

I was raised to root for the Hogs, and at 44 years old I still do. I have a Hog tattooed on my leg and I've sent 3 of my children to the U of A, with another headed there in two years. I've donated to the University and I've bought season tickets for many years.

I also graduated from ND in 1996. It's real simple why I went there. My school was paid for and my family was not by any stretch wealthy. They gave the most in scholarships and a degree from Notre Dame (right or wrong) does open doors that one from the U of A does not. I wish it weren't true, but it is. It is considered more prestigious. This isn't me saying that U of A is not a good school. I certainly would not send my children there if it were. Academically, Notre Dame is generally just given higher consideration.

My entire time at Notre Dame I still rooted for the Hogs, but I also developed a love for Notre Dame and all the blessings I received from the school.

Knocking a young man who obviously made a decision he and his family put a lot of thought into is childish. Telling someone they can't respect, admire, or like a team and still be on this message board reeks of someone who needs to leave the trailer park and see the rest of the world.   

MavND1973

Quote from: John Snow on December 27, 2017, 04:47:33 pm

This is just a stupid generalization. You've not attended one class at Notre Dame or ever set foot on the campus but want to throw this moronic crap out there. Sweet Jesus you are a DA.

AirWarren

Quote from: MavND1973 on December 27, 2017, 07:10:16 pm
This is just stupid. You have absolutely no clue what the real world is all about.

I was raised to root for the Hogs, and at 44 years old I still do. I have a Hog tattooed on my leg and I've sent 3 of my children to the U of A, with another headed there in two years. I've donated to the University and I've bought season tickets for many years.

I also graduated from ND in 1996. It's real simple why I went there. My school was paid for and my family was not by any stretch wealthy. They gave the most in scholarships and a degree from Notre Dame (right or wrong) does open doors that one from the U of A does not. I wish it weren't true, but it is. It is considered more prestigious. This isn't me saying that U of A is not a good school. I certainly would not send my children there if it were. Academically, Notre Dame is generally just given higher consideration.

My entire time at Notre Dame I still rooted for the Hogs, but I also developed a love for Notre Dame and all the blessings I received from the school.

Knocking a young man who obviously made a decision he and his family put a lot of thought into is childish. Telling someone they can't respect, admire, or like a team and still be on this message board reeks of someone who needs to leave the trailer park and see the rest of the world.

Great post.

MavND1973

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 27, 2017, 03:02:21 pm
2 in-staters flipped to other P5 programs in last month... Pitiful. Say what you will/attack me, but any kid that grows up in Arkansas and doesn't want to be a Hog wasn't raised right.

This is just a level of stupid that defies measurement.

ricepig

Quote from: MavND1973 on December 27, 2017, 07:10:16 pm

Just out of curiosity, do any of your bosses hold degrees from the UofA?